Friend thinks working different body parts every day of the week works

>Friend thinks working different body parts every day of the week works
>Leg day, arm day, chest day, etc.
>I disagree

What do you think Veeky Forums?

Pic unrelated: is a faggot

bro-splits (what your friend does) will work but are not as efficient as training each muscle group 2-3x a week, because protein synthesis (i.e. gaining new muscle) only occurs for up to 48h after a workout.

Of course it works, just as hitting them all in one day works. Sure, if you compared them under the exact same conditions, one may prove more effective than the other (splits probably works better), but there's so many other damn factors you should worry about first, like: what are you eating, are you consistent with your schedule, are you actually pushing yourself, etc.

It does work, just not as well as full body routines.

sextuples confirm

full body > brosplits

Consistency works.

Your routine doesn't really matter as long as you have some form of progressive overload (more weight or more reps or more sets or less rest).

SPLIT FAGS BTFO

Well muscle groups need rest, some take longer so its wise not to train them every day. like legs for example.

I've been doing it for 4 years and I'm bigger than you will ever be.

CHECK'D

Good post

Good pic

Good sextuples

>elbows flared
>no shoulder external rotation
>poor bar path
Does she even lift?

I'm currently doing phat cuz I can't squat n stuff due to injury , which is essentially a split like that
Upper, lower, back/shoulders, legs, chest/arms

I've gotten stronger and bigger so just eat and it'll work

But I wanna start km Glenn Pendlays super total progrAm since I'm working on getting it fixed

Have you seen her squats tho?

>Ywn be klokovs daughter

ikft ;;

I've been going with some m8s and doing a split. They're big from lifting 2/3 years on this routine but I wonder if I'd be better doing SL as a beginner (1 month lifting)

I know muscles need rest to regrow but how long should one rest? I been working out every 2 days is that enough time to recover?

Trappy since you're here can I get your opinion on this routine?

Monday:
Squat 3x5-5
Bench 3x5-6
Pull Ups 2x6-10

Tuesday:
Snatch 5x2
Clean & Jerk 5x2+1

Thursday:
Front Squat 3x5-6
Press 3x5-6
Chin Ups 2x6-10

Friday:
Snatch 6x2
Clean & Jerk 6x2+1

I'd swap oly and str days, and depending on how far along you are with oly (judging by this routine: beginner) you might want to think about what classic you are giving more attention on oly days. If beginner, just doing both lifts is fine.

apply progressive overload

have good form

hit each muscle group 3 times a week(legs, back, chest, arms etc)

maintain positive nitrogen balance

get enough rest to allow growth(sleep)

brosplits are fine, but you have to make sure youre being efficient with youre time in the gym, you need to hit chest after a few days because that muscle will stop growing and its not doing anything

full bodies are good because you do each muscle group each time and grow at the same pace. thats not to say brospltis cant work, they do

Looks ok for someone starting out, but you might wanna add more stuff for the classics. Clean/Snatch pulls are important, and balances/drops/klokov drops/paused/etcetc are also good for developing technique.

And don't worry too much about doing all 6 or 5 sets with your max. Vary the weight accordingly, good technique is more important at this point. If you hit a max set and do the rest with lighter weights, that's good enough.

But yeah that's a good beginner template to start with.

yes

I agree with ; swap Oly/Strength days. You have less volume on those two so would likely have more
recovery for the next day. Would also be better rested for technique heavy Oly lifts if doing them after a rest (Sunday
/Wednesday). Aside from that, do Bench first on Monday then Squat and Pull Ups (more recover for upperbody before
jumping into another upperbody exercise).

Lastly, current Friday has more volume than current Tuesday. You might want to swap current Thursday with current
Monday because those lifts will carry over substantially more to Oly so you'll want more energy to do them. Basically:

Current Monday --> Friday
Current Tuesday --> Monday

Current Thursday --> Tuesday
Current Friday --> Thursday

I was going to keep it v light while I got My squats and presses up and jumping into an Olympic focused program once I could snatch 95lbs and clean and jerk 135lbs with perfect form, the added sets on Friday are just form reinforcement tbqh, I wanted to regain strength in standard lifts while still working on classics

DIGITS

>ywn never be shot out of klokov's penis into a vagina

god damnit gotta change to full body now.

Goddamn what a qt daughter

Full body routines never have you working out every day newfag. Please go read the sticky and stop talking like you even have an idea of what you're talking about.

I never made any gains doing full body plans at all. I started doing a bro split witb my coworker who has more expirience lifting than me (pretty jacked dude) and i made gains. He said it doesnt matter the program as long as you hit important muscle groups, change it up and increase the intensity. Ive made gains now

>I never made any gains doing full body plans at all
Literally how? Did you just not bother eating?

fuk you guys im doin bro splits and it work(for now)

Just switch to PPL. Basically the same shit except better.