GTX 1070 or 1080 ti for mining...

GTX 1070 or 1080 ti for mining, im going to buy 4 cards and somewhere i read 1080 ti is 32Mh/s eth and other places 39 Mh/s. Anyone here that acually owns wanna share some info?

Unless you have a time machine, you're better off just investing it

I don't know but I make about 300 MAGA/day with my 1gb GTX 750

Checked

Also free electricity bretty important. He can try minning Bonero or ETH tho but I guess he'll still be mining with -40% profit

in what, everything is up?

>buy cheap hashrate
>make sure you have a margin of safety by being aware of the GPU industry & future releases
>find a way to get free/cheap electricity
Profit

It's not that hard, I've 4Xed by money this year alone and I was late to ETH.

where i live electricity is 0.14$ in the day and 0.10$ after 11pm i think thats pretty cheap. How much are you paying and what setup are you running if you dont mind telling.

1080ti draws way too much power for its hashrate. Just get 1070s or 1060s.

Mine zencash over Zcash or Ethereum and get the TI

thanks guys also what do you think of the rx 470 almost the same mh/s but 3 times cheaper here

Yup get the 470/480 if you can, they're better, cheaper price. Thought the 1070 has the least power consumption but cost way more still. Mine Ethereum with them, or you can mine stuff like KMD, UBQ or Decred, these guys have room to grow but its a gamble. You mine these has less profit but if in the next year they do something like double or more in price you'd be making more money than you'd relized, yet again a gamble if you think they'll increase in price. UBQ has the same hashrate since its an Ethereum Fork so it uses Eth hash algorithm. Also I would mine Monero with your CPU, just to get its use out of it even if its a dual core low clock speed cpu.

Also try to get the cards with samsung or Hynix memory since you'll have much better hashrates, the sapphire and MSI cards usually have them. I would get 4 rigs with 8 GPUs in each, one for KMD, UBQ, Decred and Ethereum and have their cpu mine XMR

Thank you so much for the info

lmfao why are people in this thread telling this dude to buy 1070 rigs??? YOU WILL NEVER MAKE ROI DONT DO IT. you'll lose money on electricity in the next 4 months and even if you manage to stay profitable you won't make anywhere near roi before your card is junk

I didn't lol, I recommended the 470/480 you tard oh btw these cards cost about $200 less so the ROI isn't bad, there's a reason why miners are still buying them. ALSO the AMD Vega cards have the best hashrates but mroe expensive, yet again miners are buying these shit until their out of stock

>Why not hook up a bunch of solar panels and pull mining energy from the goddamn sun?

I live in AZ, though.

I mine with both.. I wouldn't mine Ethash with nVidia cards because of the DDR5, AMD performs far better because of its memory when mining this algorithm..

If you're going to ignore my previous statement then go with the 1070's, cheaper and faster ROI.. Unless you plan on investing into more equipment down the road and have limited space, then go with the 1080ti's. I have about ~500 of these rigs of AMD and nVidia builds.

Thanks for the info man, I have a question why do people choose to run nVidia 1080ti s if the amd ones perform almost as well for half or third of the price? Also what do you mine with the nVidia cards right now?

I just checked the prices and one rx 470 is 342$ and rx 570 is 390$ where I live, which is pretty cheap and nvidia 1070 is 530$ there doesnt seem to be a clear choice.

Nigger I pay 0.04 US a day and my gov can finance a subsidized $2k panel kit thus loering it to 0.008 US , send me your GPU's and I will make you get tits and vegana :^)

lol where do you live

You burger cucks pay up to 80 times of my tipical electrical consumption with your memecards hahahahha it's so funny how cucked the electricity goyim is in USA
>t. NRG rep :^)

Refer to this picture

:^)

Used old 3d printer parts. Planning on getting a 12 gpu mining motherboard and expanding soon.
Mining Zcash for long term HODL.

Always wondered if those extra fans you put on there is nessessary, how much degree's does it reduce your gpus by?

the nVidias perform better on aglo's that require core speed over memory, like the Equihash, Hush, Lyra, Skunk, etc. 1080ti

they were hitting 70, 72C. After adding the fans they stay 64C. Staying cool is key for long life. If they die, my ROI will be shit! This also prevents high air conditioning elec cost.

>rx470 $342
>cheap

You gotta be fucking kidding me. I can get 570's 270 a pop BNIB

>hur just buy a prebuilt and harvest its card

listen, i made many bad decisions in my life

but buying 4x 1080ti, then 1 month later not having the $ to put on link and WTC when they were at the lowest is the biggest fail.

put your money on BTC and trade, fuck mining its slow as fuck for real money

True, though I'm planning on building multiple rigs to mine seperate coins of my choosing for fun as a hobby once I make loads on crypto

yes if you got shitloads of $ then mining can work

ROI for 1080ti is aprox 10 months. If you speculate with your earnings you can halve that time.

Still better to put all that $ in a promising coin. Fuck id have like $80000 if i put it all in WTC instead of mining, when wtc was less than 1 dollar

so in a nutshell

slow, safe, steady and boring earnings: mining

fast, risky huge gains: trade shitcoins