This article really worries me. Have we all been lifting in vain? All of those gains for nought?

This article really worries me. Have we all been lifting in vain? All of those gains for nought?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201409/why-is-physical-activity-so-good-your-brain
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064273/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3896879/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3990369/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064707/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1724404/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3041121/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3567313/
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00357593
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00441300
topdocumentaryfilms.com/my-penis-and-everyone-elses/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>reading articles like this
>caring what women want
>can't think for themselves

Just ignore it. People don't lift for women. They lift for themselves. Gr8 b8, tho, senpai.

This.

There's nothing less attractive to a woman than a man who gives a shit what they think.

Unless you're roiding, you're not gonna look like that

>People don't lift for women. They lift for themselves.
You're the only survivor in a post apocalyptic world, how much do you care if your belt doesn't match your outfit?
You're objectively delusional and full of shit.

What is this fucking meme where you can't be smart if you lift

Yes. You have to be really delusional if you think girls are attracted to Rich Piana.
Google ideal male body according to women.

These are the same people who tried to make dadbods a thing. Why even waste your time on this. Seriously all of the people that write these articles are nu-males or fat women.

>Lifting for girls.

You are doing it wrong.

Either way, the pic you posted says that being mega jacked is unattractive while simply being fit is attractie, so I don't get why you are worried? You probably won't get awfully big without roids anyway. You don't do roids do you, user?

>implying stereotypes aren't at least partially true

The funny thing is that any physcial activity in excess of 30 minutes has been shown to increase brain function by more than 37 in individuals

37 percent

That was cardio.

Kek, What kind of argument is that? It totally defeats itself right out of the gate. How's that autism treating you?

Actually the person who wrote this article is pretty ignorant.

She (i guess it was a she {or some kind of beta male}) implies that all men are just lifting to get women, but seriously, do you really think the "scared little dude" Dwayne Johnson needs to be muscular to fuck hot girls? I think he lifts for other reasons than women and it's defininitelly not the fault of his "insecurity".

I think it's the same for many other people, so this person who wrote it should probably kill herself.

This. The ideal body irl is a hybrid of otter/athletic mode

'brain function'

please define your terms because this means nothing. Perform better on a test of cognition? More neural activity? What?

>It is indeed foolish, my dear Lucilius, and very unsuitable for a cultivated man, to work hard over developing the muscles and broadening the shoulders and strengthening the lungs. For although your heavy feeding produce good results and your sinews grow solid, you can never be a match, either in strength or in weight, for a first-class bull. Besides, by overloading the body with food you strangle the soul and render it less active. Accordingly, limit the flesh as much as possible, and allow free play to the spirit. 3. Many inconveniences beset those who devote themselves to such pursuits. In the first place, they have their exercises, at which they must work and waste their life-force and render it less fit to bear a strain or the severer studies. Second, their keen edge is dulled by heavy eating. Besides, they must take orders from slaves of the vilest stamp, – men who alternate between the oil-flask[1] and the flagon, whose day passes satisfactorily if they have got up a good perspiration and quaffed, to make good what they have lost in sweat, huge draughts of liquor which will sink deeper because of their fasting. Drinking and sweating, – it's the life of a dyspeptic!

lifting also improves brain function
psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201409/why-is-physical-activity-so-good-your-brain

All of the above except for short term memory iirc, I dont have the study or book I got the exact data from.

You can only uses 30% of your brain's full capacity, when you bench press 2 plates you unlock another 5%. Any more than that and you start getting super powers. I heard that in my japanese anime.

Seneca was a DYEL pussy who probably got bullied by bigger kids when he was younger

nice post reddit

>you can never be a match, either in strength or in weight, for a first-class bull.

nice meme except the affect of exercise on the brain is actually in peer reviewed studies

I'm not The Rock tier by any means, but I'm pretty pumped.

I've seen girls mirin my sweet gainz over and over. They indeed tell that "they don't like jacked guys", but they get wet anyway.

In the worst case it gives you a good first impression. What you later make of it only has to do with your personality and confidence.

