I need to get a 12 in the beep test to join the army...

i need to get a 12 in the beep test to join the army. ive got 6 months to train the test twice a week but i have exercise induced asthma and can only make it to 9. am i gonna make it bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aftiZ6JDCGU
topendsports.com/testing/records/vo2max.htm
reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/42xy59/the_fitnessgram_pacer_test/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>exercise induced asthma
>Joining the army
You're fucking dead, kiddo.

bump

i still notice im progressing its just if i push to my limit i start getting weezy n shit

First you should work on building your work capacity up to the distance you need to cover. Jog what you can, walk when you're tired. If you're not progressing, take a day off. Once you can do that every day or two then have one distance day and another day of 20 metre sprints.

12?
12?!?!?
I got 144. Are you joking user? 12 isn't even half of the warmup

Does that mean you ran from cone to cone 144 times before tiring?

yes. ive seen kids with asthma get over 30. you can do it.. I only stopped at 144 because I already beat the total I needed to pass..

youtube.com/watch?v=aftiZ6JDCGU
Is this what you did?

yes, that's exactly it. It's also referred as a "pacer test" from where I'm from. Have you done it before? It's incredibly fucking easy. I did over a hundred with two jackets on because I was too embarrassed to take them off an show my pit stains. Stupid story, but just shows it was really doable

this guy is cheating though. He takes off and starts to run before the beep sounds. If you get to the end early, you have to stop. You can only start running again after the beep sounds

yeah he is haha.. i remember all the other faggots i used to run with did this too.. i was really the only one who waited for the beep baka

OP... If you can't do 9 laps.... That's fucking walking...

Unless it's 9 levels. Which is still trash.

Reaching 21 at the leger or beep test means your vO2 max is around 84 ml/min/kg.
This places you in the same tier as an olympic 1500 world champion, a mile WR holder, a World cross country champion, and 7 times tour de france winner and professional perfromance enhancement user Lance armstrong.
topendsports.com/testing/records/vo2max.htm

BUT user AIN'T GOT NO TIME FOR NO 21 SCORE, user REACHES 144 EASY. IN A JACKET LIKE HE'S DOING IT CASUAL.

ahahaha You fucking imbecile. You and your e-stats, get the fuck out.

He probably uses a different measuring system, like metric v. american freedom units

measurement systems are irrelevant when talking about stages or levels though.

What i'm guessing is that he read the OP score as 9 and thought "I'm at least 10 times better" then some user posted a video of some people running around cones and he thought "pfff that is easy mode I bet I can do that hundreds of times"

I'm convinced 80 percent of the metrics posted here are wildly "enhanced".
height, plates, dick size, time lifting, bf etc...

Well this is the internet after all but claiming 144 at the leger test is like saying I can run the 100m in 4.3 seconds. huh?

That guy wasn't talking about stages though. He mean that he ran back and forth 144 times. It probably corresponds to a stage in the mid teens

It's possibly that he means this pacer test lap number
* ding*
> run a lap
* ding 2*
> run a lap
*ding 3*
> run a lap

and he got to 144 laps

Some of the redditors are saying they remember their friends getting to 120 or 140, and one said a kid got to 190 and then collapsed

reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/42xy59/the_fitnessgram_pacer_test/

I think the issue is confusion with levels vs. beeps.

When I did the beep test in high school, we didn't get "levels", we did it to beeps getting increasingly fast. So I got 30 beeps for example, and the text went up to 120 beeps (I was a slow kid)

Do you use an inhaler before you run?

But OP clearly said he wanted to jump from 9 to 12.
Anyone who isn't a complete troglodite would understand that user running 9 times 20 meters, barely 200 meters aiming for 12 times 20 meters isn't much of a fitness test.

You don't train for 6 months to improve your endurance by 60 meters. It is CLEAR that 9 or 12 stands for something else than mere laps.

Can you guys stop making excuses for a completely retarded user or a huge liar?
Also, who the fuck takes the beep test and compares beeps? It is pretty clear in the literature or by coach or institutions requiring a certain score than the plateaus count, not the fucking beeps.

> the beep test
the fuck is that?

>google
the fuck is that?

nah not since i was 8 years old. 22 now i dont really notice it impacting me at all just that the doctors told me i have it.

But you implied in the OP that the exercise induced asthma was preventing you from going above 9 on the beep test. So what is happening to you that you can't make it past 9? Can't breathe or something else gives out first?

OP here. it aint a 200m jog as it goes up, you will be sprinting eventually.

ive never taken cardio seriously until i considered joining the army this year. i only do weights at the gym on a casual basis so its understandable that my runnings shite

fuck off faggot, I'm in the military, the only one that matters at least, and this isnt a thing

Not saying this to put you down, bro, but maybe you're not fit for military service then. I don't know where you're from, but in most countries they screen for health issues and asthma (in all but the most benign cases) is an automatic fail.

dude im 15 and I get 11

Get the fuck out you little shit.

i got 11 when i was in high school, but i was a real skinny fuck, like 120 at 6foot and on the xcountry and track teams.

now that i weigh 60 pounds heavier i dont think i could do that good, i used to run everyday

Okay listen.

I have done this numerous times and 12 should be achieveble for any male, even someone with asthma.

First you need to realize that you can get a high number on sheer willpower. You can always run a little extra, push your self to the limit, keep doing it until you are drained of energy. This will only take you so far.

The technique is to relax. On the firs easy shuttles, don't run yourself down. Always hit your last stride on the beep.This will get harder as the beep frequency increase, but plant your final step on the line as the beep comes. This will ensure you are going at the right pace.

Next is to use both your left and right leg to plant. On one end, you plant right leg, on the other end you plant the left leg. This will ensure your legs are as fresh as possible. If you always accelerate or plant the same leg, it will simply tire out.

Remeber to always accelerate in the beginning. This is the hardest part cause you have to reverse the movement. Stopping and running again is effing hard, but you slow down, you are going to tire out. ALWAYS try to get back on the running track asap. Movement is key and when you stop, it will get inifinitely harder to start moving again. Keep moving and have a strong push off on the first strides to get your speed back. Remember to still plant your foot at the BEEP though.

Set yourself a goal. If you are running against someone, talk some trash, this will get your competitive juices up. Just remember to back it up though.

And please don't cheat. But if everybody is cheating, don't be the only one with a conscience. Hope this helps.