Whats that 1 exercise you have a love/hate relationship, Veeky Forums?

for me its the bench press.. fucking hate it but i cant stop doing it no matter what

squat. it's like my body was not meant to do this movement with weight on me.

This

Fucking squats.

I love it when I have good form on heavy squats. I hate the DOMS so much. I did legs Friday, and they're still a little sore.

squat

I love doing them once I'm thru the warmups and the feeling and soreness after.
But I procastinate and find excuses to avoid them and delay squat day. It's just so hard mentally.

Squats

I could never stop, but the 24 hours before I have to squat are filled with dread.

Squats.

My right knee is fucked up and I can't progress on squats past 2 plates without horrible pain.

leg doms are hhhhhhhhng

chin ups.
I love em, but they're really hard to do.

Lunges, fucking lunges

I was not meant to do lunges I tell you!

shut up mongrell we're having a shit talk about squats here

Bench press, I feel like one of my arms is slightly longer and it all feels awkward.

>tfw stuck at 120 lbs

>24 hours before I have to squat are filled with dread
this so much

squats
I think I came close to crying once when reaching my last set.

Bench, I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it.

I just deloaded because I got stuck on it again, and now my OHP working sets are more than my bench.

fucking SQUATS man.

does anyone else here run out of breath mid-set? feels like im fucking dying man.

OHP. I know that I'm supposed to do them, but I hate how slow my progress is on them as opposed to other lifts.

been there

now when it happens -usually near my max- I just down the reps per set but add more sets so the total number of reps performed stays roughly the same.
Need to catch breath up.

Dick wiggles. I love the feeling, but feel silly doing them at the gym.

Leg exercises like squats and deadlifts. I love lifting with my legs and getting them stronger. but i have scoliosis and leg exercises mean lower back exercises. anytime i try and do them, i hurt my lower back. had to quit doing deadlifts because of this. i can still squat if im super careful tho.

Probably weighted lunges. They give me so many ass and quad gainz, but I feel like my legs are gonna pop when I do them

The Press™

My other lifts are consistent. Just not The Press™

Deadlifts. I finally stopped doing them once I hit age 30. Known too many guys who ruined their backs for life doing em.

inb4 samefagging
jesus christ

Ohp. I can never find the right rack for this and feel super awkward when I use power rack. I love doing it tho. Makes me feel like a big man.

Squats, seriously though.

My bench is close to surpassing my squat.

Fucking bent over rows I hate them so much

if by hate you mean "makes me feel like i'm about to pass out after every set and i can never tell if i've thrown out my back or if i just did it very, very right," then good mornings.

actually i love all of that. ngl

31 here and I just started doing deadlifts, am I gonna die?

I can't stand the build up to squats. You know they're going to be awful, but once you get them done they're great. Everything else may be a cunt to progress on, but at least they're manageable.

just be careful, like really fucking careful

30 is still young

Squats, but only because my shoulder mobility is still complete shit after months of doing them. The first set is ridiculously painful trying to get my hands up on the bar when it's on my back. I do a shitton of shoulder dislocates at the beginning of every gym visit but it doesn't seem to help.

samefag are you kidding me? squatting is one of the most basic movements. toddlers who can walk do perfect squats when picking things up like inflatable balls.

It seems to change between the big lifts like two times a week

OHP.

It was a punch to the crotch just how low of a weight I started out with and a constant barrage of crotch punches at how slow progress is.

Honestly it wouldn't be anymore humiliating if the bar laughed at me and called me a faggot every time I lock out.

But I can't stop, I won't stop, I won't let some fucking pieces of metal best me.

doesn't mean i have to enjoy doing them though, does it?

How much do you OHP now? I stalled at 40kg (90lb) but I've slowly made progress since then

Samefag

Is OHP notoriously hard for most people? I don't have amazing shoulder genetics but they're by no means bad, but I seem to be adding about 2.5kg (5.5lb) every 3 months. I can OHP 1 plate finally for reps now.

Dead lift
I fucking love it but i got that alligator body type so its fucking difficult as hell to get clean reps traditional style

should be able to ohp more than you bench.

