He was the real father of Louis XIV and you fucking know it...

He was the real father of Louis XIV and you fucking know it. Witout exception every other person would have simply just gotten killed.

>and you fucking know it

I genuinely didn't but what makes you say that?

That every other person would have simply just gotten killed

so he cucked Louis XIII and had been held since that time?

No obviously only since 1669 because Louis XIII would have just killed him. Louis XIV wanting to keep the secret but reluctant to kill his father is the only explanation

>Most likely the real father of Louis XIV

It's hard to say because he possibly was of similar age to Louis XIV, hence why Voltaire and Dumas wrote him as Louis' brother.

But it's still likely he was related to Louis XIV somehow. Louis directly sent money to his jailor to take care of him which means there was some kind of sentimental attachment.

Just to clarify on the age, Louis XIV was born 1638. The Man in the Iron Mask is believed to have been born around 1640.

It would have been impossible to keep a twin brother a secret. Nor would there be sufficient reason to. Plus an older brother would have been too much of a threat to be kept alive and why imprison the younger one or at least why keep the identity a secret?

As for age that is true but I think one cannot be sure on how he looked and whether the father would have looked like that

As cliche as it is to say the real question is why did he wear the mask?

Lotta royalty for a night of fun

Perhaps he is wondering why you'd mask a man before hiding him in a dungeon.

At least he can't talk. Who is he?

Musketeer D'artagnan, I am the State.

Is that a real photo of him OP? That mask looks like it would give him bad acne, i know cause i have to take pills to keep mine under control

Yeah it's the only official photo he was allowed to take.

>Man in the Iron Mask
>mask is not actually iron

What did they mean by this?

Nobody cared who I was until someone put on the mask.

He was a literal meme and now people are synthesizing him with baneposting.
What a world

If I pulled that off will you die?

It would be extremely fameful

>pour toi

Was getting imprisoned part of your plan?

bastard child?

Close the thread. Bourbons were Germanic.

t. haplomaster

I remember hearing a theory that it was a brother of the same age who suffered from dementia, which couldn't revealed, for fear it fragilized the king's authority. the mask was to prevent self-harm (legit explanation, I've seen heavily autistic children and adults equipped with similar contraption to stop them from biting off their fingers or ripping off their ears)

some go as far as saying he was an older brother, imprisonned in secret so Louis XIV could rule

>give demented person mask to prevent self harm
>threaten to murder him if he speaks with anybody
>kept his identity secret from birth
Unlikely desu