What's your favorite military battle/campaign?

What's your favorite military battle/campaign?
Mine is definitely Operation Barbarossa
>that desperate race against time by the Germans to beat the Russians before Winter
>that desperate struggle for survival and defense of their Motherland by Soviet Union
>largest land campaign in history
>huge encirclements by the Germans at Białystok–Minsk, Uman and Kiev pockets with hundreds of thousands of men being captured
>heroic defensive battles at Smolensk, Odessa and Leningrad where the Red Army desperately fight against all odds to stall for time
>biggest climax in history at Battle of Moscow, with Germans being just a few dozen miles outside of their goal while Soviets send untrained reserves to their certain deaths to defend their capital
>the turn of the tide when the Weather changes to soviet advantage and Siberian reserves finally arrive and the Soviets counterattack across the entire front to push the invaders back

Other urls found in this thread:

operationbarbarossa.net/the-siberian-divisions-and-the-battle-for-moscow-in-1941-42/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman's_March_to_the_Sea
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

siberian reserves saving the day is a myth german soldiers came up with in '41. There was only a single 'Siberian' division that took part in the battle for moscow and it consisted mostly of men from the southern volga region.
operationbarbarossa.net/the-siberian-divisions-and-the-battle-for-moscow-in-1941-42/

other than that I would agree with you OP, Barbarossa's pretty darn interesting

So if it wasn’t the siberians, what happened between november 41 and july 42?

read the link i gave you, says it right there

>1943, 27 July

What about Guderian's memoirs? He was very clear about the arrival of the Siberian reinforcements, and their modified T-34s. At the time they reached Moscow he had 12 operational tanks.

Most of those German allies were of low quality and were as much a hindrance as an asset. German forces were probably less than 2,500,000 (this number is based on a payroll study).

>not including Operation Citadel/ the Battle of Kursk
It's like that anime episode where they blow the entire season's budget on one fight and everything that comes after just kinda pales in comparison

Operation Bagration.

I recently deleted my 300+ Yellow folder and whenever you post her you remindnme I betrayed my first waifu

Honestly this shit reads like a fucking novel series, this is like something a military fiction writer would create.

Does anyone ever get the uncanny feeling that we're living in some fat GRRM-esque author's extended universe?

peak Great Patriotic War is probably nothing compared to WW1 Eastern Front,its such a shame that we have no figures to give

>this is like something a military fiction writer would create
No that would be African wars, particularly the Congo Wars. Ogaden war is pretty interesting too, although it's far less nuanced and ridiculous.

Barbarossa is good but would've been better if the USSR collapsed like Hitler expected.
>massive collossus BTFOD within 3 months
>Wehrmacht becomes GOAT
>everyone stunned

Winter War

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman's_March_to_the_Sea

Why did you delete the folder?

Battle of Erzurum
Battle of Sarikamish
Battle of Shipka Pass

>favorite campaign
does the US island hopping across the Pacific count?

>favorite battle
Warsaw Uprising. In most photographs taken by the partisans, most of the soldiers are identified, where the photo was taken and the date. Its neat knowing the names of the people in a photo.

Binland here, why do you think that its particularly interesting?

killing russians is always ok Simo

Why did you betray her?

based Iraqis

1991 Gulf War.

>morally simple
>in my favorite decade of history
>technologies like VLO aircraft, PGMs, composite armor, and attack helicopters coming into their own
>finished off Vietnam syndrome
>everyone involved on my side did an absolutely superlative job
>everyone gets surprised by the low body count and short duration of the conflict

Not that guy but

>tiny country beats a massive autocracy with infinitely stronger industrial and economic backing

It gets the old America sensors tingling.

Except the Soviets actually won the conflict and gained the territory they were seeking.

>morally simple
oy vey

They won the Continuation War, didn't they?

>intolerant country with an asshole ruler invades a smaller neighbor over dubious claims
it was like 1939 again

>intolerant
nice meme, mutty.
tell me more about how Saudi Arabia is a beacon of democracy and tolerance, goy.
>asshole ruler
Saddam was based in everything else than invading Iran.
>dubious claims
Tell me the long list of legitimate claims America has over any of it's invasions, asswipe.

and don't forget about the 6 gorrilion premature babies that Saddam personally devoured alive so he could take their incubators back to Iraq!

getting that lucky twice would be a little too stupid

Your knowledge of the Eastern Front is very over-dramatic.

In truth Barbarossa was behind schedule after the first week, it was clear they'd never win the campaign by winter by August, casualties were larger than estimated for Germans all throughout, the german advance was breaking down before "general winter", and even if they took Moscow the soviet government would have just moved to samara

Germans didn't even inflict a 2:1 kill ratio on the soviets on the battlefield, they mainly killed civilians and POWs

It has to be the Six-Day-War. I hate Israel, but that was fucking cool.