>alligator body type
describe this

W R O N G
R
O
N
G

As I enter month three as my journey from fat as fatass to Veeky Forums I can do 105 3x5 pretty comfortably but I'll admit there's some wobble in the last rep or two.

I didn't even attempt the ohp until week fourish and 75 was kicking my ass, it was humiliating.

But I also won't lie there's been some hiccups starting a new job stalled me for a bit.

What's your lift technique? I also really keep an eye on my stance because it's so easy to lean waaaay into it or just get sloppy in general more than any other lift.

Short limbs, rectangular body, protruding spine, scales.

Leg day memes are stupid, please delete it

Maybe it's just me, I was genuinely surprised.

Because I'll admit in a fatass but like fridge mode so I look like a line backer fatass not a jello mold.

People always go "should've played college ball nyuk nyuk nyuk" and yeah there's some muscle under the flab.

But my shoulders were just embarrassingly under developed compared to my starting point from everything else.

oh shit those guys. well shit i don't know what to tellya.

squats, fuck every single one of you bragging about how you hate them, but all of you still do them

I fucking love OHP, but my left shoulder always cracks/pops whenever I do it. Its started to hurt so I took it easy and started to check my form and improve mobility but nothing has seemed to help

squats

I stalled at 40, then again at 42.5, then again at 45, and now again 47.5

i'm gonna start doing a lot more strength work like sets of 3 so i can build up to doing sets of 5

Clean.
I hate it because i suck at it and it is hard.

I love it because it is fun and badass.

The klokov instructionsl video really helped me feel like i have learned the movement pattern, as i was able to rack up as much weight as I could front squat, but i got a bruise in my thigh from slamming the bar into my leg, which makes me feel like it is wrong, but i could just be a little rbitch

what can i do to reach alligator mode Veeky Forums?

>all these fucking dyels who don't know how to squat

Long torso x1
Short arms x2

It's some fucking tendon
I can't fucking do OHP with a bar anymore.

Only way my shoulder doesn't shit itself is with low weight dumbbells, high reps.

Do dumbell bench.

Do split squats or step ups with dumbells.

Do rock climbing instead.

Do goblet squats.

Do dips or weighted push ups.

Increase volume and reduce weight.

Do hill sprints and jumps.

Do hyperextensions.

Rest is just the same anyway.

My form probably isn't great to be honest, but I try to improve it every time. My grip to begin with was way too wide which didn't help, I had it the same width as my squat grip

Pendlay Row, holy fuck I hate the exercise, especially in proper form. But one thing for sure, my back would feel awesome after doing it.

No. Most people just have no form. Even powerlifters don't.

i can do 95lbs for 3x5 and im in terrible shape.

Those of you who hat squats use the leg press, you're actually getting more out of it and you aren't very likely to screw up your back.
Those who fear the bench grab some dumbbells and do bumbell press, better for your shoulders

deadlift
I've been stuck at 485 for fucking months and can't progress for fucking shit.

>amazing shoulder genetics
>stack 2.5kg every 3 months

It's like you don't want to progress in life.

I love OHP
I started with 55 kg practically (at 78 or something bw) and now I'm close to 1 rep maxing 70 kg at the same weight

My squat is ridiculously bad because I don't have a rack and press the weight onto my back to do them

Squats, no matter how fucking hard i try i can never get my form right. I always end up either hurting my back, or my knees.

I feel you brah
Started doing lateral and front raises every workout now. Hopefully it'll help.

Deadlifts.

>Tfw stubby t. Rex arms and can't diddly as much as I should.

this, am skelly but can't do more than 10 (yet).

ditto. i have this nagging constant fear that i'm going to fail and either maim myself, or make a complete ass out of myself.

>perma stalled at 2pl8.
>not worried about it because i already have tree-trunk legs.

LOVE
>Chin-ups
>Squats
>anything with kicking
>bridges, supermans

HATE:
>Fifer scissors
>Fifer scissors
>Fifer scissors
>Military pushups
>Fifer scissors

rows

for some reason I don't like doing them

my fav exercise is OHP and my least fav is dumbbell bench cause my technique is so off

rippletits pls go

Gonna have to say squats, I spend the entire time thinking my knees are going to blow out leaving me a cripple. Still do them every week though