Army PFT

>Army PFT
>MINIMUM requirements are 42 push-ups in 2 minutes and 53 situps in 2 minutes

What the shit? How am I supposed to go from 3x5 to 42 push-up reps in one set? What's even the point of that? And that's the MINIMUM.

its not one set

I am being trolled

>benching over 2 plates
>not being able to do 50 push ups
pick one

Oh for real?

Well how much rest can you take in 2 minutes anyway...

why are you doing 3x5 with push ups? are you morbid obese?

Is that it? Fucking hell. The worlds catering to fatties now. Smh

How the fuck are you not able to do the measly 42 push-ups?
How can your endurance be so low?

A lot. Do 15 push-ups then rest for 10 seconds, then do more

Just getting out of the push-up position for a bit is super helpful

Are you some kind of skeleton?

I meant 3x5 bench and related strength routine stuff.

FYI I can actually do 45 pushups now but that's my max set. In Rippetoe's diagram any number of reps above 25 is "insanity". So since you're doing cardio at this point anyway.... what's the point in doing 77 pushups (the maximum score)? How am I supposed to get yoked like that?

the point is to get the maximum score and pass the test

>Are you some kind of skeleton?
I'm a DYEL for now, yes. Which is the entire point, even an untrained nerd like me can do 40-50 on average
Why even lift and gain strength if your endurance is going to stay shit?

>Why even lift and gain strength if your endurance is going to stay shit?

So you can look like a human male.

Dude, you only have to be able to get like 35 until you're done with Basic. Then you go from BPFT to APFT. Trust me, by the end of basic you will be able to do a lot more than 42 pushups.

Nigger, if you can't do at least 30 pushups, you're a fat slob and should be ashamed of yourself.

Do you also think pullups are only for skeletons? Because I'm 83kg and I do 3 x 8 with 15kg added weight.

So fuck you, you worthless weakling.

He probably doesn't do cardio and only lifts in 1-5 rep ranges because of a meme he read on the internet.

Don't worry, you'll get the last laugh when he stops training for a few months and gains 100 pounds of fat because his heart and metabolism are complete shit.

>when he stops training for a few months and gains 100 pounds of fat because his heart and metabolism are complete shit.

Kinda like Mark Rippetoe himself, eh

42 pushups in 2 minutes?I don't even lift and I can easily do that without getting tired.

Neither of those are hard. I took a police physical exam a while ago, and we had to do 19 push-ups and 33 sit-ups in 1 minute. I easily got 48 push-ups and 45 sit-ups.

With all those fatasses being cops no wonder why the requirements are so low.

Are you an old cunt OP?

I swear it's 44 and 50 something

Also do they have to be closegrip or can it be past shoulder width?

Can someone please tell me how to do pushups properly, or how to do more? I've been lifting for months and I can still barely even do 10 pushups in a single session.

shouldn't be an issue at all for anyone who isn't a weakling and under 20% bf

Are you doing squats 7/24?How can you cant do more than 10 pushups?

1.85m 97kg, can do 30 pushups but start getting winded by that point. could prolly pass that test tho idk about sit ups

lose weight, that makes by far the largest difference with bw exercises

i can do 8 with another 16kg on my back

That's why I'm asking. It's fucking embarrassing. I've almost reached a 1pl8 bench.

I'm skinnyfat, so I don't weigh much. Working on losing as much bf as possible while still improving my lifts.

Just keep doing mate.Start with 10 and add 5 every 3 days.I never lifted in my life and can do 50 in one set.Can do up to 90 if I break it to sets.

Thanks, i'll try that.

Physical fitness culture in the US Army is absolute garbage.

Almost every day of you're fucking life, you're required to spend one hour with your coworkers in the morning and forced to do either the shitty broscience fitness routine in the manual, or the shitty broscience fitness your squad leader/platoon sergeant pulls out of their ass.

You're even told that if you want to IMPROVE your fitness, you've gotta do it on your own time. OK, that's fine, but don't keep me at work all day so that by the time I can get to the gym, there's a line behind every squat rack so that by the time I get home, it's already time for bed so I can wake up and do shitty PT again.

Rollin for pushups

>he can't do 50+ pushups in one set.

Nigga, I'm on a permabulk since October, haven't done more than 8 reps of anything for the last 5 years and I just did 55 reps, before my injured wrist started acting up again.

If you are actually athletic 100-200 pushups aren't even a challange.

>run
>jump into prone
>push UP yourself
>repeat
That's the reason for it.
It's also the easiest portion of the pt test.
You should be getting a minimum of 60 no problem, it's really hard to believe there are people on here that can lift heavy objects, but can't do pushups.

lol your dumbass fell for the "lifting only will make you fit" lie

they dont train u to do what u want they train u to do what ur told

That's because those heavy objects are lighter than they are and they're lifting them in very specific, beneficial positions.

Tell them to squat in a different way and suddenly they can't even do 70% of what they're supposed to.
Tell them to do a strict barbell curl and they'll have problems with 100lbs.

There's a reason powerliftng is in the Special Olympics.

You're not fit if your cardio is shit.

Not matter how big you get, if you're not healthy you're a fucking joke, keep lifting for girls retards.

People are actually heavier than what they can bench press?
Wouldn't that mean they are going on morbidly obese.

Am I being trolled? They don't make you do this immediately after lifting.

If you can't meet these requirements you probably shouldn't be in the military. How can you even move if you can't do 53 situps in two minutes?

>thinking this is hard

You are the fitness equivalent of "programmers" who can't do fizzbuzz.

How come ROTC doesn't have this

You also have 3+ months to meet these standards.

When I joined on first pt test I made
>52 pushups
>71 situps
>1440 two mile
At the end of the third month I'm pretty sure every single male atleast passed and most of us were close to maxing out the test.
The only ones who were still struggling are the women, except for that fine bitch Killinger
She was so cute and could outrun everyone, just stay behind her and see that cute ass trying its hardest to stay in front of A group.

Hahaha how could anyone complain about this? Only the fattest of the fat or someone with some sort of degenerative disease couldn't meet these standards.

>Not knowing inclined push-ups can change your life
Being able to run a mile under 7 mins and doing 50 pushups in one go/10 legit pullups is the minimum if your going to claim that your fit.

Wait, I'm confused- what kind of sit ups are we talking about? Because I hammer out 50 in a set. Or am I thinking of crunches?

Which is better? A sit up or a crunch?

rolling

I just passed a pt test a few weeks ago. and in my opinion it takes actual push-ups to be able to do more push-ups in the two minutes you have. just keep timing yourself and push harder each time. also recorded yourself and make sure you got the form right.

> Mfw I'm in the Air Force and minimum is lower than 42
> Mfw some females can't so more than 10 push-ups
> Mfw these fuckers can't do 1.5 mile runs in less than 15 minutes

Crunches. Sit-ups are a shitty psoas exercise that fries your back and hip flexors for literally no reason. Dumb people think it works abs.

PFffttt hahahahaha you can't do 42 push ups? or 53 sit ups? Dude, seriously, hit the gym. Quit eating donuts.

>19 pushups
just cancel the test and be done with it.

>I never lifted in my life
>Veeky Forums

what kind of fat retards can't do 50+ pushups in one set?

It does you mong. Graduate High School before posting here again.