Tfw smoking 30 cigarettes a day

>tfw smoking 30 cigarettes a day

Have any of you quit smoking? It's making workouts harder than they should be and I want these gross things out of my life

I'm down to under 10 a day and I was smoking 25 a day. I can actually feel the difference in my lungs already just from cutting down

I used to dip. Not quite the same but still. Gum and patches didn't work. I just wanted to dip right after. It comes down to self control. Slowly cut down. One less the first few days. Then two less. You'll get to the point where your cravings and dependence are so small compared to your will to quit that it will be easy. Easy at least for the first few days. But avoid people who smoke. Don't start the I only smoke when I drink or just on weekends bullshit because you'll be right back where you started. Remember to distract yourself with a hobby or something when you get a craving.

Same except im down to 3 - 5 day unless I'm drinking. I'm struggling to stop completely despite having a vape.

I've never tried a vape

If you buy a decent setup (don't bother with those cig a like ones from a general store, they're awful) they are actually really good. Gives a very similar experience to a real cigarette but without the 2000 chemicals.

Its as simple as JUST FUCKING QUIT

This is how i quit. Ignore all the shit excuses your brain makes up to convince you to smoke. Its all bs. Just quit simply because you dont want to be controlled anymore by a fuckin cigarette.

So decide whats stronger, you, or your desire to smoke. If you are weaker than a cigarette you surely are a failure.

I quit cold turkey 4 months ago.
Picked up running right after and it has stopped me from smoking.
If I smoke and run i feel i'm dying, so there's that.

Just stop smoking mate. I smoked about 3 pack a week for 3 years and one day just decided to quit. Threw away the rest of the pack and my lighter and never smoked again.

This

Also this, if you're a weak pussy you might wanna try to replace it with another habit.

I smoked 50 a day and quit because they're too expensive now

>3 packs a week

Quit cold turkey. It has the highest success rates. Read Alan Carr's book.

I quit two years ago. Lit the cigarette and thought "how does this help me?" and I couldn't find an answer. Dumped the rest of the pack and never looked back.

Good point

I quit in september cold turkey. I used to be bulimic for 7 years, got better, started smoking for weight control, feared death, quit, gained weight, thinking about starting again.

What's wrong cancer boy? It's still called "smoking"

To me it works with a) real motivation, really wanting to give it up, and not only money, smelly clothes whatever. b) gum (or I guess some other nicotin) to make that addictive craving go away, when the I really feel like a ziggy.

I guess you'll have to try different things, to find your way. Just like not everybodys way to the gym is the same, neither is this. Its hard for some, super easy for others. And to some motivation is counting days, for others a bet with a friend, some need distractions, others quiet to keep the battle.

good luck user

This is the correct answer.
I smoked 20 a day and after reading that book went cold turkey, including going out drinking, without coming close to relapsing.
4 years free of it now.

I stopped after smoking for 11 years a pack a day, been 5 years now. Life changer.

Do it. The only reason you doubt is the pussy in your head, just like why fatties eat.

Also, do it cold turkey. Studies showed you have higher chance of relapse if you gradually slow down before stopping
I'm not memeing you.

Start taking nasal snuff, it's better for you than smoking and you get a stronger hit

I felt it was too much brainwash. I quit but with nicotine gum.

>only 30 a day

just quit cold turkey if you're smoking less than 50 a day

>smoked entire life
>wife smoked entire life
>we decided to quit
>she ordered pills and gum and patches
>reads books
>watched videos
>I just stop smoking

She still smokes. I quit.

It's one of the main reasons I'm gonna leave her in a few months, it's yet another example of her being lazy and ducking disgusting with no will power.

Bye bitch

Lol at this autist

Get some willpower, OP.

Not OP but you sound like an actual autistic person

oldfag reporting in, smoked for 15 years and now I'm clean for a little over a year.

Change your routine, simple as that. The real shit when quitting is to take the cigs out of your daily routine. It's the little things that matters here, like let's say you usually wake up and the 1st thing you do is get some coffee and light a cig. Try taking a shower first this time. You'll realize that the majority of the cigs you light everyday are attached to shit in your routine, and you light most of those cigs not because you really wanted to, but because that's just what you usually do, it's your routine.

