What are some good pieces of advice you would give to new lifters ? I've been licking 1 year and I'd say

What are some good pieces of advice you would give to new lifters ? I've been licking 1 year and I'd say

>don't do splits where you hit one muscle once a week.
>you don't need as much protein as is suggested. You only need .8 g per lb of LEAN body mass.
>do NOT take advice for roiders. Taking roids is alone enough to build muscle, even without lifting .

You can take advice from some knowledgeable roiders who have trained naturally like blaha, but people like rich piana have no clue how to optimise hypertrophy for naturals

jason pls...

you better not be a fucking POG

>you don't need as much protein as is suggested. You only need .8 g per lb of LEAN body mass.
This
Anything over 1g per lb is an autist meme. Also make water your only friend

>Trump eating McDonald's
So I guess I'm not voting this election.

Do the exercises you enjoy the most. Do them consistently and increase weight as regularly as you can.

dont over-analyze everything. don't make yourself go crazy about hitting heavier weights because hurr muh progressive overload. sometimes it's better to just go to the gym get shit done like Arnold and friends in the good old days. workout until it hurts.

but yeah, progressive overload should still be the overall goal.

So those of you who don’t believe any of this, that’s okay I really don’t give a fuck. I’m still telling my story. This is what it is and if you don’t believe me fuck you go fuck yourself i don’t care. For all these guys who are veterans who are standing there still screaming about your valor, stolen valor, after what i just told you that that sounds like i am stealing any of your valor, you know what? Fuck you kid. And go fuck yourself I don’t really care what you think. But i will tell you this. If you decide that you’re going to come confront me physically about it you better not be a fucking POG. You better be a stone cold killer. If you come at me aggressively voice raised negative body language as someone who i know is a trained killer. Because i don’t flinch anymore when i hear a rifle round come by my head. When i hear that whoop and that snap or that sonic boom. I haven’t flinched in 20 years from that shit. I got over that a long time ago. So if you come at me i want you to know something. It’s not gonna be me who goes in the ground. I’m still here. I’m still upright and drawing air.

I fucked your gf, mom and sister

I'm on a 3 day split.
day 1: push..bench, tri push down, incline decline.
day 2: pull...deadlift, lat pull, bicep, rows
day 3: legs. squats, leg exten, quads, calvs

then squeeze in biceps or whatever on wrong days if the muscle isn't sore and I have extra time

my biceps don't get sore, shoulders don't get sore.

legs going good, sore for days, chest good, sore,

shoulders, and biceps - WFT. I do reps of 6-10, to failure, 4-5 sets ...next day barely feel anything. Any advice?

>do NOT take advice for roiders. Taking roids is alone enough to build muscle, even without lifting .
this is wrong. it's true that roids do a shitton of work even without lifting. however, whether you take advice or not from a person should be decided on what he says when he's speaking to you. if he's following basic fundamentals of training (progressive overload, proper routine, good form squats and paused benches, has a big total, etc.) chances are he knows what he's doing and talking about.

other things to look at are his thoughts on supplements (if he thinks 99% of them are bullshit he's in the game) and obviously not following broscience.

taking roids or not really has very little to do.

Don't do SS.

>overweight person eating the most fattening, unhealthy dog food on the planet
>gets a Diet Coke

Every fucking time.

What do you mean "big total"

Dude he's 69 years old he actually looks ok for his age.

Lift so it is fun for you.

If you hate doing squats every day, just do them once or twice a week. noone will tell the difference.

I didn't say whether I think he looks good or bad, I simply said he's overweight.

And the haters can't even fat shame him! Fight fire with fire.

why shouldn't he get a diet coke you retard? is there any reason to consume the extra calories and sugar when you can simply avoid it for something that tastes 95% the same?

jesus what a fucking idiot.

jesus he never said it's a bad thing, why are you so triggered damn?

how exactly did he not say it's a bad thing? he obviously mocked it as if it was something stupid to do.

idk, stupidity triggers me

There you have it. You don't need any more proof than this tweet to show America that this hypocritical man-child is NOT fit for president.

if only I had someone like Trump to vote in my country. and yet you Americans fail to realize the good he can do. you also fail to realize that the fact that you dont have to keep him on there forever. Trump needs to do a few good things then leave.

>trump is 69
why are presidental candidates so often so old? I mean you're starting to go senile at that age, and you might very well get REALLY fucking crazy in a short amount of time

that would make us look bad if we had him for a few months then he leaves

Trump pls go

you need someone who will send a strong message right now. I never said that you should vote FOR Trump. but you NEED to vote *against* a few things and that's what Trump is for.
you need to vote against illegal immigration
you need to vote against 3rd-wave feminism
you need to vote against political-correctness and the deprivation of free speech.
your country, your free speech and your rights are in grave danger and you need to realize that right now.you have a *golden* chance to kick that shit back where it came from. again, i wish my country had one. Take it. after the people and the rest of the politicians get the message then you will have other choices.

as long as politically correct officials are elected there will never be a change.
supply will always meet demand.
don't let the feminazis and the muslims and the blacklivesmatter idiots take over. I love a lot of things about America i'd be sad to see it crumble into a shithole.

its not a bad thing to not be sore, been lifting for a hot while and only really get sore when I do a new exercise or take more than a 3 day break from lifting

>Any advice?
lift heavier

ideal age should be 55-65

young enough to be healthy and old enough to be wise

>1 year
You are a new lifter you fool, you are not in the position to give anyone advice, can you even bench 2plate lol

this 100%

then do shoulder exercises... ohp, shoulder press, military press, upright rows (pref. dumbells), lat raises, etc.
if your biceps aren't getting sore lift heavier and focus on eccentric movement.

