CUTTING

Fuck my life, I've never made it through with cutting, and I'm pretty fucking fat, sticky is pretty fucking vague and I'm ready for the process

HOW DO I CUT Veeky Forums

pic related, thats me

Other urls found in this thread:

youmeworks.com/whylowcarb.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

eat less
move more

caloric deficit
consistency

How to fail your diet:
>Buy a bunch of food and put it in your fridge/pantry
>Spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week trying not to eat too much of it at once

How to succeed at your diet:
>Empty house of food
>Buy exactly 21 meals worth of raw food that has to be cooked, based on caloric need
>no soda, no snacks, nothing else but tea/coffee (no sugar) and low calorie chewing gum
>Do not return to the grocery for 7 days
>Now instead of needing to have willpower for 168 hours every week, you need to have willpower for 30 minutes while you're at the grocery
>Instead of grabbing things to snack on, you will have to commit to 20+ minutes of cooking when you want to eat

that's not you

This is the only way.

>How do i cut

Count your calories.
Every day be on a 500-700kcal deficit.
Do this for 4-6 months and you're cut.

>pic related, thats me
>bulldozer-610676.jpg

well if isis allows you to go on mongolion throat singing boards then I believe you

What's the best cardio for burning fat? I keep hearing arguments for both sides but they tend to sound biased. Right now I'm leaning on steady state cardio. Any good sources that will tell me objectively which is best?

low caloric density.
conting NEVER works for long if you're still hungry at the end of the day.

HIIT is, there's not room for debate.

That said, diet is the most important factor here by a long shot.

Swimming>cycling>running.

All in terms of calories burned/joint stress/fun.

HIIT comes off as a meme. Can you link sources that convinced you that that is the prime method of cardio for fat loss?

>HIIT comes off as a meme.
It's literally keeping your heartrate up, thus causing more cardiovascular work. How the fuck is that a meme?

Are you serious?

I´ve been on a 600kcal cut now for a few months (4-5?) and still not on my desired physique. However I often completely crash around 11, I just need to sleep. My friends often go hangout but I usually take off before 12 because I'm just super tired.

is this because of my deficit or is it linked to something else? I eat around 200-210g carbs everyday.

You're cutting and eating 200g of fucking carbs?

yes.. calories are calories. if i'm eating 200g of carbs and I'm still on 2400 with a TDEE of 3000 what the fuck does it matter.

as memey as it sounds, intermittent fasting has really helped me while cutting. Not even kidding. It seems to be the only "fad" way of eating that actually works.

Solid advice

>calories are calories
That's not the case at all. Carbs are usually less filling or nutritious. Out of all types of foods, ones that are high in carbs are the ones you can cut out the most.

>a TDEE of 3000
You don't have a sedentary TDEE of 3000. Regardless if you're lifting or doing cardio or whatever, you need to be eating at a deficit of your SEDENTARY TDEE.

No.
What the fuck is "sedentary TDEE" anyways, I think you mean BMR.

And you eat at a deficit of your TDEE not your BMR, when you want to cut.

your TDEE is not 3k

>I eat around 200-210g carbs everyday.

There's your problem.

>What the fuck is "sedentary TDEE" anyways, I think you mean BMR.
No, I mean sedentary TDEE. When you cut, you eat at a sedentary deficit, since extra calories burned is worth it anyhow.

Give me your height and weight.

Because we're comparing to the traditional steady state cardio which also raises your heart rate. Hiit just sounds like its made by the wannabe hardcore kids who like to latch to these fads. Anyway, you got the source that made you convert?

Keto/low carb has been working great for me. I'm never hungry, and I'm very active most of the day and work a physical job. 6'0 200lbs~ fatty on about 1500cal a day. Last time I tried losing weight I was starving all the time.

Make sure you get your fibre though. For the love of god do not neglect fibre.

You're right, my TDEE + activity = 3000, my bad.

>That's not the case at all. Carbs are usually less filling or nutritious. Out of all types of foods, ones that are high in carbs are the ones you can cut out the most.
That's literally COMPLETELY missing my point. Wether it's making me feel full or if it's nutritious or whether I can cut it out or not, it's still the amount of kcals that count. Like I said, I'm on 2400, which is a cut of 600 kcal.

My question still stands.

I work in a grocery store

Explain.
Carbs are still 4 kcal per gramme. If you claim otherwise do convince me.

Sorry, I'm not OP.
>since extra calories burned is worth it anyhow.
That's not the point, the point is, if you (someone) want to cut, eat at a 500 cal deficit.
My BMR is around 1800, I burn around 600 when I workout, that's 2400 TDEE. In order to cut ~0.5 kg / week, I should eat 1900, not 1300.

It's not like it's some radically alternative heart rate routine: it's literally just keeping your heartrate up. C25K uses it.

Top post on reddit says c25k is not a hiit program.

Calories are calories when the only thibg in question is losing weight. However, there is more to losing weight than numbers on a scale. Many things from how much energy you have during the day, to how much muscle you lose vs. how much fat you lose, to your goddamn mental wellbeing depend on or are heavily influenced by the composition of your diet.