Break the routine, you break the addiction.

Of course, you need the willpower to actually want this shit out of your life but still.

This

When I was first cutting down I realized that right after having a cigarette I didn't really feel any different and that it was just pointless

>come in from having a smoke
>think why the fuck did I just do that when I get nothing from it
>realize I spend 12 dollars a day on nothing

SMOKE ORGANIC SPIRITS. They are strong full of tobacco and not addictive at all. I picked up smoking at 24 and a pack probably lasts me 50 days. I never crave them i just occasionally wouldn't mind the tobacco rush. I used to hate cigarettes hard before but it's those shitty Marlboro whatever cancer sticks that are legit gross.

I can't stop smoking weed and i only want to quit for job reasons, because my AED drugs give me panic attacks over nothing. I don't panic over bullshit, i panic over nothing because that's a panic disorder. It's stressful when you're known as the calm poistive minded friend but now i go 0 to full pissed russian in seconds. I have the least amount of seizures out of everyone my neuro sees too.

I hate florida. I just want medicinal pot to deal with these ass AED drug sides.

>nicotine gum
There's a reason why cold turkey works the best: it's what behavioral psychologists call "extinguishment". By relying on a crutch (in this case, nicotine gum), your brain is still operating on the drug and is now reinforcing new behaviors that also become linked to nicotine. This causes an association to any new behaviors to smoking, thus reinforcing the smoking. That, in turn, leads to high return rates.

This has been known since forever. Yet peope don't listen. Instead, they cling to having teir cake and eating it too (e.g. still get the nicotine yet not smoking, people and their fad and crash diets). Congrats on being another victim of the pharmajew.

The main problem is subconsciously your main goal is comfort. So no matter how much you try to quit you can't consciously do it because it it fights with your subconscious and your subconscious wins. You need to change you subconscious goals and then you will be able to quit.

Smoked a pack a day for 10 years. At almost five years clean now.

Best thing I ever did. Key to quitting was realizing I'm a nicotine addict. You wouldn't tell an alcoholic to cut down on his drinking or switch to an alcohol patch. Gotta fucking quit,forever, all at once.

I didn't read it but the Alan Carr book the other anons recommended is super popular and works for a lot of people.

When I quit after 4 years of smoking I gained 12 kg (26 lb) over 5 months. I was very skinny back then so it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.

>he bought into our lies!!!
Good goyim. Smoke some more "organic" cigarettes!

Why the fuck did you even start in the first place?

I quit both and haven't done either in 2 years. I used smoking for all sorts of things and while I was addicted to nicotine, I was more addicted to all the habits surrounding it. So if I didn't have anything to smoke I'd have to break them and I did, and then it was time to quit the gum and nicotine, but I was getting so little nicotine as it were that I just threw out the remaining pieces and that was that.

Alcohol actually does something unlike nicotine and if an alcoholic stops right away they can die from withdrawal unlike nicotine

>every hour

if you can wait an hour between smokes you might as well quit

This

I have at least 2 an hour and I'm not a heavy smoker

I plan on going cold turkey tommorow guys.

What routine do you recommend to a fat, ex-chainsmoking, piece of shit?

I was thinking of starting slow with mostly cardio for the next few weeks. Though I'm a little unsure of what route to take since I'm a fat blob now

>having a smoking problem

Please smoke more to kill your retarded asses faster, thanks.

>not smoking

must be nice to be an upperclass privileged white boy

>smoking in 2016
kek

I'm down to one a day. I try to find rare expensive brands and be extremely loyal. Helps me not buy too many of them and not find them at most places. It's stupid but that's one of the ways I use to fool my brain.

I'm not even white.

Are you a nigger with an inferiority complex or something?

>implying you have to be an upperclass privileged white boy to not smoke
>implying cigarettes don't cost hundreds of dollars a week
retard

I used to smoke one package per day but now i'm only smoking after meals and feels good.

Switch to dip.

Pros: 1/2 the cost and you can breathe again
Cons: eventually your teeth will fall out

Same bro I'm down to about 9 a day but I was smoking 40 a day