Why are you still drinking aspartame, Veeky Forums?

Why are you still drinking aspartame, Veeky Forums?
>Clinically proven to cause migraines
>Clinically proven to dull your ability to focus mentally
>Clinically proven to damage brain cells and nerve endings within the brain
>Dulls your sense of taste
>Actually increases your hunger, making it harder to lose weight
>Can contribute to bone loss/encourage osteoporosis
>Hampers your efforts to change your eating habits and make better dietary choices
>Increases your risk of diabetes
>Increase your tendency to store calories as bodyfat
>Can actually damage your kidneys

prevention.com/health/effects-of-diet-soda

Time for you to admit it: Diet sodas are BAD for you. Stop drinking them or you will NEVER make it.

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/faq/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So thats why I had throbbing headaches after switching to diet soda.
FUCK.
WHY CANT I JUST ENJOY A NICE COLD CARBONATED BEVERAGE WITH MY FUCKING BURGER REEEE

>tfw that one atrifical sweetner breaks down into chlorine
>people think its ok to drink a dozen diet sodas a day

There are a couple companies that make sodas sweetened with Stevia. Stevia has no side effects. Look for them. Or just wean yourself off sodas all the time and drink based WATER instead, save the sodas for a treat.

Is carbonated water ok then you bad news bear? Giving up on other shitty foods and smokes was easy but the liquid jew is so fucking good.

It's better for you than shitty aspartame

All of these are false, there is no genuine scientific research that shows any of it to be true but many studies that show them to be false.
"Aspartame" isn't a big evil sneaky "artificial chemical" created by the man to keep you down, it's a present in many "all-natural" foods as well.
Do some goddamn research.

I drink like 2-3 cups of diet coke a week. Is that a fine amount or should I just stop. It helps with the sugar cravings and I haven't noticed any of the side effects posted.

I only drink transparent things, such as:
>water
>vodka
>tequila
and white things such as
>cockroach juice
>human semen
>cow titty juice

cups of diet coke?

Stop believing credulous idiots like OP. Anti-aspartame is like anti-vaccinations. It's absurdity and non-science bundled into a baby-sized cult.

Literally none of those are clinically proven

>diet coke
>coke zero

why is there 2 different

why can coke have a light version like pepsi next

>WHY CANT I JUST ENJOY A NICE COLD CARBONATED BEVERAGE WITH MY FUCKING BURGER REEEE

You can.

'Denial' ain't just a river in Egypt, boys. Stop denying facts with your fake, soda-industry-funded 'studies': aspartame is bad for you, always has been, and now the truth is coming out.

Do you do this kind of idiotic trolling just because you know you'll catch so many gullible idiots?
Or are you actually a "believer" in your unscientific nonsense?

meant to

He said "nice"
Beer tastes horrible

Your brain is obviously suffering the effects of long-term aspartame usage, because if you read the article, there is plenty of research to indicate aspartame is bad for you. Which is 100% in line with the experiences of hundreds of thousands of people over the decades since aspartame's introduction. Stop spreading your lies, it's unhealthy, there are better alternatives, and it's time for aspartame to go away. NOTHING you can say will change my mind, OR the facts.

>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>Hampers your efforts to change your eating habits and make better dietary choices
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
there. now get the fuck out of my board.

I don't buy into the whole "aspartame is evil and causes Alzheimer!" thing but whenever I eat something with aspartame, like sweetener, my stomach gets cramps and I get an headache.

Took me a while to realize the problem. So I avoid thing with aspartame.

My personal experience is my personal experience. If others feel no side-effects from aspartame, good for them.

They are all claims.

>he can't read the article provided

Yep. And the faggot trolls of Veeky Forums would have you guzzle the shit and tell you you're imagining it.

>kicked soda nearly completely
>still add sweetener and creamer to my coffee

>people that kick soda
>still drink all kinds of juice and Gatorade

but its JUICE its supposed to be healthy idiot

I can change to coca cola with stevia, but damn, aspartame, fenilananin and splenda have made enjoiable to drink a whole variety of delicious sodas like dr pepper, sprite and others...

You can have your sugary sodas and fuck up your health, or you can have your health. Your choice.

Every soda machine has a "soda" knob, like the water knob, tucked into one of the soda dispensers- usually the Sprite. Just drink soda water, it's delicious.

That's a nice click bait article you got there sempai

Did the sugar industry send you after the nutritional label change announcement?

