Quotes:

Post quotes from historical people that really make you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vRakfX8NQTk
jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4384-cicero-marcus-tullius
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aquinas has many I’m fond of

>beware the person of one book
>Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate
>Law: an ordinance of reason for the common good, made by him who has care of the community
>Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do
>Most men seem to live according to sense rather than reason
>if the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever
>that which we love tells us what we are

>if the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever
that's a good one

Any good works by/about Aquinas

I've been wanting to look in to the inclusion of stoic concepts in christian doctrine and how it articulates itself, and I've been told Aquinas is a good starting point

>Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Teddy Roosevelt

Coupled with your digits, really made me think

Great quote

>the fall of an autocracy is the failure of one man, the fall of a democracy is a failure of all.
I have no idea where I heard that one, though.

in bed as an old man surrounded by family reflecting upon what a great and long life you had

That about sums his mentality up nicely I think.

always loved this one

truly one for the ages

Death to the rebel scum. Sherman 4 prez.

FUCKING saved

its pretty amazing just how right he was

>Rage and sorrow are seated in my heart...so firmly that I scarce dare to stay alive. It seems that God wishes to support the Turks to our loss...ah, lord God...alas, the realm of the East has lost so much that it will never be able to rise up again. They will make a Mosque of Holy Mary's convent, and since the theft pleases her Son, who should weep at this, we are forced to comply as well...Anyone who wishes to fight the Turks is mad, for Jesus Christ does not fight them any more. They have conquered, they will conquer. For every day they drive us down, knowing that God, who was awake, sleeps now, and Muhammad waxes powerful.

t. Templar knight who fought in the Seventh Crusade

>really make you think
"Why you send all the niggers to me, when Israel's standin' there?" -Mr. Bond
youtube.com/watch?v=vRakfX8NQTk

The quints have spoken

mans kind of a mystery - such cynicism such practicality - but for what reason? seems there are no ideals and even nothing to himself his life was no extravagance - did he just want power for powers sake

WUZ

This sounds like a fake quote

Based Cicero Working the Judeans into a Shoot

Literally a fake quote.

jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4384-cicero-marcus-tullius

ok shlomo