/OWG/ everyone gets BANNED edition

>5 olympic champions from 2008/2012 olympic games test positive in retests

>yfw torihkity, lu, ilya, and everyone who matters in this shitty sport gets popped

it's over lads

allthingsgym.com/retests-olympic-doping-samples/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fmahiN4QkHc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_at_the_Olympic_Games
instagram.com/p/BGE8JC8pfwh/
youtube.com/watch?v=rF1RX8ETLIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well yeah. It's weightlifting. No one who competes and is successful at that level is natty. It's the nature of the sport bro

OH WOW PEOPLE IN THE TOP 1% OF A SPORT ARE ON ROIDS?

>torihkity
>matters in this shitty sport

lolmao he only became a meme because he started copying klokov

Any tips on wrist and elbow mobility for Olympic front squats? Stretches, foam rolling?

if Lu gets popped it will be the saddest thing ever

I want to protect that smile

youtube.com/watch?v=fmahiN4QkHc

Look how happy he is. I don't think he will though. He's been tested so many times.

>torihkity
>mattering to the sport

Weightlifting will be dropped from the Olympics because of this

The olympic committee has wanted to drop wl for a more popular sport for a long time, now they finally have an excuse.

RIP lol

>inb4 powerlifting is put in the olympics

>popular sport for a long time,

but it is getting popular now, there's been a shit ton of doping scandals throughout wl history and they couldnt drop it

worst thing they'll re shuffle the weight classes again lol

Weightlifting is already on notice from the IOC because of all the doping. Having a sport where all of the major stars are caught using makes the Olympics look like shit

If this report is true they absolutely will take weightlifting out of the Games after Rio

Relax. It's probably going to be the womens team

nobody cares about those cucks

>because of all the doping

majority of the olympic games there's more wl busts than any other sports but they haven't been dropped lmao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_at_the_Olympic_Games

i am posting my wl waifus

pls do not save

sprinting is easily one of the most popular olympic sports and thats always had champions fail roid tests

they wont 'absolutely' do anything of the sort, weightliftings been picking up steam ever since crossfit started. it draws a big crowd, has a big internet following and is starting to produce sport celebrities like never before.

who dis? never seen anyone pause at the bottom of the dip before

>never seen anyone pause at the bottom of the dip before

because you dont actually lift

is mary

Wow she is lightnen fast

started w new coach td
program looks solid, a lot more volume than im used to which is probably a good thing
emphasis on squats and heavy singles
have 3 weeks for now should b guud

>emphasis on heavy singles

good u need it

Who this? Shes the spitting image of my friend

my sister

How can an Olympic champion be a copy of someone with 0 (zero) Olympic golds?

Klokov was the 1st to make popular wl videos, cunt

Klokov would eat torokhtiy total if they compete against each other right no at 105 I bet my fucking dick

you would bet your dick, it's not like you ever use it

not ur friend

So he not allowed to make videos because Klokov did it first? Should hook grip stop because iron mind did it first too?
Torokhtiy did clean and jerk of 230kg recently. I seriously doubt Klokov could cut to 105 and beat him right now.

>sport

>Torokhtiy did clean and jerk of 230kg recently.

yeah at a meet where he had to take an extra attempt to hit it

>I seriously doubt Klokov could cut to 105 and beat him right now.

they both weigh 110

Aramnau tested positive.

Klokov now has a gold medal, Lapikov silver, and Dolega bronze.

I'm calling it.
Klokov is now the natty overlord.

Nothing more pure than Asian smiles.

Liao Hui gets banned for life.

Lu gets banned from Rio and retires.

Ilya will pass as natty in 2008 and get popped in 2012.

Everyone laughed when Klokov and Akkayev skipped 2012. I guess they will have the final laugh.
Though I'm sure that looking back, they would prefer to have participated and have it recoded for eternity, even if they did get popped. Their carrer was over after that anyways, might as well had put on a show.

In a few years, eventually, no one will care about drugs in sports anymore. But for now, we revel in the dark age of weightlifting.

>Klokov is now the natty overlord.

>In this case of doping have been convicted of five Olympic champions - the four winners of the Games in London and one in Beijing champion.

Sounds like Aramnau might have passed it again, only one champion popped in 2008. Though that still might be him, or worse, Liao... Would Liao get banned for life now? He was already punished for doping in 2010, and this (2008 olympics) happened before. Will they consider that he has already served his time, or will he get punished again?

Worrying about Lu and Ilya though. Four champions from 2012 popped. UGH

kim un guk was olympic champion and also tested positive at 2015 wwc so it wouldn't be suprising if he came up positive, you guys seem to be assuming its all men too, which is unlikely.

also until anything is officially published by iwf or whoever this is just rumours

Yes, it's a total of 15 champions per year.
Considering only one has allegedly popped in 2008, chances are we don't have much to worry about there.

But 5 champions have allegedly popped in 2012.
That is a pretty big reason to start worrying about some of the big names.

And they might still not be over with the retests. So we might have more bad news to come.

Still probably gonna take quite a while for the IWF to publish anything official with names.

How would you describe Toshiki's proportions/femur?

Why does he squat so wide? What kind of build is that useful for?

I find it really weird the way you say 'they popped' as if it's a balloon. It's 'they got popped'.

I know English is your second language tho so I will let u off ;^)

Anything I can do to get comfortable catching lower in a clean?

git gud

oh ok, thanks user :)

Rostami made 175/220 at the IWF Grand Prix and set the new world record and total equal to tian Tao national record 395.

