I want to build up some upper arm strength as well as getting some basic weapons practice in case there ever is a "...

I want to build up some upper arm strength as well as getting some basic weapons practice in case there ever is a " happening ".

Can anyone recommend a good , " heavy " practice sword ? Nothing too long and in a European style if possible thanks.

Pic related is what I'm currently looking at.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Wc0XHGnXZ4
regenyei.com/en_blunts_custom.php
youtube.com/watch?v=0D0R_DJhCW4
youtube.com/watch?v=bOGslQWBgKc
wulflund.com/weapons/
lavoz.com.ar/sucesos/cosquin-joven-hirio-de-un-flechazo-un-ladron-que-ingreso-su-casa
knowledgeglue.com/man-uses-katana-stop-home-invasion-gory-aftermath-nsfw/
youtube.com/watch?v=3IKP8pLr8Wg
youtube.com/watch?v=MPqj6WaTFOE
youtube.com/watch?v=8Nwh8yWh5WU
youtube.com/watch?v=EtqOiKUcT_Q
albion-swords.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>swords in 2016
>sharp objects in UK

Don't be retarded.
If you want to practice techniques get a practice sword.
If you just want to weight train, weight train. If you're dead set on swinging something around for exercise look into buying a training mace or find some information on Gada training.

>this faggot wants to Roleplay as his favorite world of warcraft character

Look at this idiot, look at this idiot and laugh

Why not just run around with a heavy stick pretending it was a sword? That's what I did as a kid. Not sure it's allowed in the UK though?

Jokes on you , my favorite WOW character is Guldan

Well you mostly build strength by doing general strength training. Otherwise you'll end up with one gigantic arm and one tiny arm. So using it as a form of workout is just retarded. You use the sword to train techniques, you need muscles to do it.

Find a HEMA club and learn longsword or sword and buckler or something if you want to learn sword techniques though. But if a sandnigger with an AK shoots you it won't do you any good. Don't expect sword skill to be good in any practical scenario. Fun as hell though.

You practice with blunt swords unless you're an idiot.

>happening ensues
>riots, shortages of basic necessities force people into organizing gangs to survive
>Britain turns into a typical cyberpunk "lolbertarian's paradise" shithole
>...
>Trafalgar Square. shit's about to go down between Sons of Nile african gang and their sworn indian adversaries, The Street Dumpers
>both have 100+ men armed with bicycle chains, bicycle wheels and bicycle rudders
>a keen eye may even be able to discern a couple of seasoned veterans wielding butter knifes
>suddenly a lone britcuck appears between the two hordes
>unsheathes his practice sword
>teleports behind every gangbanger
>nothin personnel kid

Probably be better off learning to use a spear/polearm.

get one of these OP.

Gonna go far more damage than a sword, and good luck ever banning it.

Get a crossbow

we dont have the luxury of easy to get guns m8

all we have is swords and crossbows...yeah its gay as fuck but its better than nothing

you laugh at him for this...yet you would laugh if a happening happened and he had done zero training or preparation

get from off your fucking ivory tower you daft cunt

bin that sword

save a lord

Go to a home-depot type store and buy a 800g or 600g axe. Train with it.

I've been doing it, it's harder than it looks, and it's very good to build arm and grip strength.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Wc0XHGnXZ4

Bro you live in UK you will get 5 years mandatory for having a shovel. They will literally make you convert to Islam if you get caught with a practice sword.

EVEN THOUGH YOUR BORED YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT SWORD

I got a portable liquid flamethrower

If thats the case instead of laughing you should be praising since he would actually put effort into it unlike the unwashed masses, that just put on some similar clothing and think they look as the character.

Post a link to the item, OP. I want one too.

Get an English Rapier.

anyone knows where to find a sharp sword that actually can be used?.
i dont mean awesome looking shit that will immediately break because its just decoration...

Sons of Nile and Street Dumpers hahahaha

It's my Bday today and you made me laugh. Ty.

buy a base ball bat and drill 3 holes in it towards the top . drill some holes in some good dense wood and both it to the bat

when you get use to that use some steel plates if you can find some

I laughed russia-bro thank you.

I've bought a set of dumb-bells , kettle-bells and a chin up bar so I think I'll be getting a decent all round work-out.

UK , most I can hope for is something that can best case scenario break a couple of ribs

bolt

Cold Steel makes some decent, cheap swords
I think there is a site called kult of athena or some shit like that as well that sells 'battle ready' swords, maces and everything in between.
Honestly though a cheap machete from a garden supply store would be cheapest and best quality

Shouldn't you be training with a more traditional British weapon, OP?

