Anyone on Veeky Forums been on a psychiatrist / shrink? I've got an appointment in 1 hour...

Anyone on Veeky Forums been on a psychiatrist / shrink? I've got an appointment in 1 hour, and don't know what to expect. I'm kinda nervous

Yeah seeing a therapist weekly (anxiety and depression).

I'm not sure whether I'll ever be without all the shit going on in my head, or whether I even want to be. But just seeing my psychologist has helped me be more cerebral and think about what's going on in the world around me. Learnt some great thinking exercises and about myself so I'd definitely say it's worth it, make sure you stick with it!

>literally spending hundreds of dollars for a pseudo-scientist to hold you hand and tell you it's not your fault you're a shitty failure of an organism
Good goy

OP here...

>living in a country without free healthcare

KEK...what a fucking pleb

I made this appointment knowing I will pay ZERO money

yeah, think of him/her as someone that wants you to be happy; like the best friend you always wanted. or your priest if you're into that. just be clear about what's troubling you.

i saw one about 4 times a few months ago. guy was fantastic. made me face up to the fact that i was having panic attacks and helped me deal with them right away. after the 4th session i could deal with everything.

Actually, I've been going for years now (3, to be specific). It really helped me through depression and helps me improve myself constantly, you shouldn't be nervous, breh.

>on a psychiatrist / shrink?
never went down on one, if that is what you are suggesting

i had one session with a therapist to substantiate claims that failing uni subjects was because of the death of a family member , in order to get them wiped from my academic record.

talk to us, du verrückter.

It's only free if you don't pay taxes.

Be sure not to walk under any ladders or cross the paths of any black cats on your way to the psychiatrist. Better make sure your horoscope is good for today too before you go lmao

I'm probably gonna visit one because I get really bad anxiety in the gym and after a week or so I can't go back for like 3 months and I'm tired of being a fat ass. Either that or I'll go full hamplanet and get a planet fitness membership because that's the only gym near me thats open 24/7

>Be me 18
>350 lb mass of sadness
>losing my fucking mind
>ask mom if she ever feels sad
>takes me to shrink
>shrink sends me to psych ward
>says I'm bipolar
>40 mg Prozac 120 mg Geodon 10 mg klonopin
>all at the same time
>droolingfuckwit.jpg
>doc in the ward says I'm bipolar, but nowhere near as bad as the other doc said
>dad visits and starts crying
>realize what a weak titty monster I am
>get out of ward
>have 3 months day hospital to do
>bullshit my way thru
>learn mediocre coping mechanisms
>tell doc I'm coming off meds
>wat
>whiteknuckle my way thru 3 months of geodon withdrawal
>decide it's time to lose the lard
Cont?

FREEDOM ISN'T FREEE 'MURICA

I don't even live in America, what the hell are you talking about?

>Go on 150 calorie a day cut for 45 days
>hard, but nothing compared to withdrawal
>ignore everyone and everything that gets in the way of my goals
>start p90 after the initial 45 day cut
>auto pilot mode x 1000
>drop 150 lbs in a year
>oh fuck my muscle
>take break cause skinnyfat
>bipolar starts getting worse
>ignore it
>I'm not letting this stop me
>off meds for a year
>dad has such pride in his eyes now
>skip ahead a year
>decide to get shredded
>howidothat?
>find Veeky Forums
>my people
>get into school for Mechanical engineering
>life is good
>lose virginity
>build home gym
>meditate twice daily to keep my mind from controlling me
Hang in there user. It's hard, but if you dig down and find the grit to never let life beat you, then you will truly succeed. I'm not there yet, but I will be. I'm gonna climb this mountain and look upon the gains goblins and people who told me I was pathetic. Then I'll find another mountain to climb. You control you.

Remember that girls are usually better than guys at talking about problems and shit. If you don't feel the psychiatrist is right for you, you should switch.

Most psychiatrists will try to use drugs to fix the problem, mainly because that's their job. I tend to view drugs as more of a last-resort thing, so I don't really get along with psychiatrists.

Therapists can't do that, so they're willing to work harder to find a more common-sense solution to the problem. But therapists aren't really held to many qualifications, so it's really hit or miss.

Le updoot

>he doesn't believe in medical science
Look up any psychiatry journal on google scholar and tell me there's not a fuckton of objective proof for everything they do. Psychiatry is evidence based western medicine, not some quack psychologist.

If you mistrust science so much just go to an acupuncturist or sexologist to deal with your insecurities ya dink

You're the client, he's the person who's being paid to help you and is bound by law to keep what you tell him to himself, also whatever that is, he's heard worse.
There's no reason to stress out, just try to be honest about everything so that you can get as much as you can out of this, because it's all for your benefit.

go on

>still falling for the psychiatrist meme
>especially female psychiatrists

LMAO@People still going to this meme masters, just dont come back in one or two years and tell us you have been rused

Fuck this user has more motivation than ive ever had in my entire life...

Then why does it continuously happen that the results of studies cannot be recreated? Psychiatry is not science.