I'm 6'0 120 lbs. Pathetic. I know. I've been like this for all my life, a walking stick. Well...

i'm 6'0 120 lbs. Pathetic. I know. I've been like this for all my life, a walking stick. Well, I've decided enough is enough, and said I'm going to join a gym.

I was terrified, A skinny piece of shit like me entering a gym, everyone's going to laugh, point, and kick me out, but I just told myself, remember all the people who ever made fun of you through out life, it can't get any worse then that, and use that as motivation. So I did.

I entered the gym and my fucking legs were shaking, no joke. I have a routine that I am going to use, but today I said I'm just going to go in there and get a feel for the place, try a few exercises and get out. I walk in there, I was about to throw up cuz i was so nervous, so I just walked straight to the curl rack.

There was an average guy next to me curling, I don't know looked about 30 lbs, so I figured I can probably do 20, so I try to pick up the 20's. AND I COULDN'T. The guy next to me was staring at me, and told me "Try something else" then points at these pink ones on the floor. Apparently his friend behind him was watching and started laughing. So I turned around and I wanted to say something, but I just couldn't, I pick up the pink dumbbells and start curling. Well his friend starts making smart remarks like "WHOA THIS GUY IS A BEAST" and other things. I was so pissed I almost threw a punch but then I realized how big they are and decided not to. I threw down the weight and stood up tall. I then told the bully he was a stupid idiot right in his face and walked out before they could say anything. I could only imagine how mad he was that he wasnt able to beat me up and that makes the whole trip a success. I think im gonna try a home gym.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/boards/threads/i-went-to-the-gym-for-the-first-time-today-long-story-itt.454689673/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You let em win.

Go you.

go back, you damn faggot. don't let them get one over you.

bring your iphone with some earbuds, and listen to music. stay focussed and keep going.

You need some testicle gains.

We all start somewhere. Start eating until you're on the verge of throwing up, everyday, and go back to that same gym, everyday, right at the time those faggots are there, and keep working out with whatever weight you need to use. The fucker is just curling 30lb dumbbells, you'll catch up.

rare pepe

everyone starts somewhere senpai

This OP, 30 lbs isn't a lot of weight at all. If you lift and eat properly and follow a good routine you could probably get ahead of this faggot, use your hate as fuel, get stronger than him and then make fun of him for using low weight (compared to you). You will have your revenge.

You know this statue was always considered to be grotesque.
When you look closely you will see how anatomically incorrect it is.

Nope, I called them out on their BS
It's just hard when you're a nervwreck and VERY insecure

You're not coming back.

They won.

Where are you getting that info from? Curious if you have any links to things talking specifically about classical Greek anatomical type sculptures.

But for the OP, who cares about some random dudes...your causing yourself to fail by thinking that way, positivity breeds positivity. Go in there, do an actual program, go in and learn the compound lifts, practice pull-ups, overhead press, kettle bell swings, do actual things and not curls. Those guys are pussies in the first place for wasting their time at a gym doing curls. You can get stronger than them without truly trying, get your food on point, read some good books on the subject of fitness/nutrition and make someone out of yourself. Google "pavel tsatsouline," there are some free pdf's online of his books, Jim Wendler is another good one, Dan John has great programs. Don't buy into meme lifting and fuck those guys anyways

Bro dont give up, go back keep training. Ignore those faggots. Everone starts somewhere, also dw about how you look now. And dont stress about getting big fast. Focus on getting good and fast trai ing sessions intense, and eat tons of fruits and veggies. Gl skeleton.

>and VERY insecure
What do you have to be insecure about?
You're skinny, big fucking deal, you can only get bigger.

In a way yes. But atleast I got the last word and I'm considering going to a home gym

I just wanna feel comfortable and safe being in the gym without dealin with assholes.

Also i was 55 kg 175 tall, and bulked to 89kg in 2 years. Not worth,, got alot of fat and bad for health. Now i eat healthy and 75 kg lean 180cm. Feelsgoodman

>they ALL fell for it xDD

ign.com/boards/threads/i-went-to-the-gym-for-the-first-time-today-long-story-itt.454689673/

OP here. Got a good laugh. And remember, AAAAAHHHNOOOOOLLDD!

>he actually fell for it

>Also i was 55 kg 175 tall, and bulked to 89kg in 2 years

Although OP seems like a troll, I'm not. I weigh 120lbs at 5'11, used to weigh 105lbs back in highschool.