I'm not him.
HIIT burns more calories than steady cardio over the same timespan.
I read a paper on it a long time ago, don't really wanna google scholar it atm, but you're free to do so.

you don't have to be this autistic about it but otherwise solid advice, you can't eat what you don't have

>it's still the amount of kcals that count. Like I said, I'm on 2400, which is a cut of 600 kcal.
Well, for one thing, I doubt your TDEE is 3000 even with activity.

You've already mentioned that you crash at 11. Carbs are not a great energy source (also why no-carb or low-carb diets such as psmf and keto lose weight extremely fast). A better choice would be foods rich in healthy fat and protein.

Once again,state your goddamn height/weight/sex. It's the only way we can help you.

That sounds pretty obvious. The thing I'm wondering is if the overall work out is better. 20 minutes of hiit or 45 of steady state.

stats: 187cm (6'2 i think) . 83kg =183lbs . 25 y/o

My Daily Goal kcal: 2,400 carb 210 fat 80 protein 210

thoughts then?

Stated, the stats posted are mine

2400 really does seem like an excessive amount for anyone trying to lose weight

sticky gives me a TDEE of 3050.
minus 500-700 (the calculator in sticky does 25% deficit) means 2400 kcal.

and I've been eating as how the sticky tells me. tell me what's wrong with that.

Of course it does, but you won't be able to maintain a HIIT level of exertion for as long as medium pace running. It evens out. This other user is trying to find out what is best for fat loss overall.

Do none of you have sources?

Another different user here. In my opinion it doesn't matter that much. If you prefer steady-state, that will serve you much better in the long term than forcing yourself to do cardio you don't enjoy.

whenever people talk about cutting, i see them talk of calorie goals around 1400 - 1800. saw a guy boasting that he was cutting on 2000cal a day, but he was already built as fuck. definitely an exception

eat less carbs, they're not filling. i can eat a bowl of brown rice and be hungry 10 minutes later, whereas 250g of grilled chicken will keep me saited for hours

you're eating over your sedentary TDEE, no wonder you're not at your desired weight yet.

site is tdeecalculator.net

Way too many carbs and too many calories. A good ratio to eat at would be a lower-carb diet (IE: Max daily carb intake of 150g, and even that's kind of pushing it). I've found lower carb intake is way, way way easier to lose weight with.

you came here for advice, don't get fucking defensive you cocksucker. You obviously aren't getting the results you want, so why not shut the fuck up and listen to the people who have actually managed to do what you're trying?

I use to do a steady state only, but now I do both. In doing HIIT I've discovered that my breathing was improved when I do my steady state cardio.

As for calories burn it's the same during the work out. Just do what you enjoy more. I like both, so I do both. HIIT 2xwk and steady state 2-3xwk

I don't even do cardio and the fat is melting off.

Keto is wizardry I tell you hwat.

would i lose more on keto than a regular cut?

keto is only for extreme cases imo. It's not necessarily a healthy way to lose weight, just very very fast. Better for obese people since they have so much extra bodyweight anyhow.

Like others have said, you will never be hungry on low carb/keto.
My goal is 1500 but I often struggle to hit that cause I feel full all the time. I lift 5x a week, and I'm far from small or sedentary.

based

much appreciated, but you're telling me my mistake has been in overeating 150kcals?
What your argueing is 'fullness', but if I'm sticking to 2400 with carbs like that, managing my 'hunger' or 'fullness' as you'd like. I still don't see how that's something I should improve as I basically have the determination to live with that
continue to enlighten me senpai, I am questioning because I want to understand instead of just accepting and doing whatever someone tells me to

You don't need some meme keto diet though, just lower the carbs. I get some from kidney beans and onions (I love me some quorn chilli), and I bought some mussels today that have are 3/1 protein/carbs cause they were going cheap.

Just don't eat bread. Or rice. Or oats. [spoiler]i know, drown me[/spoiler]

saving this for when i move out

based

THIS MAN KNOWS THE TRUTH.

Since when did spoilers not work here?

youmeworks.com/whylowcarb.html

do some googling yourself next time.

>you're telling me my mistake has been in overeating 150kcals?

You're eating at a surplus of 150kcals. That means you're gaining weight.

no spoilers on this board.

don't expect in depth technical explanations from Veeky Forums, just accept that the overwhelming majority of people here use a method different than yours for a reason

I don't know, but you look silly

i know

BMI 30 with zero muscle here

fat enough for keto?

Hunger is not really a problem, i find it quite pleasurable

My issue is that my weight loss has slowed down from 1kg/week to ~300g/week despite adjustments for lost weight and it's killing my motivation. Would keto fix that somewhow?

how much g of carbs would you recommend me for my stats?

I'd recommend PSMF as opposed to Keto.

It's worked for me and several others. Like IF, it's just something else to try.

There's something to do with carbs being quickly used as energy or stored as fat, whilst protein is slowly absorbed as fuel for the muscles, but I'm not gonna pretend to be doing anything outside of regurgitating facts from youtube videos.

