This is a bloke from /r9k/ who was lifting for 3 years straight

This is a bloke from /r9k/ who was lifting for 3 years straight.

What did he do wrong Veeky Forums? So I can avoid it in the future?

Eat well

looks good, don't think he did anything wrong

he never found gf

probably did a low-volume strength routine without any other kind of physical exercise. Diet might have been shit too.

Looks pretty good. He just needs to cut.

He didn't do anything wrong, he just didn't use the right tools to get the kind of job he wanted done.

He fell for the following memes

>"You don't need much volume as a natty"
>"You need to bulk eat a lot of food to gain muscle as a natty"
>"You need to focus only on strength as a natty"
>"High reps are pointless for a natty"
>"Brosplits are pointless for a natty"
>"Cardio kills gains"

So what does he need to do?

1. Starting implementing higher rep sets and cut back on the lower rep training
2. Increase total volume by at least double, this added volume should be done in the 8-15 rep range (Basically, get on a bro-split, it's the only way this will work)
3. Stop bulking, NEVER BULK again, NO MORE BULKING.
4. Start doing daily cardio (at least 30min walking everyday, 7 days a week)
5. Start TRACKING MACROS, yes IIFYM actually works 100% to the T.

Macros are extremely important, calories can't be too high, but also not too low. They must be at a point where you will at the very least maintain strength, while still slowly losing bodyfat. This way of cutting can take 6-12 months, but the long way is definitely the best way, especially as a natty.

If he follows this advice and stops bullshitting around with his "gotta eat big hurrr" and "muh natties only respond to strength training" memes, then he'll literally transform.
This is brought to you by me, a guy who fucked about listening to Veeky Forums for years on end going nowhere, who fixed it all by doing the above.

Sorry newfag here but what is
>volume
>bro-splits

And why is counting macro's important? No b8 if it's a stupid question.

Ignore this, just eat big to get big.

Nigger i look like that and i started in january

Post pic of self, fgt. I need it for my "smug DYELs who think they can get big pushing 3x10 babbyweight" folder

>5 sets of bench split up into 3 sessions over the course of a week that totals 15 sets is the same as doing 15 sets for chest in 1 session.

This stops being true for anyone whose been lifting longer than 6 months

Volume is setsxrepsxweights.
Brosplits are for nogains dyels and people whio ave been lifting for at least a year

If you go above 6 reps on your "working sets" for heavy compounds, you should rethink your life

this. guys looks buff as fuck. just needs to cut

Veeky Forumstards cant judge bodys unless its 5% BF

So many normies who dont lift have this level of musculature, and at a similar bf%

this. I like the Veeky Forums community but id say about 60% just have no idea at all

read the sticky

5'7
88kg
583kg total
natty
no pump
bro-split with 1 x weekly frequency

Monday = Chest/Arms (Flat Bench) + Incline/Dips + Skullcrushes/HammerCurls

Tuesday = Quads/Calves (Back Squat) + Front Squats + Standing/Seated Calf raises

Thursday = Shoulders/Traps (Strict OHP) + Shrugs + Side Delts/Rear Delts and some high volume Behind the neck pressing

Friday or Saturday morning = Back / Glutes & Hamstrings (Conventional Deadlift) + Assorted wide/close grip Pullups/Chinups + Rows + Stiff legs + Glute Ham raises

You're not 88kg mate

Lol ur small dude.

Here's me back in March 2015 at 78kg, never having done a bro-split before, sticking to normal training methods with high frequency, like Full body & PPL.

Since starting a bro-split in the last year, I've made a noticeable amount of gains, especially in my arms. My arms were like 14.5 inches. Since getting on a bro-split and actually training arms properly now they're nearly 17 inches without pump now at 88kg.

I'm 10 days into my new cut now, will be continue to cut slowly and will post updates of my gains doing a bro-split for a year when I lean down again.

I bet you think Matt Ogus is natty.

Manlet

not any of these guys but- 5'7 88kg and a reasonably low bf should look staunch as fuck. obviously lifts and looks decent but those stats dont seem right.

So you've out 10kg of lean muscle on? Ok mate.
You're still not 88kg

To avoid sounding like Jason Blaha, the camera doesn't pick up what I see in real life. I guess it's the same for most people.

There's a competitive bodybuilder at my gym who one day had his pics put up on the walls at the gym after winning a competition, for some reason he looked a lot worse in the pics than he did when I've seen him in person, like seriously worse. The pics don't pick up all the fine details and didn't do him any justice whatsoever.