I keep one by my beside.
Cheap and effective

Tesco do some decent sporks just make sure your license is up to date

Regenyei are pretty good quality for a good price. They're one of the most common sparring swords here in europe and they last for a long time. There are custom versions that are sharp. You'll have to shell out like 200 euro but you'll get a pretty good sword.

regenyei.com/en_blunts_custom.php

thanks.
already have a machete, but was looking for a sword...

Did you hear that open-carry spoons might soon be a possibility ?

Get the cold steel training sword, if you need it heavier tape small sand bags to it

Get a crossbow and hit the gym you faggot

buy a gun

What's funny about that image is that incest is much higher among mexicans and blacks

Fucking hell m8 just kill yourself, seriously.

>that fucking klingon thing
Too bad he doesn't sell polearms.

Sledgehammer and a tire you stupid weeb

theres this channel that reviews weapons and tells the prices too
youtube.com/watch?v=0D0R_DJhCW4
theres this mace of 85 USD and there was a 100$ sword but i could not find the video
youtube.com/watch?v=bOGslQWBgKc

Look for reenactment swords.those aren't going to break on you after hitting something hard.
wulflund.com/weapons/

>Cold Steel makes some decent, cheap swords
No they do not. Their products are both overpriced for the quality, and way too heavy compared to what they should be.

If you want a good sword then don't buy second-rate budget shit. If you're buying weapons that your life could depend on, then get the best quality. Something like Albion Swords would be a safe bet, for example.

> pixelated to hell

> MemeCenter.com

>pic
wat

Damn that's actually baller af

*citation needed*

Besides, that image is only meant to be taken as a joke, so there is no reason for it to be statistically accurate.

> asking for European sword.

> weeb

We've been using traditional weapons to deal with criminals since we have commie gun-control laws.

lavoz.com.ar/sucesos/cosquin-joven-hirio-de-un-flechazo-un-ladron-que-ingreso-su-casa

>teenager injuries theft who broke into his house using a bow as weapon.

knowledgeglue.com/man-uses-katana-stop-home-invasion-gory-aftermath-nsfw/

>guy uses katana against thefts

>strength training using a sword

lel, what do you think this is, Berserk? You don't get brolic by just waving a sword up and down.

Buy some plates, a barbell, and a squat stand.

And if you want a sword for the happening, don't fall for any memes. Katanas are shit weapons. Claymores and greatswords are just memery. Get a fucking longsword.

Or preferably a rifle (with a bayonet if you want) but I understand you're a bong, so yeah.

Well I've only bought their cutlass in terms of 'expensive' stuff, but their cheap stuff is even better
pic related, the knife was about $20 and the club $35
Put them through hell and they are still deadly weapons. Also used the club to remove carrot from my garden

>man-uses-katana-stop-home-invasion-gory-aftermath-nsfw/

Looking at , bastard swords imo

well you cant use meme swords without strenght
youtube.com/watch?v=3IKP8pLr8Wg
youtube.com/watch?v=MPqj6WaTFOE
youtube.com/watch?v=8Nwh8yWh5WU

Just this last week been planin on haven this custom made but with slightly diff designs. Overall same feel as this. Met a blacksmith at a booth just got to get the steel for it. Will love to obliterate some nigs during a chimpout with one

Jesus that knife is terrible quality and the club not much better.

If you want a well rounded sword that can be used for thrusting, slicing, and bashing, get an English longsword.

If you want something that will teach you control of cutting and balance, get a kilij (Vlad the Impaler had one). It's shit for anything else.

If you want something that does an incredible amount of cutting damage like a kilij but also can't be used for anything else, get a Khopesh.

I honestly think you'd be better with an English longsword. failing that, work your way up from the Gladius and the Spatha.

Training the proper muscles with a sword will focus particular muscles, especially in the forearms, shoulders, and wrists, but not so much elsewhere.

That said, worrying about strength training is stupid, martial skill and stamina is more important than raw strength.

>And if you want a sword for the happening, don't fall for any memes. Katanas are shit weapons.
Except you're fucking wrong. They're just fine.

>Claymores and greatswords are just memery.
Wrong again. In the right context they would be completely ideal weapons, it's just a very specific context required.

>Get a fucking longsword.
A claymore IS a longsword...

Also why would you recommend a two-handed sword of any kind when a more compact sword would be generally more useful in a modern context?

Also to clarify, I am not OP.

Bastard sword is good too. The distinction between longsword and bastard sword is pretty arbitrary

Are you that fat guy from /k/ that posted those dead small critters he clubed

Well you get what you pay for
desu though it's payed for itself several times over

Get a cold steel short assegai, the benefits of a spear and sword while being inexpensive

It would work well with a round riot shield

For the arm strength do the crow stance and try to walk in handstand.

Theknightshop is pretty decent, just don't buy the cheap shit.