Traitors like you should be hanged.

pic is an accurate depiction of you

>Israel didn't even participate in the war
>HURR JUICE

Nice try, Mehmet, but the INS will be here any day now.

fuck off ahmed

Basically the soviets had a system that meant after a division left its base within 2 weeks sufficent reservists could be called to the base and form a new divisiona, essemtially meaning they could double their number of regular divisions in just a few months. Obviously logisitical difficulties and also losing huge amounts if kand and even more huge amounts of men meant in practoce this didmt work out, but exampains where all those men came from source:inside the soviet army by whoever the fuck its by, some russian tank officer who defected in the 80s

Also

>what is mobilization

Ut was a surprise attack remember, or at least stalin was very surprised

alright goldstein, it's time for the oven.

Can you go back to /pol/ please

I can't wait until trump deports you, shitskin

And I wondered who'd be behind that post

ahh, the kike shilling dept is here.

No, bergstein.
Why are you afraid of the baddies at /pol/? did they hurt you?

go back to goatfuckistan, sand nigger

fuck off arab shitface nobody cares

Syria is ---->, go back there and kill yourself in some funny way that we can latter laugh at on liveleaks

this thread is getting out of control

...just like this digger

after you, shekelgrubber

>implying
Who told you you're not a shitskin too, goldstein? did you think for a second that you were white or something?

"""palestinians""" are so fat they're literally EATING their own land. It's why it's "shrinking"

>im white i swear
No, yahweh. You're a subhuman shitskin, too.

>None of the 3 other pics are actually pics of Jews

is this the power of /pol/ "humor"

nobody cares about your arab crying is my point. We get enough of it everyday, we're tired of taking you "people" in as refugees.

Fucking parasites destroying everything, and all you do is bitch about Jews to deflect from your own degeneracy and demand more $$$$ handouts

>bol hurts me
Maybe Veeky Forums isn't up to your speed, Netenyahoo.

imagine a world where Veeky Forums had some fucking moderators

trying to call others non-white to distract your shitskin status won't work mohammad

nice try at taqiya though

Why do you think you're different from arabs, bertha?
You're a big-nosed, semitic shitskin subhuman too.
Stop LARPing as a white.

go rape a white womenz then demand more foodstamps rashid

>insulting your own kind

is this what Taqiya is?

seriously though, why are muslims such leeches man? Why do you want to destroy civilization? Why are your own countries such shitholes

Try to answer this without shrieking about Jews

stop posting pictures of your relative, shekelstein.
it's my opinions that all shitskins, including jews, be deported as well.

>destroying civilizations
Get a hold of yourself goldstein and type more slowly

Nobody believes you're not a mudslime after the way you chimped out over somebody besmirching Saddam Hussein

Just stop the taqiya, lying goatfucker

>lying goatfucker
Pot, meet kettle

Yes, muslims destroy civilizations. They're swarming the west in a tide of rape and murder and handouts. The fact you're deflecting from it shows what a shitskin you really are

>if I keep calling the kuffars "I know you are but what am I" they'll never suspect I am a glorious fighter of Mohammad bin pedo

>but we're not goatfuckers i swear
isn't goatfucking mentioned in your shitskin code or something?

Can you honestly tell me or answer the question why do you think you're any different from other shitskins? god's chosen people or someshit? you're from the same subhuman genetic group, afterall.

>if I keep calling him a shitskin i will elevate myself into a man of white status
O V E N
V
E
N

>Trying to deflect and cover up your relations to shitskins by calling them shitskins
Not gonna work, moshe.

>im safe from being deported
Not sure where you got the bright idea you're staying by LARPing as a white, shitskin.
You're going back too.

Posting the entirety of eastern front stats instead of just barbarossa, very impressive

Distinguished historian Andrew Roberts disagrees with you.

If you think the Operation Barbarossa book is more reliable than Andrew Roberts Storm of War, then your an idiot.

Why do Wehraboos bring this point up like it means something? There was varying quality on the Soviet side too. Should we only count the good Soviet troops, and ignore the rest?

In the sense that they didn't get Warsaw Pact'd, sure. But they didn't get their clay back. In fact they lost a bit extra up north.

Kursk or Thapsus.

Kursk or Thapsus

>Most of those German allies were of low quality
haha yes, good. This is factually incorrect

>Superior force in every conceivable way decides to just walk through their enemies land and fuck up their economy.
Wow, this generalship is really hard

*front collapses*

Carrhae. For the laughs.

Hungarian divisions didn't even have anti-tank guns and had to beg for them from Germany who gave them fuck all

I realized that I probably shouldn't have so many little girl pictures saved