I used the other guy as a example, as to not appear like I have some type of self-image body dismorphia, this example is based on another person. This isn't he only example I can give either. There was another guy at my gym (doesn't compete) but he got fucking SHREDDED to the bone. I took pics for him, and when I looked at the pics, it was like a disappointment, they didn't do him any justice at all, the pictures simply didn't not pick up the majority of his striations all over his body. I guess it might have been the lighting or whatever.

It's the same with even IFBB guys. I think Jerry Ward (YouTuber) said it best, the guys at the Olympia look 10x more shredded and muscular in person, than they appear on camera, so unless you're there in person at the Olympia and up close, you can't judge who won by pictures because it just doesn't show the reality.

>does the opposite of what /fat/ says
>makes mad gains
>Veeky Forums becomes mad af and escapes into a make-believe world where they make up shit about him
You did everything right, bro. Godspeed.

youre 100% right with the photos. im 6'4 190lbs and my photos dont do me any justice but I easily have one of the better bodies in my gym.
Post current body pic?

Thanks man.

What's funny is that I did listen to this place for so long. Everyone talking about how frequency is so important, and how you only need to do a few sets for every bodypart to stimulate growth. I use to follow that advice for so long.

All while everyone else at my gym (both natty & enhanced) were doing high volume brosplits and making better gains than me. Soon as the start doing what they all do (at my gym) i instantly begin to improve and gain more muscle.

Veeky Forums will come up with anything to say Im wrong though. They know me and my history of lifting better than I know myself, apparently.

Here's the rules on photos.

1. They look much better in person
2. They look much worse in person

Better would be when someone else as taken a photo of them and made them look worse, or the quality of the camera can't pick up all the fine details.

Worse would be when someone who looks like shit has gone out of there way to align the stars and take a perfect picture of themselves in the best possible lighting at the best possible angle.

I can post a picture of myself in 10 different places in my house and get 10 different looking bodies, that said, I'd rather show you my physique in real life.

Fucking robots can't do anything right.

SS + GOMAD

he's looking great, he just needs to cut.

nothing really, nigga just needs to cut

Omar Isuf is a perfect example of how you will look on a low volume high frequency routine as a natty.

He is so caught up in the science of frequency that he refuses to try a high volume low frequency routine. And he wonders why he always losing muscle on a cut, and why its been near impossible for him to make any actual muscle gains. It's why he always ends up going back to strength training. He likes strength training because that works best with higher frequency. He eats up all the "natty training" science memes and then takes that approach and adds it into bodybuilding, disregarding high volume - low frequency training as being just some stupid shit that only works for drugged out lifters.

Pic related. In the case, it wouldn't be a lie.......it would be more so, misinformation.

So, you basically built a base on Strength Training and then went on to more adcanced training methods after that.
Good job following Veeky Forums's advice to the point

franly speaking is you want aesthetics, do a bro split, all aesthetic guys in my uni gym do some sort of bro split or PPL, just don't forget to add weight to the bar every now and then

Veeky Forums doesn't say that....

Veeky Forums disregards high volume + low frequency bro-splits all together regardless of the situation.

>"Brosplits are pointless for a natty"

Correct. Brosplits actually offer you less volume that full-body routines. Working your whole body three times a week is more voluminous than working each part once a week. If you work a muscle group to its full extent, there is no point in further working that group that day, anyway.

Why is this so hard to understand?

You'll look fat in normie eyes as long as you don't have a low bodyfat

Doing 15 sets for chest in 1 session stimulants better growth than doing 5 sets per session spread out of 3 sessions.

Why is this so hard to understand?

You guys fall for the "frequency is all that matters for natties" meme way too hard.

You're honestly just being flat out ignorant if you think 15 sets spread out of a week is the same as 15 sets done on a single day.

My results vastly improved doing lots of sets in 1 go opposed to spreading them out over a week, so there's my anecdotal evidence, which is better than your "muh science says" bullshit that rarely ever translates in the real world.

Idiot. I had bigger arms doing push ups.

All that matters is progressive overload. Google muscle bundling workout on Google and you'll get 50 million results. All they agree on is progressive overload. Do whatever workout you like, just implement overload

Yes, that is true. But progressive overload just isn't about adding +1kg to the bar.

There comes a point in time where you need to do more and more sets in order to achieve that overload in a single session. Which is why ultimately everyone ends up on a bro-split with low frequency.

High frequency and low volume only work for so long.

Who the fuck has time do to 15 sets of each exercise?

The thing is, Veeky Forums's advice is aimed at the average guy.

And the average guy just wants to look decent and be strong and healthy.

People who want to be jacked as fuck, or even be competitive bodybuilders are very very few.

And even though many start off thinking "I'm gonna be a big guy", Veeky Forums knows that most will end up settling for "fit, strong and healthy".