Just give it a go, it's worked wonders for me.

Same I'd recommend for anyone, a max of 30% of your intake.

Your ratio for carbs/fat/protein should look like 30/30/40.

why?

from a 15 second look at wikipedia it seems even more hazardous for health than keto

>what is insulin sensitivity and why should I improve it during cut

Do whatever you want man. Either way it's gonna lose you weight.

>mfw

don't even use whey

what the fuck are you eating? Show us your diet.

After years of berma bulking, I need to cut. Badly. I feel fat as fuck and my clothes aren't fitting properly any more.

>6"3 270lbs
>Bench 345lbs
>Squat 475lbs
>DL 550lbs

I feel like I need to get down to around 220ish to get into the teens for bf%. Not looking to get super lean, 15% is fine. My goal is to hit 220lbs by October. Does that seem too optimistic?

>keeping muscle and losing fat
>cutting 50 pounds in 5 months

choose one.

i don't eat the fish any more, cause it tastes like depression, and i upped the chicken to 600g. so a little more fat in there

also i don't add in veg/milk for coffee which is 100cals/10g carbs

You guys must have DYEL metabolisms if you think cutting on 2400 is too much calories.

I'm a manlet and have been cutting on 2500 calories and I've lost 16lbs (190 > 174). Lifting 4 days a week and 30minutes of cardio everyday. I'm staying at 2500 until the fatloss stops, then I'll only drop it down to 2400 and increase cardio to 40minutes a day and that's usually enough to get me shredded at 160 or so.

also ignore the tomatoes i stopped using those. they had a fair amount of carbs which aren't displayed. you get used to the bland

Sprinting, without ANY doubt. Sprinters are lean, marathoners/joggers look like aushwitz survivors.

Treat sprints like reps, and do them in sets.

This one hundo percent

Also drink more water

That.

Hungry? Eat a brocolli.
Don't want brocolli? Then you're not hungry enough.

>600g of chicken
>over a pound of chicken every day.
jesus fucking christ that can't be cheap.

Also double check all your nutrition facts, myfitnesspal gets a surprising amount of them wrong.

>You guys must have DYEL metabolisms if you think cutting on 2400 is too much calories.
more like we like losing weight efficiently

how long have you been cutting?

You're doing it wrong..
Cutting means Cutting carbs OUT of your diet...

i've checked them, they're within 15%

i buy the poorfag value frozen chicken fillets, 1kg bags for £4. i worked that out at £16 a week, maybe 20 now i've upped it to 600g

covered in spice it all tastes the same. my spice pack is 4g carbs 40cals, but most is left on the tray

>2.2 pounds of chicken for $6

what magical paradise do you live in where chicken is that cheap

bongland

they're frozen offcuts but chicken is chicken right? i dice and nuke it. covered in spice and boxed up for work, it feels like fast food. mentally that really helps

Keep protein high(1-1.2g/lb bw), and cycle your carbs so that you have more on a training day than on rest days.

If you want something sweet to stop you from breaking your diet, sugary cereals with unsweetened almond milk or jellies are perfect as a post workout meal to replenish glycogen stores along with a protein shake. 5g/day of creatine will help to keep your strength levels too.

Use a tdee calculator online and work out your tdee. Subtract 500 and use my fitness pal to track calories to ensure you stay on track.

When you start to plateau, eat one or two days a week at maintenance or slightly above

make sure to include spices in your calorie count.

Remove carb, add some good fats, like an avocado and coconut oil. Probably reduce overal numbers too, Your calories intake still seems high. I'm 6'1", 180lb, 30y/o, and during cut I consume 1400-1500 cal per day, stay active, and feel great.

lol, fucking DYELs get off this board

he's right though.

no he isn't

not unless you're literally 8% bodyfat trying to get down to 5% bodyfat.

you're all just the reverse of perma-bulkers....you bulk on 7000 alories a day and get fat as fuck, then when it comes to cutting time you drop your calories down to like 1000-1500 calories a day like fucking idiots.

and then you wonder why people like me (who aren't fucking retarded with their nutrition) can have shredded abs while still consuming 2.5k+ calories a day

what does this have anything to do with carbs

My macros at the start of a cut are

by the end of a cut in which i get S H R E D D E D my macros usually end up around

I am still consuming 1000 calories/day from carbs alone at the end of a cut. To say you need to remove carbs all together is fucking spastic.

fucking hell I don't know what to believe anymore.

don't believe him. He's full of shit.

500g of protein

yeah, ok.

>To say you need to remove carbs all together is fucking spastic.
no one ever claimed that.

lol...do i really have to name each macro? wasn't it fucking obvious? how fucking dumb are you to assume the 3rd 500 figure was protein? are you fucking dumb? kill yourself maggot.

160 PROTEIN
80 FAT
500 CARBS

It's usually F/C/P

I do this but i have one problem. I cook it all at once and devour

Its like no one even thinks

Steady = more reps
HIIT = heavier weights

The answer is do both