Why is it that in old european propaganda against the ottomans they make it sound like turks aren't even human?

Why is it that in old european propaganda against the ottomans they make it sound like turks aren't even human?
Was it only for propaganda purposes or where there people who seriously believed that the turks were a species of demons or something like that?

>inb4 they aren't human or some other retarded memespeak

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orientalism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there's propaganda claiming germans/ruskies/irish aren't human

it's nothing new

also forgot jews, who have been historically (wrongly) considered inhuman by pretty much everybody

There is also propaganda right now claiming Tu*k, Chinese, Jews..etc aren't human and seriously believed that they're species of insects. You can easily see tons of them in /pol/. (((They))) also crossboard post here sometimes. Why is so surprised to you.

Examples?

>Be a whidet getting his wife raped
Lets think what i can do
>le turks are roaches not human xdxd meme
>Now it is your turn
>Taste majestic BLACK TURKİC Akinci cock
>After that get beheaded in the name of KARA BOĞA
>Başıbozuks get your daughter to give Sultan and wife is now prostitute at Konya

>Now your son is getting training to be an proud Ottoman Janissarie learning how to kill kaffirs

>Stories of the "Wolf-Turk" reinforced the negative image. The Wolf-Turk was claimed to be a man-eating being, half animal and half human, with a wolf's head and tail.

Shitposters aside how is the relation between ottomans and their European neighbours? I know in politics it's generally hostile but aside from that, there seems a bit of cultural exchange and fascination with each other going on

There were ottoman traders going as far as amsterdam aside from that I know that the ottomans were franceboos which also might have to do with the franco-ottoman alliance.
Check out turqurie about european ottomanboosim.

On a similar note does anyone know of how the turks viewed europeans?

Of course they’re daemons, they can’t normally reproduce so had to use magic to create new vessels for their dying bodies, this they called the ‘Greek’, this is why Turks and Greeks look so similar nowadays, Greeks are just people who have had the daemonic Turk exorcised from their body

>wrongly

This. Also, the Persians had much better poets. T*rks were only really known for kebab.

>20% reptilian genes
>not inhuman
Spotted a Rothschild.

>how the turks viewed europeans?
we viewed you as white subhumans.

This meme is good, it is a throwback to old school Veeky Forums absurdity. I laff every time.

They literally thought that Turks weren't human. Separate bullets were even developed for some guns specifically to kill Turks.

>يهود
>human

They're not christians, therefore demons

Only the Puckle gun was made so, likely as propaganda anyway (the gun's got Protestant writings all over it)

Ottomans were fascinated with European medicine and *loved* European clockwork, European envoys often brought ornate clocks to impress the Ottomans, who loved them and held them in high esteem, even though sometimes they didn't know how to operate the complex machinery.

Also interesting in that is that the Ottomans seem to have some sort of sympathy for the Europeans - from the memoirs I've read they often say things like 'it'd be nice if you converted to Islam, y'know, you're a good lad' and stuff. Sometimes made me feel like they subconsciously felt Islam as a bad necessity - in cases where a Christian man commits adultery with a Muslim woman, they often try to delay the punishment, and in fact try to revoke it. Often they'd just have the woman divorced and marry her to the Christian by having the Christian convert to Islam, making a happy newly converted couple and not having to bother with an execution.

Also Janissaries often made good friends with Europeans, most of them having European ancestry themselves. In one case a group of Janissaries ended up beating up a crowd to save an European sick with dysentery from getting lynched, and the crowd went all 'you aren't true muslims anyway', which pissed them off.

Also if you dealt burns sick enough the Pashas would likely enjoy it. One ambassador from the HRE managed to get away with bad gifts by indirectly calling the Grand Vizier a pig farmer, which made the man laugh and commend the ambassador for his guts.

the french loved the ottomans

Enlightenment writers were often both the first SJWs and the first racists. So yes.

white subhuman stop making stuff up

>(wrongly)
|
|>
|

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orientalism

Fact that they used the same laws/punishments/slave trading like Isis meant they were true monsters even in a time as cruel as the medieval ages,

Not even /pol/ but the jews absolutely deserved every pogrom and expulsion.

Between the 16th and 19th century, the Ottomans enslaved about 1.5 million Europeans. Entire towns vanished overnight.

It's not like the Atlantic slave trade where Europeans were selling tribal rivals for trinkets, either. It was mostly raids. Europe got a bit paranoid and butthurt and basically feared the Turkish warrior.

nice

>It's an another whitewashing episode
stop this already

Something like that.

Reminder that whites are lower than any kind of animal including insects.
So know your place when you're talking about your superiors. Oh and your race is dying out, do something about it

>Oh and your race is dying out
I'm Ivorian, I think we're fine.

>the turks were a species of demons or something like that
*are

Jews poison wells to make the people sick