Splits

Hey Veeky Forums we never talked about this before. Can an adult male (18 y/o) do a full split if he hadn't done it since he was 6 years old? It can take 2 months, 6 months, 2 years, I don't care. I just want to know if possible.
Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwtM7ZArGxU
stadion.com/misconceptions-on-stretching-and-flexibility-and-the-method-of-testing-your-potential-to-do-a-side-split/
youtu.be/M7FIvfx5J10
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ofcourse its possible

Any tips on how to do it? I've read your ligaments and tendons can't strech so much anymore no matter how much you train them.

Only if your dick hangs lower than your balls.
Otherwise you'll end your gains by doing it.

Have someon push you down to a full split - it'll hurt as hell, but once you do a full split, you can do it on command. If you heal right.

>adult male (18 y/o)
Hi grand pa
No it's too late you're doomed

It would rip my tendons off at least..

Can you do it?

>Can an adult male (18 y/o) do a full split

youtube.com/watch?v=nwtM7ZArGxU

Do daily stretches, you can eventually work up to it

Yes, and?
You want to do a full split, don't you?

Stretch/yoga look up some beginner routine

I've looked into tutorials before. Lots of stretching, if I remember, it was something like 30 to 40 minutes at least 3 times a week. I decided against it cause I didn't feel like investing the time at that point.

Please don't listen to these idiots op. Search up stretching with Pavel tsatsouline

The only real question that needs to be answered op is why the fuck would you want to anyway?? Do you think it gets the bitches wet when you break this out at a party or something??

>implying flexibility and he discipline required to achieve it has no physical merit

typical meatfuck. there's more to life than your bench press kid

stadion.com/misconceptions-on-stretching-and-flexibility-and-the-method-of-testing-your-potential-to-do-a-side-split/
read that and test to see if the structure of your hips allow you to do them, Unless you have fucked up hips you mostly can it's just a matter of stretching frequently to train your nervous system to let you do them.

Not OP, but I play goalie in hockey. Flexibility is a very useful tool in a lot of sports.

What I'm implying you fucking tool is that the common person who is not an athlete would need to do the splits as much as I would need to learn how to ride a fucking unicycle... How many times a month do you find yourself in a position where doing the splits somehow comes In handy???? Thought so you fucking idiot...

you could say the same about lifting you fucking huge tard

Dyel dipshit detected

Flexibility and mobility are both super important to opening up heavier lifts, harder kicks, higher jumps, faster times, safer movements, and whatever other physical metric your sport / lifestyle demands.

Well shit I guess you guys are right... No wonder the biggest guys at my gym are always helping each other do the splits between sets lol

Damn bro, I really triggered the Tumblrina eh?

youtu.be/M7FIvfx5J10
why would you not want to be able to do this?

I've been kicking and stretching for decades now but my splits hasn't improved since I was sixteen (27 now)
shit ain't gonna be easy. if you make it, it's gonna be atleast twenty minutes every day, warming up till you drip sweat and spend a long time in each position. reading while streching.
>cons -tough as shit
>pros - people may expect a high kick, but no one expects a really fucking high kick.

Flexibility is just like strength gains and actually involves a fair bit of strength and muscles you can't hit with weights.

You need to treat it just like strength training and use good technique to make sustainable gains in performance over time.

you need to do a combination of passive and isometric stretching, which are exactly what it sounds like. this is called " proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation" if you're a giant faggot.

Done properly you can probably reach a full split in about 6-8 months starting from zero. just like with strength there will be noob gains, plateaus and a need to recover properly to see max gains

Should take 2 to 3 months if diligently done every other day. PNF stretching is far and away the most effective technique. Go to a stretched depth, resist the direction of stretch with your muscles for 30 secs then release into a deeper stretch one time. Q