Still not as peer reviewed as your mom's vagina.

Do i look like i lift for women?

Also women don't know what they want

You don't look like you lift.

you look like you chug beers everyday at the local pub, thats about it m8

Yes, in the 5-12 year old range.

You look like a brown haired Randy Marsh

Exactly this. Every girl I've slept with has said they usually hate muscular men but somehow I'm "the exception". Don't believe their shit, they love muscle.

seneca also got cucked by nero and believed that all the blood in your body came from the liver

>Human protein shake
Wait...i thought that was a nickname for cum...
That doesnt fit in there

>implying stoics care about getting cucked

It's like throwing apples at a tank

>'No,' he says, 'but my brother's poor wife was carried off.'

>It is a great gain to be robbed of an adulterous wife.

Shave that fucking moustace ASAP...

It is though, but that shit article and their definition of "brain function" is retarded. However, aerobic (and in some studies anaerobic) exercise has been shown to promote adult neurogenesis, slow down the death of neurons in the hippocampus and increase brain plasticity.

Also, physical exercise is thought to have antidepressive features by reducing the effects or production of cortisol. Basically, the old adage of "Chill the fuck out and exercise every now and again, don't remove physicality from your life or you'll hang" is true, but now there's documented evidence of it along with possible mechanisms of how it works.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064273/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3896879/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3990369/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064707/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1724404/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3041121/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3567313/

Keep in mind, almost all of these studies except for one (if I remember correctly) deal with the effects of aerobic exercise.

Anaerobic exercise is thought to have at least some of the same effects, along with the fact that high intensity work doesn't cause the secretion of cortisol to the extent anaerobic exercise does (a difference of about 20-25%)

link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00357593
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00441300

(Paywall but conclusion is in the summary)

Yes, yes I do have autism.

>doing more than a light cycle of test and making yourself into a mass monster will turn off some women

wow i've never heard of this before, thanks op for enlightening me

>and that is what women really see when they see juiced biceps
>A scared little dude who can't think for himself
Yeah, I'm sure when women see alphas they say, "Gosh, I bet he's only exercises because he's insecure about himself!"

//thread

Dosent look like you lift at all

As if Dwayne Johnson doesn't soak up panties on every woman he laid his eye on. Don't take these shitty articles serious.

Some retards think that life is like an RPG where you can only allocate a certain amount of points in qualities and abilities. It's usually a coping mechanism

>implying this and all the other bullshit like dad bodies being 'attractive' is not just girls being insecure
>implying it hasn't been shown time and time again that despite saying this shit, girls will fuck the huge guy.

He's ugly as shit.

Then they post a pic of The Rock with this article. Do you know how many bitches I know that wouldn't shut the fuck up about how "sexy his big strong arms are" at work yesterday? Fucking all of them. Even the gay dude was with them agreeing. Which makes me wonder what insecure man or hamplanet wrote this article

Fucking min-maxing.

More likely a fat cunt that can't get ripped man.

Chicks get confused they don't know the types of male bodies and what they actually want.

What most of them actually don't like is Mr Olympia sized guys at super low bodyfat. The Rock's body is still 100% getting them all off.

You look like a gou who'd browse "the Art of Manliness". In other words : you look like a nu male who's trying to compensate his lack of masculinity. But hey, you're lifting and you're trying to improve yourself, you aren't that bad.

if that article isn't back by a study i don't give a single fuck about Buzzfeed's bizarre perception of reality

That's because he's a handsome millionaire movie star. Protip: way more girls fawn over people like One Direction and Loki from Thor.

you guys are autistic, theres a woman for most body types, some like hench ass guys others while others like skinny guys, it all depends on the woman. That being said it is culturally accepted that men with at least some muscle are seen as more attractive, how much? That is subjective. Its more about your face anyway

Young girls do. Young girls are attracted to skinny guys because their male peers are also skinny.

under rated

>99% of the population doesn't lift
>women are around non lifters all the time
>women are attracted to non lifters

Only roid freak female bodybuilders like huge muscles on a man.
Everyone knows this, it's nothing new.