>more denial

>>Dulls your sense of taste
shiet that might explain why mine has been weaker for a couple years now

still think it's all worth it for Pepsi Max

examine.com/faq/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/

"There are no studies that indicate any long-term health risks from drinking diet soda. Diet Soda (defined as calorie free carbonated beverages sweetened with aspartame, sucralose, acesulfame-potassium, or other non-caloric or minimally caloric sweeteners) is not harmful to health, well-being, or body composition.[1]

There is no evidence that diet soda inhibits fat loss, or that it even spikes insulin levels to levels that would be detrimental to health.

Current research that attempts to link diet soda with health issues[2][3] did not have equal caloric consumption."

Quit being a dumbass.

Fatties don't know sucralose has to be added with glucose into drinks. Those 0 cal drinks are more like 4.999 cal per serving.

literally gayer than OP

what are you even saying

stop pretending to know what youre talking about

The only reason not to drink diet soda, or any soda for that matter, is because it fucks with your teeth. How you meant to pick up qt3.14's when you have a shit smile?

>paid shill for the soda industry
How much are they paying you, faggot?

Diet soda is clearly and objectively bad for you, the evidence is everywhere. Quit trying to mislead people with your lies.

Nigga I'm gay and that shit's retarded

there are no citations in your article dumb shit. it's just shit like "a study published by diabetes care says..." without any references.

charisma..

[CITATION NEEED]

All of your 'studies' are funded by the soda industry and as such are to be disregarded as horrbily biased. How much are they paying you to shill for them?

[CITATIONS, CITATIONS EVERYWHERE]
I don't have time to lead you around by the hand, little boy. Do your own goddamned research.

Dubs don't lie.

PRAISE KEK.

Underage spotted

Well fucking news flash amigo just about every thing on the face of this godly earth can and will kill you or be detrimental to you in some form. The ill affects in the long term are likely negligible compared to the benefit of reducing huge amounts of sugar in the diet.
Also personally when I occasionally have a soda I just go for the real deal, I don't see the need to pussy foot around when I'm cutting loose and having a treat.

Same, senpai. As long as you plan your caloric budget around it, it's not even that big of a deal.

It only takes a tiny amount of the poison called ricin to kill you and nothing will save you from it. Why risk your long-term health for a fucking soda? DRINK WATER, NIGGERS, and leave the chemical crap alone -- or drink a real sugar soda as a treat. You morons guzzling aspartame-laden shit are just fucking stupid. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that some shit made in a lab probably isn't going to be good for you compared to something that grew naturally and is actual foodstuffs, especially when so many people have the problems OP's article says it causes. How much more in denial can some of you be? Or do some of you have a deathwish?

ok bud i'm going to keep drinking diet soda and not experience any adverse health effects, like all current scientific evidence suggests

hope that doesn't trigger you too much

>and not experience any adverse health effects THAT I'M AWARE OF, NOT KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE
FTFY, idiot.

You know, you could bang some hot club slut this weekend, right? And 10 years down the road, when you develop full-blown AIDS, you'll wonder where you got it from. Same with aspartame; you might feel just fine now. 10 years from now, you'll wonder how it is that you've got glioblastoma brain cancer and are going to die. But sure, go guzzle your diet sodas. I don't know you and really DGAF if you kill yourself or not.

Oh, and you can trigger my cock into your mouth, faggot. I'm no goddamned SJW, I'm just trying to keep Veeky Forumsizens from poisoning themselves, unlike some of you.

This user is correct. Disregard rest of thread.

Def can confirm that shit causes migraines.

I don't know why people like you even try to help these aspartame lovers. You can't help them because they will believe what they want to believe regardless of citation (consider how many times you've seen someone reply with "x isn't a credible source").

Let them drink their diet sodas, and if they stay healthy and smart, good for them, but if they die like dumb dogs to diabetes and such, that's even better.

Out of a 2l bottle and pouring roughly a cup of it into a glass. Are you retarded?

Provide proof. One peer reviewed journal article.

Sorry, I couldn't find any peer-reviewed articles on how your brain is obviously defective. XD Guess everyone will just have to accept the evidence of their own eyes, as you're very obviously retarded. XD Please do submit yourself to an 'institution' for study, though, peer-reviewed or not. XD XD XD

water is so fucking satisfying.
i don't know why i ever enjoyed soda

hur dur i pretend that beer tastes good so i can be cool

am i cool yet guys?

i saw a documentary where Jay Cutler said he drank like 2-3 gallons of diet sunny d with aspartame every day or something like that

hes not dead so im gonna just assume its safe

Yeah except they taste like shit such that you might as well just drink water
I always end up opening one and dumping 3/4 down the sink.

switched to unsweetened green tea

is aspartame in red bull? i have a red bull every once in awhile

>has never had a decent beer
You probably don't like coffee, either, unless it's drowned in sugar and cream or worse, flavorings.