>be a billionaire on your own private jet
>get fucking mcdonalds

Pls tell me it's merely a stunt

He vowed to turn the GOP into a "worker's party". Nuff said. Everything is a stunt with Trump. Even when he seems to trip up it was really just a test to see how far he could go. He is always experimenting and always improving his formula incrementally. I'm not one of those fools who throw the word "genius" around lightly, and I really believe Trump is a GENIUS when it comes to mass psychology / persuasion. He is beating the media at their own game, he can influence and at times outright create public opinions in his favor, against the will of thousands of well educated opponents. Like a chess grand master taking on a thousand opponents simultaneously, he is playing on a whole different level they are simply not aware of. His meme magic powerlevel is beyond comprehension and at this point I am certain that he will be president.

Pic related is after many months of the media pushing the (Clinton approved) meme that Trump hates Hispanics / Mexicans, is a "racist" etc. We say "on suicide watch" a lot here but I wouldn't be surprised if some media people really do commit suicide leading up to and after Trump's election. Their vocal and well funded minority is failing to leave a dent in public opinion while ONE MAN they absolutely hate is on his way to become president. And even though he is richer than the other candidates he spends less than them, but he spends it intelligently. His money is a mere talking point in his campaign. Turns out talking about it has a greater effect than spending it. It's amazing. Meanwhile Trump's hypocritical opponents are doing the exact opposite, they pretend to be normal folks, classy but modest in the case of Clinton, "underdog" in the case of Bernie, while spending many more millions than Trump. And they are failing. I guess the billionaire has experience with what money can and can't buy, while the greedy career politicians still believe money can buy everything.

> more carbs than protein when bulking
> Don't forget cardio, lifting alone without cardio is a recipe for poor overall health

Because it's part of poor psychological practice by fatties who don't want to change their lives, they want to use tricks to get thin.

Just eat and drink healthy, that's where the solution lies. Not diet foods.

Plus every fatty drinks a diet soda, then goes, "okay cool now I can eat some cake, cause I saved calories on the diet coke"

This is actually pretty true. All of the free publicity he gets from the media is amazing. I'm a Bernie supporter but if the DNC doesn't come to its senses I'm voting for Trump. However it's mostly to send the DNC a message. They really fucked up hitching their wagon to Hilary.

People are voting for trump for his "Man the fuck up and take it" approach.

When people try to silence him, it only makes people realize the whole country just needs to "Man the fuck up and take it"

That's just one of many reasons, but it's a big one, yes.

One thing I've noticed about Trump is that he can make himself the centre of attention using only his posture and body language. For example in every debate you will find your eyes instantly drawn to him because of his assertive stance. He seems to have an uncanny ability to limit any unnecessary movements and focus on excatly what he wants to achieve with every gesture. In this photo you can see how perfectly straight he keeps his body, even just look at how symmetrical his hands sit compared to the others. And also how he positions himself slightly ahead of everyone else to stand out even more, which he often does. I believe that Trump has a very good chance of winning this election, his powers of persuastion knows no limits and will have a great effect on people. He is just so much more socially aware than everyone around him and Hillary is very one dimensional and limited in her delivery of words and social capabilities.

How did the republicans not choose Rubio? He would have demolished HRC. Trump is going to get BUFUd when normies start paying attention. He's a fucking walking meme.

he got kamikazied by chris christie in one debate

You mean little Marco? Who wants a manlet as president?

Because he's a retarded man baby that would have driven the country into the ground. Go back and listen to him speak. All he had was political double talk and when he was called out for it he fell a part. HRC would have eaten him alive with her cold shoulder maneuver she did to poor ol' Chafee.

Do dumbbell bench. That barbell bench ain't doing enough pham. Not that you shouldn't do barbell, but follow it up with some dumbbell or your chest will be shit.

Same, but i'm gonna vote jill stein so hillary doesn't get my vote. A lot of sanders supporters are, which will split the democrat votes anyways, allowing Trump to win. I just can't in good conscious actually vote for the man. But I'm willing to watch him win and see how shitty our country becomes.

>Only do deadlifts if you plan on going into powerlifting

Seriously, that's the only reason. You can hit the same muscle groups with much less dangerous exercises.

Steroid users do not have to work out properly, their form can be shit, their ROM can be borderline non-existant, they will make amazing gains regardless.

then they claim natural, and tell actual natural lifters that they just don't work hard enough

you just don't get it.

he's been doing shit like this for years. look into john miller

Rubio was a total faggot. Did you listen to a single interview of his. The man could not give a direct answer to a single question. 100% double talk.