Bastard swords are ok but really there's very little between them and a longsword except a longsword will be balanced better (they are made for sparring whilst bastard swords are usually collectors and shift teh weight towards the hilt which is bad for beginners).

Focus on compound exercises rather than isolating certain muscles. Do more dead lifts and pull ups than bicep curls.

Do you have the pic with the groundhog? Phone died and lost it.
Yeah that was me.

claymores are not longswords.

OP here

I mentioned before that I'll also be doing some basic strength exercises and the sword will just be to get used to swinging something around.

I was a competitive swimmer in high school so I think I'm decent on stamina.

Got mine at darksword armory. Love it, good quality hand forged sharp as fuck and only a four hundred. Prices vary

Are you literally retarded or are you thinking of the scottish basket-hilted sword? A claymore is a longsword. It handles similarly to other longswords, is used the same way as other longswords, is of comparable weight and dimensions to other longswords, and can be used one-handed.

It's a fucking longsword.

Right. Like saying a butter knifes a steak knife

Use a wooden sword that weighs twice what its real counterpart weighs. Once you've become accustomed to swinging something that heavy really well you'll excel with a real one in your hand. I wish you good fortune in your future combative endeavors user

The wood looks pretty soft for a club and should preferably be well oiled. The spike could probably use a rib to strengthen it but obviously its not hitting plate so its fine. I get where you're coming from but my point is its by no means good work and any amateur coudl do better. Friend of mine works a laithe and has done all kinds of really ornate batons for police shows and the army.

This thread is cancer. The "superior" sword type doesn't mean shit if he doesn't know how to use it. Pick a sword that you can learn how to fight with by joining a fencing club. The skills are generally applicable to other swords if they're the same style. Otherwise you'll end up like the retard in the swedish school stabbing who could do little damage before getting gunned down.

Focus on learning how to fight rather than which 1337 s7y13 b14d3 to buy.

Battle ready cat.

For once somebody besides me in this thread is actually correct.

Quickness>Strength user. Practice with something nimble, and work to understand that quickness is different then strength and can be learned. If you can control your hips, abs and shoulders you can develop a tremendous amount of quickness and it gives you a huge advantage.

The importance of footwork should also not be understated, either.

lol fucking trollhättan and its shenanigans

Its made of some kind of new fangled plastic, other than the steel spike. Only trouble it would have is in extreme temps I believe.
Anyway, for $30 you can't really go wrong, and its easily capable of piercing plate
youtube.com/watch?v=EtqOiKUcT_Q

It's not the kind of thing your NEET ass can just download off Amazon.

I have friend (older guy) whose teenage daughters had swords forged for them via some neckbeard they met at a Ren fair. Real deal, historically accurate (whatever that means, I'm not a sword expert), sharp edges, etc. I saw some videos of them slicing and hacking pumpkins last fall.

Absolutely correct. Many people don't realize though that footwork comes from tightness in the hips, and lightness of the feet. EVERYTHING is core oriented first. If a person can get control of that everything else comes far easier.

Also I meant that quickness is different than speed.

underrated

I know some basic boxing foot-work and can shadow box decently. Does this carry over to sword work or completely different ?

I've been using a bastard sword +10 with lightning infusion for my PvE build. Great weapon

albion-swords.com/

It does carry over, actually. Footwork between various martial arts, even sport derivations like boxing, is remarkably similar.

That said, there are some differences and it's important to learn them.

>its not the kind of thing your neet ass can just download off amazon
Bitch I bought bullet proof lvl 4 ceramic plates off amazon, as well as swords
Good on your for supporting local businesses tho

any books/videos I could bookmark ?

I smashed so many broom handles as a kid, my elbow still clicks, shit was cash.

>upper arm strength for a sword
>not lats, shoulders and core
this is going to be long journey my friend

Swords wont last you long, they need proper treatment and you won't be able to treat it properly incase of a happening. But if you need a weapon that you will be able to treat properly either go for a great katana, all weeb jokes aside, a good katana can cut deep wounds easily, the thing is you'll need proper training, or a lance, but you'll also need proper training. Lances can keep people away from you while giving you a chance to strike. Otherwise a wooden club would be alright, cheap and easy to make, but it's pretty previsible and easy to counter. You can rely on your fists too. Best bet would be a fucking gun

Get the two-handed sword from cold steel and train it one-handed.

The practice sword is best, but if you want HEMA quality, then shop around

Shoulders and grip, senpai

They no longer make this model, but they have a similar one.

It's very inexpensive, and if you just want something to train with-it's great.

Their war-hammers are too light for conventional training, so get a heavy sledge.

Underrated as fuck

>what is cosplaying
OP is gonna wield a sword and have the functional strength to use it

>I wanna defend Europa from The Happening with traditional swordsmanship

I like /pol/ too but come on.