What made the Yayoi so successful? Was it only the rice farming?

What made the Yayoi so successful? Was it only the rice farming?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-net.ne.jp/~keally/yayoi.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rice krispies.

>Blue eyes
Is this anime or what?

iron and trade

They had superior techs and cultures brought form today's China/Korea. They're basically descendants of Sinic people from China.

The gay sex?

Chinese genes are superior

[citation needed]

やおい =/= 弥生

He is right you know

the Jomon people,proto Japanese that occupied the island before the migration of the more Sino-like Yayoi and eventually were pushed north like the Ainu, had more Eurasian features like hairiness. They often get categorized with ainu actually.

basically. Having acess to large amounts of food(a.k.a energy) in a shorter amount of time tends to increase your population tenfold and make your a stronger force

that's not a citation. It only depicts an occurance.

wtf is a superior culture?
Anyway you're right about the bronze and iron in conjunction with rice farming.

>wtf is a superior culture?
I would assume it's the one that survives longer.

Sounds like a limiting metric to set in an attempt to define culture but sure thing I guess.

So by your reckoning all cultures are equal?

Kind of. I won't get into that argument with you, but think for a second, by saying the culure that last the longest is more supeior, you have already shot your own beliefs in the foot. There are obscure societies/culures that have been around as long as China if not longer.
But by your own metric they would be supeior to most if not everything else.

Yep, Ainu and, to a lesser extent, Ryukyuans, didn't get as RICED as the other native Japanese. Ainu are actually "evolved" Jomon.
I don't remember where I read it but when the Yayoi came from southwest and dominated/mixed with the natives, a part of the Jomon was driven further north by the advance of the rice warrior. There were people in Hokkaido, Sakhalin and Kuril, but more Jomon went there because of the Yayoi. Then they were left alone for some time and became Ainu until the Matsumae turned their eyes towards Ezo.

superior*
culture*
sorry for the typos.

You seem quite knowledgeable. What is your take on the Emishi? I always wanted to know this. We're they also a class of Jomon that were eventually pushed back by the Yayoi and later became Ainu/married into them? Or were they just exterminated as a people?

That's funny considering Ryukyuans cluster very closely with Koreans

Don't underestimate the power of agricuture. They were able to produce a lot more food thus support a bigger population then the jomon hunter gatherers.

The lifestyle sucked though.

The jomon were sucessful for hunter gatherers though, about 50 percent of y haplogrous are jomon dervived. Considering that they did not have rice farming they did quite well.

Contrast this to africa where Bantu agriculturalists totally replaced the hunter gatherers without much trace.

The picture is supposed to show how Chinese came to dominate all of East Asia and IndoChina which is contributed to their genetic superiority.
Japan was basically a neolithic shithole to about 300bc t-net.ne.jp/~keally/yayoi.html
ffs even Taiwan and Borneo developed agriculture before Japan and Korea in 3000bc, Korea first with the introduction of bronze weapons in 1500bc and iron weapons in Japan in 600bc [Ian Morris, Why The West Rulers - For Now pp 128-129]

My jam is Ainu, user. I'd like to know more about the Emishi as well. All I know is that they were post-Jomon, too and that they sometimes wiped the floor with the Yamato.
Oh, and they were RICED along with the majority of Jomon. Some people nowadays can trace their ancestry to the Emishi, like that guy whose name I forgot. Toshiro Mifune, I guess.

Do they? Enlighten us.

The Nordic man presence in East Asia is confirmed. The supreme warriors improved Chinese civilizations, teaching inferior mongoloids their technology, and perhaps even culture.

Found this

>The Emishi were composed of two main populations, the Jōmon Ainoid who were the majority and a smaller group the Kofun united by a common Ainoid language distinct from Japanese. These two populations were not distinguished by contemporaries, but rather by present-day physical anthropologists. Historically, they were seen as one group by contemporaries, mainly those who were descendants of the natives (the Jōmon) called Emishi and Ebisu who also had in their population those of mixed ethnicity, most likely descendants of early Japanese colonists. In addition, the contemporary Japanese for their part looked upon the Emishi as foreigners and barbarians whose lands they desired to conquer and incorporate into the Japanese state.

>Though it is not known how much the Emishi population changed as Japanese settlers and frontiersmen began to live in their territories even before the conquest, the existence of Emishi Kofun types attests to some form of ethnic mixing. The Japanese established trading relations with the Emishi by which their horses were imported and iron tools and weapons exported to their territories. To complicate matters, some ethnic Japanese allied themselves with the Emishi in their wars against the Yamato court. The latter were known in the Nihon Shoki as "Japanese captives" of the Emishi.

>The people who migrated to the northern tip of Honshū and Hokkaidō region retained their identity and their separate ethnicity, and their descendants eventually formed the Satsumon culture in Hokkaidō. Historically, they became a distinctly different population from those who were conquered and integrated into the Japanese state. The Emishi (not including them) became more like other ethnic Japanese while the Hokkaidō Emishi, known by contemporaries as Watarishima Emishi, or "Emishi who crossed to the island", eventually became known as the Ezo, and later in the modern period the Ainu.

I always forget the Ainu aren't that old

Such a dumb image, trying to claim the ancient Chinese were white.

The reality of what it explains is that people in western China were indo-europeans, which we already know, you can go to that region today and see how they don't even look Chinese, the PIE people went east and west, and south.

>tfw no jomon or ainu gf

So we can assume Ainu are Emishi + Okhtosk from Siberia? Because, yunno, Ainu culture was born from the merging of Satsumon and Okhtosk cultures. So some Siberian people came down to Ezo, Karafuto and Chishima and stood there until the fleeing Jomon met them and intermarried. Until recently we had some people not so different from the Ainu on the Amur river (Russia).
The question is who were these Siberians? I read somewhere the Ainu are related to Tibetans, so these Okhtosk people might have been Mongoloid, not Caucasoid.
Ancient Japan is so interesting...

I feel you, senpai. You can find some Ryukyuans on Hawaii and Okinawa. They're more Jomon than Yayoi.

>What made the Yayoi so successful?

SUCCESSFUL AT WHAT?

Dominating the Japanese archipelago and estabilishing dominance over the natives, I guess. Modern Yamato are 70% - 90% Yayoi btw.