The world record for squat for 165 pound male is 712 lbs

The world record for squat for 165 pound male is 712 lbs

Can I do this natty

Currently 155 squatting just over 400 but im barely even casual and go to gym like once every 3 months

I feel like this is attainable because my bf is 18%, 10 more pounds and get down to 6% bf and train like every day for 2 years I think I could get my squat past 712 lbs

Or do I absolutely have to use steroids for this

None of my other lifts are impressive

Inb4 form, I have perfect form and deep squats
Inb4 manlet, I am 6 foot

You're gonna get bigger than 165 before you reach a 712 squat

Shieet user that's impressive. I don't know about setting records but you should definitely pursue getting stronger cause you definitely have some serious potential if what you said is true. Also if you're 6" you're probably going to be competing in at least 181.

You play any sports? How big are your legs?

yeah nah bullshit

those stats would be just about believable on someone who squats 3x a week and has a low body fat, not someone who is 6 foot with 18% bf. There is no way you squat 400 at 155lb with any semblance of proper form at that height and fat.
Besides, if you did what you are saying you do, you would be good enough to have sources other than Veeky Forums to ask this question to.

>manlets don't even know how much a real man weighs!

I garentee you half squat

I ride a bycicle a lot.
I just went to the gym one day and kept adding plates. Thought it was funny how people were staring at me. I dont have an ego problem. My thought is that if I decided to train often that I could be really great.
Id just like to stay around my current weight for cycling.

Deep squat, as in below knees. Form is really really easy, you know, you just do the lift a particular way and if you cant do it that exact way then you use less weight until you can. How could any one fuck up form?

This, obviously
Haha sure. Post proof.

There is a small chance that you are not bullshitting if and only if a) you go to the gym way more often than once every 3 months b) cycling has given you extremely strong legs (i.e. you don't just do it for cardio, you compete and/or do sprints. You would also likely be lying about 18% bf). If you are not lying, and you actually have depth (very very doubtful) then you have great potential to squat.

Now can you get that record? All chances point to no, but it's worth the shot anyway. What is clearly impossible is doing it in 2 years without gear.

>Currently 155 squatting just over 400 but

post video, we'll show you reasons why you're doing it wrong

>155
>6'0
>perfect form
>gym every 3 months
>~4pl8

post video evidence or gtfo kid

>18%bf at 155lbs at 6'0

lmao and you say you can squat 4pl8? i bet you can't even squat 1pl8 with good form, you have almost no muscle mass at all, 4pl8 would literally snap you in half

Leg press isn't the same as squatting

You were looking at equipped records, the non equiped ipf record for the 165 weight class is 572.

Proof is not needed because it shouldn't be hurting your egos so badly. You could just give me the answer to my question, do I need steroids for this?

My legs are strong as fuck and it probably is because of biking. I usually do about 30 miles a day because of my job and I go full speed the entire time, no cruising.

No. I assure you, the squat is not incorrect.

No I do not use leg press because it makes the discs in my back fewl like they are slipping. Squating is much more comfortable. I have asked many gym people about my form including the employees and they say I am good to go but they requested I not use as much weight. I said no to that request.

I have a weak core, my deadlift is total shit, I was wondering if I wanted to continue to progress my squat at what point should I be developing other muscles than my legs, I understand it is a combination lift.

I have never competed and really dont want to. I have bad social anxiety. I do think though, if I could get good enough I would love to get a world record for my weight on camera.

>155
>Squats 400
>6' tall

Pick 2 and only 2 pal

Yeah, like, wearing the straps right? Why is it different? Shouldn't I aim for the highest number? I haven't used straps but I realize very soon I will be in a spot where I will need to start using them.

>not posting proof

shitposter confirmed, as expected

sage and report, nothing more to do here

You can definitely beat that, just don't build any muscle in anything but your legs.

Proof is needed because you are making extraordinary claims.
At very least post a photo of your legs, or we are done here.

Then leave. Don't post in the thread if you don't have advice for my lifting. I have no reason to impress you guys I am here asking a question.