And there are also psychological factors.
Why do people stop training after a few weeks? - Because they don't see progress.
What does SS give you? - Progress. You lift a bit more every day. Which motivates you to keep going.

Of course there are retards who do SS for 3 years while "bulking" and not doing cardio.

Of course SS will not make you aesthetic. Which is why you don't do it for years on end. You build a strength base and then graduate to more advanced training.

It's not a black and white issue.
Brosplits are not ideal for beginners, and they're not ideal for natties. That's the way it is.
But low volume training like SS is not ideal either. At least not beyond the first 6 months of training or so.

Most people are best served with a balanced routine that covers frequency, volume and intensity.
3x5 has its place, same as 5x10.

In the end, it's really simple:
The best routine for you is the one which allows you to see progress.
The best routine to see progress is the one you stick to.
The best routine to stick to, is one you enjoy doing.

If you haven't tried it, don't disregard it.

I have done a "brosplit" for almost 2 years, after which I finally started doing what Veeky Forums told me to do.
I wish I had started with SS the day I joined a gym.

Exactly, which is why everyone ends up on a bro-split once their high frequency low volume routine stops working.

High volume + high frequency is not happening for most, because people don't have the time nor stamina.

Which is why bro-splits are so popular.

>Which is why ultimately everyone ends up on a bro-split with low frequency.
I'm the guy you replied to. I may have joined the conversation late and kissed the main arguments etc but I think this is the best workout "routine" for a natty, it's what I do and it's what if advise.

Ate a little too much, focussed a bit too little on arms (or he has a naturally wide torso making arms appear smaller)

What do I do when I want to focus on strength? I do high frequency and low volume training sessions.

What do I do when I want to focus on muscle gain? I do low frequency and high volume training sessions.

I switch between the two every 6 months.

>I wish I had started with SS the day I joined a gym.

True

I've been seriously lifting for only about 3 months and my lifts are already higher than almost everybody at my gym. I can only guess that they chose to do bodybuilding routines straight away instead of going with the responsible decision of forming a strength base.

If you already stronger than everyone at your gym after just 3 months of lifting than you goto a shit fucking gym.

All you fucking autists arguing volume and frequency like there's any hard evidence to prove anything.

The answer to OP's question is:
He looks like like shit for 3 years of lifting because he didn't train hard enough and stick to diet.
Skipping gym, working with the same babby weights, eating junk food, drinking, those are the real culprits, not the rep range, number of sets or periodization. They matter at some point, but if you bust your ass in the gym 3+ times a week and eat healthy, you should look better than that.

breh's is GOMAD the way to go if I want to go from skeleton to tank mode?

>Doing 15 sets for chest in 1 session stimulants better growth than doing 5 sets per session spread out of 3 sessions.
Are you kidding me? Frequency beats volume every single time for a natty.

>Frequency beats volume every single time for a natty.

Enlighten me, o herald of natty bro-gains.

Back/biceps + chest/triceps

or

back/triceps + chest/biceps

? and why?

I do.

>Back/biceps + chest/triceps
Chest works your biceps and doing back activates your biceps

went from 1pl8 to 2pl8 squat in less than 2 months after I started squatting 3 times a week bish
got up to 2pl8 binch after I did the same thing.

I tried both so I speak from experience.

Volume training is a novelty, it's a huge meme started by the last bb generation.

Frequency training is what has been used since the very beginning of weightlifting and it's what worked best for people at the time who were all natty.

I'm going to side with history. You can side with your bb magazines and your shills/fake natties.

>doing traps activates your almonds

Have good genetics or hop on some shit.

> doing almonds activates your test

>Doing 15 sets for chest in 1 session stimulants better growth than doing 5 sets per session spread out of 3 sessions.

No, no it doesn't. If you can do 15 sets for chest in 1 season, this means that you aren't pushing yourself hard enough in most of them. If you want to build endurace that's fine I guess.

>Anecdotal evidence is superior to scientific evidence.

Kill yourself.

This guy is so mad he made another thread with his shitty ass lenin pic.

If all you can do is a few sets for a body-part before not being able to do anymore.......you must have some kind of disability (mental and physical)

Don't sit there telling me you train so hard with your 5 x 5 fucking bench press, that you couldn't possible do another 3 x 10 on incline, and 3 x 15 on dips and 3 x 20 on pec deck and 3 x 20 on machine flys.

What the duck is the point in doing 5x5 bnch and then doing 3x10 incline? Your body doesn't know the difference between flat and incline, just how hard it is working and all you're doing is lowering the weight

>all these mad people
>not just doing a strength routine for a few months so you can do volume work with not babby-tier weights
it's not that hard
also when you're a beginner just do the main lifts + some curls, ab work etc

How dense are you? What he's saying is that if you can still do all this you haven't pushed yourself hard enough. How can you not understand that?