I was thinking about voting for Stein as well, but honestly it will mean more if I vote Trump.

That's one plate on each side, right?

Mate if you're going to argue pls don't tell lies. Steroids make you grow regardless

> www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejm199607043350101

>Trump
>thin
Are you stupid or you just don't know what hypocritical means?

these posts reflect very well how american politics are just a fucking reality show starring a few scapegoat old friks created by the media who represent the only two/three types of ideologies/values that a human being is permitted to have in the western world

literal inane garbage made for the entertainment of the masses, the only difference between this and jersey shore is that americans believe they can make a difference in their beloved country while watching it, now that is good programming lmao

Is stronglifts good to start with?

when did i ever refuse that you fucking moron? did you even read my comment?

jesus christ

OHP every workout

>>do NOT take advice for roiders. Taking roids is alone enough to build muscle, even without lifting

Natty fatty do you even lifties barely know anything about bodybuilding.

Why would you take advice from someone who looks like shit and lacks what it takes to make it?

>Don't put the big three, the press or the Olympic lifts on a pedestal. They're useful tools like other compound lifts, nothing more.

aren't those all the compound lifts

>Why would you take advice from someone who looks like shit and lacks what it takes to make it?

There is a time I'll probably start roiding, but until then I'd appreciate honest advice. Taking advice from a fake natty isn't going to really be beneficial to sometime not on gear more times than not.

>sometime
*someone

No. A compound lift is just one where the movement takes place over multiple joints. There's a lot of them around.

ICF is a decent program famalam

Spend time learning what roids vs natty physiques look like, and decide if it's worth the thousands of hours of effort if you're not going to roid

don't take advice from fake natties.

take advice from ripped steroid users who are not afraid to admit they take gear. Those guys will take you far (unless they';re selling a program).

Being able to Gauge your limit, pushing past your limit, and going overboard resulting in injury.
Especially if you're looking into powerlifting

learn how to bail when you get stuck in various exercises. shrug shoulders when trapped during squats, learn the roll of shame for benching etc.

what are you gonna let him cuck u or something. Stop being a beta. Shit isnt assertive he looks like an overweight duck with bad hair, if he didnt have money he would be just another ugly 4tard.

What is this shit piece of advice? If you want chicken legs or t-rex mode, then do this.

You can read SS but don't do squats three times each week. 3 times in two weeks is enough for the casual non PL.

Look close you fool he's signaling us. Look at what he is pointing to.

no thats two on each side

hello Supermang

>eating ENOUGH is more important than 100% perfect lifting regimes
>proper technique is much harder to learn than you think
>don't give up and deload so easily, you are still making gains with three reps if you are doing five sets
>your only motivator should be set weights going up and don't even think that you are going to look good during the first year of lifting

That is about it.

I don't even support Trump, but you leftist d-bags will find any reason you can to hate him. He's just trolling twitter, like the whole fucking world does. Keep your fucking panties on straight.

To bring this thread back to what it's supposed to be about

>don't lift to failure, gains are the same while recovery is better
>protein shakes are a meme, use them only when you're in a hurry or something, always go for whole food
>all supplements except whey and creatine are memes as well, dont waste your money

nigga it's the only direct quad work you do for the lower body
>complaining about doing 15 working sets of squats a week
>has a leg day and does squats lunges, leg press, leg extensions

Lol, I'm blasting and cruising and I can tell you I had to work a shit ton harder as a natty. Mind you gains are much crappier now than they were at the start, my first cycle I literally had peroids of weeks I couldn't train and still made HUGE gains, strength and muscle size. I can still do that now desu, just the gains aren't as big.

Training harder makes not much of a difference now, it made more difference as a natty. So fuck you.
Currently cruising on 125mg test e. Gonna blast on 750mg test e, 750mg tren e, 50mg adrol, 30iu lantus + 8iu HGH + 15 iu Novo PWO, training 2x a day 3-4x a week with cardio off days and one day dedicated to hill sprints and long distance cycling next with a high carb high protein low fat diet.

First cycle was 500mg test e, 200mg tren e, 200mg mast e, 10mg sdrol ed and lantus 15iu ed (had a history with diabetes and I found myself going hyperglcyaemic with the gear; it can cause insulin resistance). Went from 86kg 13% at 6ft to 103kg at about 16%
Currently 89kg @ 9% bodyfat. Gonna bloat up again and peak at 105kg or so, the strength was insane (200kg bench, 260kg squat, 310kg deadlift - I got injuries after it)

This is my 2nd year in. I can tell you for a fact I can get away with doing fuck all and growing without doing anything, done that - nothing but gear for a month and on a cruise and still grew, diet was okay. I got leaner and came back stronger (was on a holiday trip, took test U)

Although I had been training 7 years as a natty, so perhaps it has a lot to do with training time too.

it is an old program with certain things modified. far from anything new.
jason, just don't...