This is for you too
I wouldnt at some point need a strong core and back?

Not even close. Equipped lifting which uses wraps and suits becomes more about having extreme lockout strength, which is where the suit and wraps help less, and using the suits enough that you become good with them. Ie, just throwing on a suit won't add 200lbs to your squat but for those who have used it enough it will. There are certain groves and speeds you need to use with them.

Also I assume you don't know about cutting weight. You could easily cut 5lbs or so at your weight of water and not be negatively affected so you could let your weight be as high as 170 to hit those numbers. Others cut even more weight but it gets questionable about how much performance it will hinder and you need to use things like IV bags.

I can tell you a lot more if you're seriously interested and not a troll.

It's possible. Hell I had those same numbers and figure. The problem was that I could not keep progressing at all and my numbers stayed around the same. This may or may no happen to op though.

yes

you're gonna have to try really hard tho

you would have got advice if you had been honest and said something reasonable like

>i'm a 155 lb skinnyfat and can squat 2pl8 with good form for a 1RM, i go to the gym every 3 months and ride my bike often
>can i get 712 lb natty

with that you would get an answer to your question as 2pl8 at your weight and height is possible, although a lot of people would still think you have shit form.

It's possible, for sure. Is it possible for someone who claims to rarely squat, hits the gym once every 3 months, and has a 18% bf to boot. Very unlikely.

Possible or not, I enjoy helping people with stuff like this so at worse, I get to enjoy telling him what I've learn from competing over the years and what it took to get an american record in the USAPL. Kinda like an old guy who just enjoys telling war stories.

Postan in meme bread
Check these digits

Thank you so much for this

Fair enough. But you even said that you yourself competed, presumably taking it pretty seriously, and at your best those were your stats. Do you really think that someone gets to that level just by biking? So we can conclude that OP is either downplaying his experience, or exaggerating his ability. Or maybe he is just a good ol' troll, hard to tell these days.

A final possibility is that the staff told him his form was OK because they didn't want him to try to go lower and hurt himself. Obviously he was doing something off as they told him to use less weight.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is there is zero chance OP can get that record without gear in 2 years, a less than 1% chance he can get it with gear in 10 years, and, and an 100% chance that he is a faggot.

Wow lads I really believe this post. OP is certainly telling the truth and not making up stories.

> (You)

>Proof is not needed because it shouldn't be hurting your egos so badly. You could just give me the answer to my question, do I need steroids for this?

its not about my ego, its about yours.

seeing as you can't be bothered to post a video, and as you are asking if you have the potential to be better than anyone else that has ever attempted.

The answer, probabilistically, is no. Even with shit tonnes of gear you will never get a world record.

now fuck off.

No problem. I'll gladly help you find programs for squatting and such if you're not that familiar with the basics like smolov or sheiko or help with any other questions you have.

Or if you have questions later, go to the powerlifting general /plg/ here on Veeky Forums. A lot of them know more than me. Also PowerliftingToWin is a good youtube channel for getting started.

Me too wow wew kewl

>I have a weak core
>155lbs squatting 405
Oh you're a beltfag. I believe you can squat 405 but you're already through a large portion of your natty gains. You won't hit 600 before needing roids and you'll be over 175lbs.

I dont even know how to properly use a lifting belt

You need a real powerlifting belt like pic related. It can add a good 20-30lbs or so. But if you want to compete in the USAPL and IPF you'll have to buy their approved belts like Inzer and Titan belts.

You have two belt sizes, 10mm or 13mm. Some of the heavy weights prefer 13mm but with your build you'll want a 10mm otherwise it'll be too uncomfortable and won't work as well.

Interesting

>400lb squat
>155 bw
>6ft
>18%bf
>going to the gym once in a few months

You don't even know how to make a decent b8 yet people are still falling for it and giving you sincere answers
Interdasting...

everyone in this thread called him a faggot except for one guy

Wait what? I'm 18%bf
>6"2
>230lbs

Your stats don't add up your probably more like 5 foot