Remember back when people said that cigarettes didn't cause cancer, and everyone smoked them?
:)

Yeah and vaccines cause autism.

We have done our own research. There are no peer reviewed academic or scientific studies that claim aspartame has negative health effects. Every article that talks shot about aspartame is a soccer mom blog.

>Every article that talks shot about aspartame is a soccer mom blog.
Yeah sure except for the NATIONAL PRINT PUBLICATION the OP linked to, that discusses research being done AND the DOCUMENTED negative effects of aspartame usage. They'd be sued if they were lying. All your 'studies' to the contrary are bought and paid for by the companies that produce aspartame and the soda industry.

How much are they paying you, faggot shill? Is it by the month or by the post? You make a nice living off of convincing people that poison isn't poison?

How fucking retarded do you have to be to drink diet soda in the first place?

If I want to drink something bad for me that ISN'T alcoholic, I'd prefer it not to taste like rancid hobo piss.

Put the article in a pastebin. I'm not clicking your click bait url.

>finds any lame ass excuse to avoid the truth
Enjoy being an ignorant ass

There are links to other things in that article, which by the way is from a nationally-published print magazine, IT IS NOT CLICKBAIT YOU IGNORANT FUCK, and I'm sure as fuck not going to sit here for the next two hours manually pasting a bunch of goddamned fucking links just because you're a lazy fuck, READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE YOU MONGOLOID

The only studies i could find giving any proof to your articles claim were from way before 1987...
Im not saying there is proof for either claims but seriously, we still need source

I don't understand how you people get used to drinking soda (diet or regular, doesn't matter) everyday. Parents who give their children soda instead of water have terrible parenting skills.

In my culture, soda is something you drink on someone's birthday or party. Maybe once a month. And no one is going to drink diet soda because what is the point? It's like having a fat free cheese pizza for your cheat meal.

>nationally-published print magazine,
Not the same guy
But its still a fucking MAGAZINE
its litterally full of "How to lose weight in XX days" crap!
There is very little scientific proof to be found there and just because they say its true doesnt mean it IS true

>tfw enjoy coffee but alcohol disgusts me
I even tried champagne and it made me retch.

> nationally published print magazine

You keep saying that but it doesnt make your source any less suspect. US Magazine is a national publication and it's full of bullshit. Ifor you refuse to put it in a paste in you are most likely shilling for clicks.

I was drinking 2l cola a day before i got Veeky Forums with 16. Thats normal here, most normies drink fruit juice cuz muh healthy fruits or ice tea the whole time, and thats a really dangerous trend. The biggest problem is the fruit juice, they basically advise it to parents as a healthy drink for kids, i get really mad whenever i see that. Took some time till my parents realized how bad all these drinks are

Ducking auto correct goddamn

I like most alcohol on the right occasion but champagne and bubbly wines have always been nasty to me. I really don't know why it's considered a drink for happy occasions and high class socialite women

The opposite has been studied and shown to be true
No it hasn't
No it hasn't
Like every food it subtly alters your gut bacteria to prefer it and thus (indirectly) want to consume more of it. This is true of vegetables and salt and everything else.
No it doesn't. Links to candida overgrowth have been selected as this years meme and have been shown to be mostly bullshit
That's the phosphoric acid, not sweetners, and only at extreme doses (several litres per day) over a long period of time
Makes no sense
No it doesn't. It also helps deal with insulin spikes traditionally seen in type 1 and 2 diabetes compared with sugar sweetened soft drinks, but that's obvious
No it doesn't, otherwise it'd be a magic pill for survival and extreme sports
No it doesn't

Granulated/treated stevia is on par with other sweeteners in terms of health, essentially making them comparable to sugar alcohols. Naturally boiled stevia leaves or unprocessed stevia actually benefits your health.
tl;dr make your own stevia

Sweeteners are fine, carbonated water is mildly acidic, but not enough to worry about unless you're drinking ridiculous amounts or doing something stupid

No it isn't

You should probably stop drinking soda out of a cup because that's weird. Otherwise you're perfectly fine.

Diet coke was brought out a few decades ago as part of a marketing campaign targeted at women...