This is the woman who wrote the article.

she looks possessed by the demons of feminism

She looks like the type of girl that only dates closeted fags.

>girls ever answering a direct question in a way that might make people think that they're shallow

Great study bud.

>those pitch black holes where her eyes should be

Modern women are fucking terrifying.

Like this girl has her shit together. She can't even dedicate herself to maintaining a different hair color.

>For although your heavy feeding produce good results and your sinews grow solid, you can never be a match, either in strength or in weight, for a first-class bull
Or a well placed pipebomb tbqh

>women in charge of saying what women want.

They say they dont like super jacked guys because they dont want to look like whores to other women.

Women have varied opinions, and there is no standard. lists like these are retarded.

It's kind of like that documentary where the guy with the micropenis goes around looking at penis enlargement surgeries and shit, where there's the one scene where the girls talk about and sculpt their ideal penises out of clay. Everything they talked about was, "oh yea, I really like average" but then the penises they made were all thick, 7" cocks.

amen

modern society hates the "man". They want to turn men into pussy boys who thinks serving a woman's emotional needs is the way to her heart.

The men they cannot convert, they demonise.

you are damn right!

>Still fitting through doorways
>2016

COME ON

lol sauce pls?

A perfect fit for Veeky Forums.

This is the equivalent of those guys who say "I don't like Victoria's Secret models or swimsuit models, they're too skinny" when you know that he goes home and faps to their pictures. Sour grapes.

"Too jacked" for women is impossible to obtain without serious chemical assistance.

topdocumentaryfilms.com/my-penis-and-everyone-elses/

At around 13 minutes they're making their ideal dicks, talking like bitches. 14:30 is where he hits them with some truth, and they all backpedal so hard.

thanks man this is gonna be fun to watch

i don't lift for myself. i lift to intimidate other guys around me. even more so if they're manlets.

>being this much of an insecure beta shit

wew you look so strong user

The article has some truth to it.

Obviously become too jacked will turn off a lot of girls, although they will still prefer it over a fatty.

The sweet spot ofcourse is ripped/athletic

This. Girls don't want someone who's actively trying to please them. They want to wrangle in someone who's doing good for themselves, ride their coattails, and convince the man to pamper them.
There's more thrill in chasing someone than there is in accepting some guy that just bends down immediately.

fuckk of the rock is natty he eats lots of cod that's why hes so jacked. its those fish proteins

RIP

saving for future use

>i want to be faster than a train

I dunno im pretty fucking jacked. More jacked then most guys in the gym and i get chicks that lick their lips at me daily.

I tell my family members about how women literally everywhere i go eye fuck me and make lude comments. They didnt believe me. Gave my the old "yeaahh, sure they do". I go out with them one day and by the end everyone is making jokes how everyfucking chick wants me. Down to "even the old 70 year old lady wants to give you her number"

This article was probably writtwn by aome limp wrist faggot with no first hand experience of random chicks pitching your ass while buying your groceries or random milfs leaving phone numbers stuck to your car window. Iv hand entire doctor office receptionist going ape shit crazy over me "omg check this guy out!" The fucking managment had to twll thw ladies tom"simmer down now"

I shit you not the dedication iv put into building muscle has amazing results on hiw women view you.

Problem is this is just a firts apperance thing. Most of these women no nothing about me and wouldnt last in a relationship for very long simply because were far to different.

>the rocks natty

A. Who cares
B. No he isnt

>He grabbed his nuts and did it

user pls

>I want to die from training

Can you post a pic of your body? I'm curious what level I need to get to for this to happen

Fuck off if you know me

Shit damn man great body. I'm years away from that. I don't know you.

Slightly old picture but i have a bunch of nudes, faceshots, and not gonna post that shit

>mfw my dex/int build gets shit on by pure str builds in pvp

>being this much of an insecure beta shit
yeah everyone is pretty insecure when they see my vascular arms.

>37 brain functions

This article is either written by a man who wants to keep you down or a woman who really wants to keep you down

That is literally lifting for yourself. Man you're dumb.