So what the fuck is the point of this thing? I can't imagine any realistic applications other than pure ego lifting

So what the fuck is the point of this thing? I can't imagine any realistic applications other than pure ego lifting.

it's forcing him to pull outwards more. imagine not just resting the bar in your palms but trying to pull it apart as you do the lift. it's also a measurement for height pertaining to the workout.

to keep arms position in check?

These are the people posting on fit.

It's to make the lift easier at the bottom to be able to work the triceps with a heavier load.

Overload
Improve specific aspects for the main lift
Helps people who have issues with shoulder pain

How does it help with shoulder pain?

Have shoulder pain

pls aware me

Holy shit blaha is strong

Triceps overload.
I use the blue one, worked up to 200kg with it, was able to max bench 180kg, it did help a lot. Tore my pec though eventually (not with it, but I guess my weak point was triceps and delts and this thing helped a lot and I just learned to go wide grip with it having never trained my pecs enough before and bam, torn)

They take some of the strain on the rotator cuff muscles and tendons out at the bottom position (that's when they're both more active and have less space to move).
They force you into a bar path and humerus position that make it easier on your rotator cuff tendons by allowing more space inside the glenohumeral joint, preventing impingement.

Take a look at the reviews on their website, plenty of people have used it for improving their issues with shoulder pain, or during recovery from rotator cuff injuries.

Show us your ass faggot

How is this post relevant to the thread?

How is that fags name & tripcode relevant to the thread?

dat ROM kek

Powerlifting is a joke

guys! i'm trappy and did you know you use your arms for benching? yes that's right, woah, i'm such a good coach bro

Basically, two things happen:

1. It forces you in to a more shoulder-friendly position at the bottom of the lift (you can't flare as much with that on and have to touch lower/tuck more).

2. It supports some of the weight at the bottom, taking stress off the shoulders in the most vulnerable position.

look it's like a rubber band. rubber bands store potential energy as they stretch. the thing stretches as he reaches the bottom of his bench press, storing energy, and then releases it as it contracts, which happens during the ascent.

> that back arch

Is this a fucking joke or what? He lifted it like a total of 4 inches.

That is not a bench press.

How about this

does that even count? his butt isn't on the bench at all.

It counts. The butt just needs to be touching the bench at all times, not to be fully "sitting into it".

trappy, what do you think of pavel tsatouline?

Why the fuck do people arch their back during bench at all?
Also I have shoulder pain when doing pull-ups pls help ;_;

Puts rotator cuff in a safer position, and chest muscles in a stronger position.
Excessive arches are done in order to maximise the amount of weight you can bench.

arches help stabalize your shoulders and optimize chest activation, but also many lifters arch so much as a method to decrease the range of motion.

Benchlets: The Thread

It is magic

>Why the fuck do people arch their back during bench at all?
to make it less horrible for your shoulders
to make it easier to keep your back tight
to keep your shoulders dug in better

this