..These days the health/fitness/weight loss markets are big enough that Coke Zero was developed with a more modern taste and marketed primarily for men. It's the new/male diet coke

>why can coke have a light version like pepsi next
They have several zero cal brands and a couple caffeine free ones

Again, probably the phosphoric acid from carbonation

While it's true that you can list I'm scared of imaginary health problems that evidence shows doesn't exist and you should be too.
>Triggered about being told not to get triggered
Top kek

I can't tell whether you're a 12 year old or a poorly adjusted troll

>80% of the planet is wrong about taste and I'm the special snowflake
You don't like beer, we get it, stop pretending you're somehow right or unique.

Acesulfame K and Aspartame, both proven clinically safe hundreds of times

I remember when the tobacco industry marketed cigarettes as healthy. Fundamental difference.

Companies who make news from writing about stuff are more trustworthy than the medical and scientific communities using evidence and study

OP is intentionally ignoring the evidence and pasting things that agree with his made up belief. Nothing new here.

The worst part is that there are sweeteners which are genuinely bad for you and have been banned in most countries, but OP is singling out the single most studied and one of the safest available.

Blows my mind how ignorant some people chose to be.

Stop, he's already dead.

AIDF pls go

Im 6'/180
>Drink 6-12 cans of Pepsi Max a day
>own perfectly white teeth
>have a six pack
>bench 275x3
>graduate as a master of science in technology (?)
>according to Mensa tests IQ 128
I dont believe you, OP

ok but every health organisation in the world agrees its safe and has no real proven harmful effects.

so i think ill just keep drinking it

thanks.

Good show and thank you. Thank you very very much.

kek they don't even source half the claims

>And a 2013 animal study found that rats that drank diet soda had damaged cells and nerve endings in the cerebellum—the part of the brain responsible for motor skills.

>>durr guise it's >Clinically proven to damage brain cells and nerve endings within the brain

also, RATS
UNSPECIFIED AMOUNT
UNSPECIFIED SWEETENER

fuck off

>While you may have started drinking diet soda to facilitate weight loss, quitting it may actually do the trick. A recent 9-year study found older adults who drank diet soda continued to pack on belly fat.

unlike all the other older adults in america? also, no counfounding variables here right? can't be that the adults who feel the need to drink a soda replacement were big eaters in the first place?

>Now that your body no longer has to make sense of the unpronounceable ingredients in diet soda, your kidneys can get back to clearing toxins, stabilizing blood pressure, and absorbing minerals. One study looked at 11 years of data and found that women who drank 2 or more servings of diet soda doubled their chances of declining kidney function.

actually none of these seem to establish causality lmao

N O T S C I E N C E
O
T

S
C
I
E
N
C
E

> lipid hypotesis

I S S C I E N C E

BUT IL REJECT IT CUS MMM BAKON

More than the whole dispute, I'm astounded by how strongly people feel about this shit.

I mean seriously, who cares. Unless you drink two cans of soda every single day, no matter what the results of these studies are they will be irrelevant to you.

You could eat literally poison and it would do absolutely jackshit if you did so in moderation and the rest of your diet was good.

Nothing kills my cravings like pepsi max, worth the kiney failure imo

I thank God everyday for being able to put down, alcohol, tobacco, and soda. Been living this way for years, feels great.

if you can't drink the real deal you should just stick to water

>thinking an article with no citations of actual scientific research is credible

retake english 101 faggot

Diet coke is based on new coke
Coke zero is just regular old coke without sugar

I think i will limit the amount of zero beverages per week. That's all i got from all this thread.

please provide studies on a reputable site such as pubmed, please CITE the results found from the abstract and LINK them

we used to laugh at faggots like you when Veeky Forums still had people who still were able to distinguish academic research from witchcraft conspiracy theories

Oh look another shill in the pay of the soda/aspartame industry. Please, tell us how much you get paid? Is it by the post, or by the word? I'm curious as to the pay structure. Or do they pay in you diet soda? XD

You're as bad as the Vegans. You're ingesting chemical crap that has been proven over and over again to have negative neurological effects, your brain isn't working correctly just like Vegan brains don't work correctly due to amino acid deficiencies. Yet you cling desperately to the poisons that are ruining you.

LOL, not sure why I care. The intelligent Veeky Forumsizens are staying away from diet sodas, and are benefitting thereby. Meanwhile people like you are ruining yourselves and are in denial. Guess I'll have to call it 'evolution in action'. Enjoy your migraines and irreversible neurological damage! They're all you'll have.

We're all going to get cancer from the environment, what does it matter? Its clinically proven the food supply is fucked. Fish all contain mercury & land meats all contain hormones & antibiotics. Might as well enjoy life while it lasts.

With that attitude, why not just eat a bullet right now and be done with it? Will be less painful and quicker than dying from cancer. Or you can stop being a fatalistic faggot and actually plan on taking proper care of yourself.