Rostami world record. instagram.com/p/BGE8JC8pfwh/ Iranian cucks giving the down signal too early

>Start to practise front squat
>Have regular pulsating feel around the prostate area
W-what's going on h-haha

christ that lighting

tfw user posts my wl waifu. GOOD TASTE

Klokov walks around no heavier than 110. Usually 108

Rostami will lose because he can't snatch over 175 at the Olympics and Tao is going to be out for blood because someone took his world record he's been trying to get

I hope it's not ilya. I would miss his stupid down syndrome smile

Hey, she makes the same face as you, gommi.

What's 'uncomfortable'?

it's not the same face but she does make weird faces

Rostami is going to get busted for doping 10/10

Pendlay has some good stretching videos, also I pull my hands back (not too hard) to stretch out my wrists for about 20-30sec a few times a day

>Replied to the wrong post oopsies. Pendlay has some good stretching videos, also I pull my hands back (not too hard) to stretch out my wrists for about 20-30sec a few times a day

i would be willing to bet that none of the chinese are getting caught from the 4 champions from the 2012 games

kazakh and north koreans have recently been caught so my line of thinking is that they are more likely to prioritise retesting those countries first

also rostami is definitely getting caught this year after that 220

Ye p much
We chinese are not cucks like the russians

fuck off deliugieugueieuiegui

D:

Why is hang snatch from below the knee so much harder than from the floor or above the knee?! Fuck my life.

it's to do with getting your knees out of the way properly
it feels more natural moving them out of the way from the floor but not from the hang

good exercise

dont mind me just passin thru

sorry x

>i would be willing to bet that none of the chinese are getting caught from the 4 champions from the 2012 games

Yeah that never happened before

right?

right?

right?

... oh wait

read my explanation

i'm not saying it's impossible the chinese are getting caught, just more likely that the north koreans and the kazakhs are who they are currently talking about

I really laboured through them today, when I finally stopped over thinking it they got better. I had them programmed with 80% of best full snatch, you reckon it might be worth lowering it slightly to focus on getting the movement correct?

>yfw torihkity, lu, ilya, and everyone who matters in this shitty sport gets popped

How is this surprising in any way? Everyone already knew these guys were roided, this is just official confirmation asserting the facts. Honestly I'm sick of how roided everyone is in this sport, not really because they roid, but because they make the barrier of entry for everyone else who doesn't way higher. Simply put, you cannot compete on this level unless you roid.

just make sure it's hard enough that you have to focus on technique, if you're still getting the sets and reps 80% sounds about right

they take a little bit of getting used to in my experience

No names yet senpai, we don't know who got popped and who didn't.

Oh well

Welcome to literally any sport that can greatly improve by steroid use since the 1960's. Don't be delusional. If a top guy lifts 210kg using steroids there is not gonna be a natty lifting anything even close to that weight.

I know, I know. Still, it just kinda feels shitty that everyone at this level is probably on tons of steroids. I don't mind steroid users, it's just when this gets passed as 'tested lifting' when most if not all athletes get popped constantly is just embarrassing. Oh well though, that's the state of sports in general nowadays.

steiner pls be clean

Can any of you guys help me figure out why my setup is so shit?

If I press say a 40kg bar overhead and place it on my back, my upper back is nice and tight, traps are flexed and raised up as a shelf.

When I setup from stands, I can't seem to flex and raise my traps at all? They just stay flat?

Anyone know why?

Well at 80% some feel good, some terrible. I seem to catch them high (a problem I have with all snatches desu) and they feel alot slower than from the floor

That said, while they sucked, I can make it through the reps, I not missing every other one or anything

Literally just retract your scapulae.

Hm, maybe I'm not pulling back enough in my setup.

what bitch

Rostami is a pussy ass nigga. He did the world records in this shit skin haiji only meet because he knows he won't be able to hit even close to it on the Olympic podium. Punk made bitch

inb4 rostami turns up roided to the gills, CJs 225 and is immediately tested and banned

The apti and okoluv nuthuggers are so annoying. They honestly believe they can snatch anything over 175. Rostami is going to get popped for this world record though. Watch. It politic

If dubs ilya is cucked out of 4 olympic golds

If dubs deliuge is cucked out of totaling over 100kg

if he gets banned and has his medals taken it's gonna be one of the biggest controversies ever in this sport
also i reckon he is definitely on the list; it says in one of the sources 1 champion from 2008 has been caught, and (i think) he is the only champion left still competing

it's possible they just re-did them all and they're gonna pop people after their retirements but it seems more likely for them to test actively competing lifters

When you guys squat, you know when you are at the bottom and you pull your hips forward towards your feet to get more upright and forward knee...

What is that doing? What part of my mobility is lacking there or why can't I stay like that. I have to actively push my hips forward?

probably ankles and maybe hips
took me quite a long time to be able to do it properly

Aw sweet

Yeh like some days I can do it and other days I can't even though I stretch a lot etc but its like I can't do it at all sometimes and my ankles seem like they are stretched/mobilised but they dont move in a barbell squat?

I'm not sure if its a mobility issue or something I should practice?

LU IS GOING TO GET BANNED???? WTF.

possibly

bit of both really. also you probably need to get stronger in that specific position, it will come with time and mobility work

Low chance. Lu is the most popular weightlifter by a large margin. He's the face of Olympic weightlifting. The very definition. It's all politics. They won't ban him

while i can agree with that reasoning i still think ilya is on the list, and he's arguably as big of a name

Is it ok to continue squatting as I am right now and progressing while working on mobility or should I just stop all together?

He is but everyone suspects him of drugs unlike lu who trains year around with little to no breaks. Ilya does random training cycles where he increased his CJ from 170kg to 246kg in two months.

just continue as you were, dont worry about it too much for now

It's around 112-114 currently.
youtube.com/watch?v=rF1RX8ETLIk
(at 1:10)

CROSSFIT WHEN
ROSSFIT WHEN
OSSFIT WHEN
SSFIT WHEN
S
F
I
T