Do whatever workout on a cut you were doing before

>Do whatever workout on a cut you were doing before.
>Don't do PPL on a cut!

Well Veeky Forums? Which is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27102172/
scoobysworkshop.com/expectations/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1x frequency master race here. Most ideal for bulking, cutting and maintaining.

2x frequency is for autist nerds who think of their body like a theorycrafting machine in an MMORPG.

1x = PPLxPPLx ?
2x = PPLPPLx ?
or am I missing something here

No you idiot.
1x you do bench once a week and the next week twice
2x you do bench and everything else twice a week

i don't understand all this alternate-week meme stuff.
i'm just doing PPLxPPLxPPLx etc and there's no problem

PxPxLxx

>1x you do bench once and the next week twice

That's not 1x, you fucktard. Dipshit out here calling others idiots when he has no clue what he's talking about.

What is 1x?

Hitting each bodypart 1x a week like chest back shoulders arms legs

the most aesthetic people i've seen in CBTs claimed brosplits

Most of them are weak have low bodyfat % making them look big or are on juice

It's scientifically proven that you should hit body parts at least twice a week as a natty because of the amount of time spent in protein synthesis (around 72 hours). There is no argument to doing less than this.

aesthetic is aesthetic

Keep thinking that

I love when people who don't know anything about science or studies try to make such concrete claims like this.

I literally get the same exact results lifting with 1x frequency as I do with 2x and 3x frequency.

Nah you don't

You literally don't faggot

And why would you increase the frequency you hit your muscles on a cut exactly???

I have been lifting for 4 years. I've done all different kinds of routines with varying frequency. I haven't seen any difference in 1x, 2x,3x. I actually tried even higher than that (full-body every other day) and I still did not see anymore gains than I've seen on 1x frequency.

The only time I see gains is when I get stronger or become able to do more volume with the same weight, the amount of frequency hasn't mattered at all. Right now I do best on 1x frequency. With the weights I use now 2x frequency just isn't possible for recovery, let alone 3x. You'll notice the stronger you get, the less frequency you'll be able to have.

My first year of lifting was 3x frequency, and that was okay, for the time. If I try that now I just instantly become overwhelmed and tired/unable to recover due to the loads I lift now.

To maintain their size?

>hit once a week
>muscles repair in around 3 days, spend another 4 days doing nothing in a caloric defecit
>lose more muscle mass

>hit twice or more a week
>muscles constantly undergoing synthesis and a repair, sparing them from being targeted for tissue breakdown
>more fat burn

Inactive tissue is generally broken down for energy before active tissue

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27102172/

But yeah m8, keep telling us your anecdotes of how you tried a routine for 2 months and didn't really notice a lot of a difference and how this disproves scientific research

Is this once a week on lifts or once a week body part? I can understand once a week on each lift if you're very strong, but still including accessories that hit the muscles. But I find this hard to believe if you're literally doing a chest exercise every 7 days and still making progress that's not super slow.

lol

muscle degradation doesn't work that fast mate.

you've seriously ate way too much of the "natty lifting" misinformation on the net.

people have trained 1x frequency, made gains, and got shredded, all while still being natty without any drugs to enhance the length of protein synthesis .

you guys talk about it like its impossible to get gains or maintain gains on 1x frequency, lmao - the best ive ever looked in my 4+ years lifting has been on 1x frequency.

I've been lifting for almost 6 years and 2x frequency definitely worked best for me.

>with the weights I use now 2x frequency just isn't possible for recovery

Stats?

>With the weights I use now 2x frequency just isn't possible for recovery, let alone 3x.

So 4 years and you never learnt how to program?

>claims me trying a routine for 2 months isn't enough time
>links a study that was done for 4 weeks

lol.

at least read your references before you post them

i bet you've been lifting for

How many days off a week?

I train usually monday/tuesday/thursday, then back and hamstrings on friday or saturday.

pic related, 88kg at 173cm, natty, no pump. my "gym bro" total is just under 600kg, obviously would be lower in a competitive setting in the 80kg class, but i don't give a shit, most people don't ever even reach the 450kg mark.

>4 years for that

>le every should look like a 1 in a million genetically superior photo-shopped enhanced fake-natty fitness model if they touch weights and eat protein meme

1st year lifter pls go

mirin

scoobysworkshop.com/expectations/

frauds get out

I moved from SS to Hepburn, which is squat, deadlift, bench and OHP all twice a week, and my gains noticeably improved after the switch.

>2x frequency just isn't possible

Most people on oly routines do daily maxes and seem to recover just fine. Maybe you're just a faggot?

>4 yearing for a photo in shirt

>you will find the stronger you get the harder is to mantain high frequency
What is programming, different loads ecc. Powerlifter with much higher stats than you literally bench squat and dl 4/5 time a week with different variations.

>hurrdurr I'm having the most gains (and what gains) on a 1x per week therefore is the best routine out there, while there are studying proving otherwise and literally every natty lifter looking good has high frequency
What a fucking douchebag

I'm a casual lifter who doesn't do any kinds of stretching or foam rolling or any of that autistic shit. Nor do I get paid to lift and I have other important things going on like studying which keep me in shitty seated positions for a lot of the day.

Still 3-5-5 with 2 OHP coming soon.

Ok sure thing buddy.

This was me at 3 years, 8kg lighter than I am now.

Ive only started cutting a week ago after a slow year long bulk which I went up 8kg. I've made gains with 1x frequency in the last year, especially with my arm size, which was lacking.

The best training split ever is what you enjoy and what challenges you.

Though strength is also a function of skill, if you squat 3 times a week you'll become better at squating compared to doing it once a week obviously, so for strength specific goals frequency is key.

A podcast made me think of it like this when it comes to muscle growth.
- It's probably better to stimulate muscle growth to 90% two times a week than once a week to 100% because there is a limit to the stimulus your muscle can be exposed to during a workout.

Brosplit or fullbody shit will make you grow if you do it properly and you can cut with it aswell. Some people say that frequency on a cut is necessary to "remind" your body to keep the muscles since it's more capable of breaking down muscle during a cut but this is more anecdotal than scientific I think, it sounds good right?

Its also that people on a cut tend to seriously drop their volume. If you've lost 10% recovery (or whatever the number is) and dropped 30% of the training stress, you've got a lot of room to push more frequency. That's less the case if you're still trying to push the volume per session.

>tfw ppl
>tfw cutting
>tfw not losing strength

Praise Jesus for injectable testosterone fmamila

I like doing everything I do twice a week