Yep, confirmed for DYEL. It's always DYEls like this giving advice out.

>BRO BUT I DONT NEED TO DO MORE THAN A FEW SETS, INFACT A FEW SETS OF 5 X 5 IS BETTER THAN DOING ALL THAT OTHER WORK LOL, IM GETTING MORE GAINS FOR LESS WORK, HUAR HUAR!!!!!!!!

except you're a delusional blaha tier dyel

That makes no sense whatsoever.

My best fucking sessions are when I work upto a 1RM (340 bench atm). When I do that, I can literally sit there for another hour doing set after set of incline bench at 2 plates for reps non-stop, because of how light it feels compared to what I just did.

Meanwhile you full-body spastics leave the gym after doing 5 sets and think you've given it all. Fucking pathetic.

>full body and 2 days splits == 5 total sets

Sure buddy.

>doesn't support his claim with any evidence, just spouts dyel shit
You know how I know you don't lift

Not him but, yes your body actually does know when you're at an incline or not fagshit.

your ears have all that snail-looking crap organs in them with microscopic hair and sacs that keep you on balance and can tell when you're upside down or not.

You work different muscles and muscle areas when doing exercise at an incline.

>be doing 531
>last week, last set, working up to this for months now!
>finish with 8 reps
Apparently I need to rethink my life now because some little shit talks shit on Veeky Forums.

Don't bother replying, I know it'll be some more stupid shit like
>2016 doing 531 jew..
whatever, I can't be bothered to try and copy your fucking shitty attitude.

It wouldnt work your chest more though would it cunt. All you're dojng is adding shoulders in which you hit on shoukder day

He looks stronk, but he probably didn't diet well.

If he cut he'd look good.

>5'7
>taking any lifting advice from manlets ever
lol no

everyone of fit takes lifting science way to deep. Everyone in their first 3 months of lifting assumes theyre gonna wanna train as much as possible as perfect as possible but the reality is life if busy and motivation isnt always 100%.

Consistency is what it comes down to 98% of the time so stop worrying about wether volume of frequency is better experiment with what works for you and your schedule

I'll have those you's thank you very much. keep eating the bait fit, keep eating

incline activates more shoulder muscles and supporting muscles.
And gym is about shocking muscles. Wether you do this by changing program every 12 weeks or having a mixed program either way. Everyone on fit always hates on other peoples choices. In the end always comes down to who works harder

>gym is about shocking muscles
Do you spout muscle confusion as well lol

>the end always comes down to who works harder
Yeah, I'd agree

Did you know that muscles are formed from micro tears resulting from stressed or 'shocked' muscles?
if you go in and do the same routine everyday for a year yes dickhead your results will be affected.

Not sure what muscle confusion is but I imagine the latter word is how you feel about big black penises

haha

>>>/dyel/

How's that b8 t8ste m8
>when will they learn

"shit i was wrong better say that was b8"

Focused too much on biceps. Still pretty good, just needed a cut
>r9k
R u sure

>Don't sit there telling me you train so hard with your 5 x 5 fucking bench press, that you couldn't possible do another 3 x 10 on incline, and 3 x 15 on dips and 3 x 20 on pec deck and 3 x 20 on machine flys.

Yes that's exactly what I am telling you. If have the strength to do all that crap left after doing 3x5 let alone 5x5, you aren't pushing yourself hard enough.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who considers walking cardio.

1RMs don't exhaust you that much at all.

Are you sure you even lift? There are a lot of guys in this board who give advice even though they don't lift at all. You aren't one of them are you user?

>Yes that's exactly what I am telling you. If have the strength to do all that crap left after doing 3x5 let alone 5x5, you aren't pushing yourself hard enough.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

THIS IS WHAT Veeky Forums ACTUALLY BELIEVES LOOOOOOOOOL

THEY THINK YOU SHOULD BE SO SPENT AFTER DOING 5 X 5 THAT YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO DO ANYMORE

I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE IM LITERALLY FUCKING LOLING SO HARD NOW

>THEY THINK YOU SHOULD BE SO SPENT AFTER DOING 5 X 5 THAT YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO DO ANYMORE

Yes. This is the case.

Yeh this isnt you at all. Fucking shill I know you took this from someone at misc

hah you took the bait idiot

So you're admitting you've never lifted heavy.

No, I just have a lot of strength-stamina, unlike you little bitch boys who get tired after 5 sets @ 85% of your max.

That's like saying "I have a lot of stamina, I can sprint for 10mins".

>no accessories

Lol no wonder you're still twinkmode