Teach me your ways of bulking. I've tried, to no avail

BUMP

so you walked into a gym as a terrified sack of nerves, encountered an asshole or maybe even a dude cracking a joke, and autistically bottled up your rage enough to want to punch the guy, then left after not having the balls to even do it.

cool.

>I've tried, to no avail
eat 4000 calories every day, with plenty protein and carbs. don't guess, be 100% certain that you consume at least 4k every single day.

if that fails, eat 5000.

if that fails, eat 6000.

if that fails...

Hello friend I used to be 120 lbs too, at 5ft 11.
I also have social anxiety, but not as bad as you do. Doesn't mean I can't imagine what it felt like for you and how hard it must have been to get to that gym.

I am here to give you tips on how to get through the anxiety and get comfortable at the gym.

Music. Bring earbuds and listen to music you like.

Phone. My first few days I did not make eye contact with other people and in between sets I would browse the internet on my phone. This also gives the illusion that you know what you're doing. This together with the earbuds will also make it less likely for other people to approach you.

Look up exactly all of the exercises you plan to do that day in the gym and stick to them. Watch videos on form and make sure you can rewatch them when you are in the gym, in case you forget (download them or use mobile data). One of the first times I went I had looked up lat pulldowns at home, but at the gym I forgot how wide your grip should be on them. Little things like this can make me really nervous, so it's best to avoid these mistakes even though they don't matter at all in the bigger picture.

It is INEVITABLE that you are going to do at least one exercise with bad form. This is to be expected. It may be that someone approaches you and gives you tips on how to do your exercise better. You should ask him more questions and thank him. These are the guys you should look for. If you every struggle with another exercise and there is one of these guys in the gym, go over and ask them for tips. They will happily help you.

Write down how much weight you do for every exercise and also how many repetitions. Of course the first time you do an exercise, you will not know how much weight you did. I still have all my notes from my first exercises so I will type them out here, so you can use them as pointers, since I started at the same weight as you, it shouldn't be far from your starting weight.

My starting weights:
bench press with dumbells: 22lbs
incline bench press with dumbells: 18lbs
dumbell fly: 13lbs
bench press with barbell: 90lbs (ask someone to spot you, say its your first time. start with the bar and add 5 pound wights every set until it's too much.)
incline bench press with barbell: 66lbs

Skull crushers with dumbells: 11lbs
Skull crushers with ez-curl barbell: 28lbs
tricep cable pulldown: depends on machine just start low its easy to change

lat pulldown: depends on machine also
seated cable row: depends
bent over row barbell: 66lbs
bent over row dumbell: 30lbs
deadlift: 130lbs

barbell curl: 24lbs
concentration curl: 18lbs
standing dumbell curl: 13lbs
standing hammer curl: 13lbs

dumbell shoulder press: 18lbs
side raises: 9lbs
shrugs: dont have these listed for some reason but I think 33lbs dumbells is a good start
seated military press with barbell: 44lbs (that's just an olympic bar with no weights on it. if this is too much still, which definitely can be since i did this exercise for first time after 2 weeks fo going to gym, then dont use an olympic bar, but use a smaller one and add weights on it.)

squats: 100 lbs
leg press: 110 lbs
lunges with carrying weight: 9lbs dumbell on each side

I was lucky enough to have a buddy who showed me around a few times and I did my first deadlifts and squats with him. You probably wanna wait with these exercises until you are more comfortable. Same for bench press with barbell.

I am not a personal trainer. This is not an optimal way to start training, but I am giving you advice targeted towards your specific situation. Anxiety is not a joke.
Hope all goes well and I hope you will make another thread in a while to tell about your experience. Please use the word "newlifterprogresspost" in your next thread so I can find it with ctrl+f in the catalog (I often browse fit catalog in between sets on my phone).
If you want to send me an email instead: [email protected]
Good luck!

Absolutely pathetic. I'm glad you aren't going back to a gym you thin skinned bitch.

Get a home gym

hey, its me the guy you replied to. Eh i started by eating tons of food, but it wasnt really that healthy. I gained weight very fast, but it stopped at a point. I wasnt satisfied with the end results. I was just big, not very impressive. Afterwards i changed my focus from getting bigger to eating healthy. So i made sure everything that goes in is something i know is good for me. focus more on eating alot of healthy foods, and good carbs. fruits, and veggies are good for you. Going vegan is also good, and sleep alot. Just relax, it will work out. train hard, and eat healthy dw. I wish i had done that from the begining, would've been some steps ahead now. gl