Is it true that martial arts training for bone building makes them harder and stronger, but also more brittle?

Is it true that martial arts training for bone building makes them harder and stronger, but also more brittle?

Because I'm very sad. I wanted to train my bones until I was practically invulnerable, but not if it means if I actually break something it stays broke.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff's_law
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no dumbass, only steroids increase bone density, nothing else does.

What? That doesn't make sense

How did you plan to train your bones? And for what purpose?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff's_law

>I wanted to train my bones until I was practically invulnerable
Lol good luck.

Veeky Forums being idiots as usual.

I've heard of muay thai fighters kicking bamboo trees to numb their shins and somehow make them harder. I think it's questionable.

Weight lighting DEFINITELY increases bone density. Found this out through my own research when doing a lifeguard course when skinny dudes would float effortlessly and I'd be struggling to stay afloat (bone sinks, muscle floats).

Was told by my teacher that if I get a female client I must get them into weight training because womens bones degrade at a higher level than mens.

>Is it true that martial arts training for bone building makes them harder and stronger, but also more brittle?
Assuming that you're referring to strikes that somewhat impact one's bones, then no, the harder and stronger bones are not also thought to be more brittle (or have increased cleavage if that's what you meant by brittle).

>muscle floats

Fat floats

People kick baseball bats in half after they train their shins enough. Does that sound more brittle to you?

Something about tiny fractures. Every time you strike the calcium concentrates there. Probably bioscience

>but also more brittle
it makes them more brittle in that they don't bend as much

>when newfags think they know what roids do

0/10

> nothing else does

there are PLENTY of growth factors, growth differentiating factors, hormones, receptor modulators, receptor agonists/antagonists, ... that can affect bone density in massive ways, and many minerals and other nutrients & dietary functionals that can affect or hinder it in less major or direct ways.

I think you haven't even grasped one thousands of how complex the human body is and how many mechanisms there are going on in it, constantly balancing and affecting eachother.

Pretty much this. Like when you see people punching sand it's to cause microfractures in the hands which causes higher bone density in the knuckles and wrists. This lets you hit harder.

same thing also works for skin (microneedling/dermaneedling) and muscle

In theory, if you worked with equipment that vibrated a lot, like holding lawnmowers, or riding motorcycles that bled shaking energy into you, would that exercise your skin, ligaments, bones and muscles? Like a sort of therapy for connective tissues.

It's a stupid thing probably, but I just had this idea of holding strong vibration pulsing tools (not sex toys you assholes) and I dunno. seems like it'd spread the stress evenly, encouraging the structures to get more durable over time.

This
You're a fucking idiot, pic related

I feel like you would just get nerve dmg

>Found this out through my own research
>Weight lighting DEFINITELY increases bone density.
>skinny dudes would float effortlessly and I'd be struggling to stay afloat (bone sinks, muscle floats).

You're either joking or you're Wolverine and have metal bones.

I've started Krav Maga a month ago, and when I punch the punching bag, or kick the kicking bag, my hands or feet hurt.

Is this normal? Should I toughen up or are my feet and hands going to naturally get more callussed?

Punching the bag and kicking the bag is what makes them toughen up.

Did you put on 30kg of bones or something

Shit, next time there is one of those "the dumbest thing you've read on Veeky Forums" threads, I'll have something to post

Don't do this unless you want pic related

ah okay.....

why does this happen user? really curious

Seriously, it's enough to toughen up. My muay thai teacher (he's from thailand) told me anything else to toughen your shins and fists was absolutely retarded because it causes irreversible damage over time.

OP, did you know that people 20,000 years ago had stronger bones?

Because it was so recently, researchers aren't sure what the cause is, but they're guessing that it's the lack of mobility in a young age.

It sucks that I'm not living up to that potential, 'cause I want stronger bones.

Martial Arts training does a much better job of deadening the nerves in your striking points and buuilding scar tissues, moreso than building them up from microfractures.

That sounds a lot more reasonable than ancient broscience about microfractures - not that there isn't probably a bit of truth to that too.

they drank more milk

You should stop goy maga and learn something non-meme

Micro fractures is bioscience and wolff's law is misapplied by ching chong dancers trying to justify their shitty training.

An example of the axial loading to which which wolff's law applies is squatting. All punching hard things does is give you arthritis and damage nerves

Bone density is adapted by what is called

Minimal Essential Strain

which equals 1/10 of the amount of the energy required to fracture it

Gotta progress the same way one would progress any compound lift.

I wouldnt say its all BS. Applying a scientific approach to how the body adapts to different forms of stress and some common sense approach is needed.

I do it and my shins are hard as rocks
i also hold on to a partners shoulders and we kick each others' shins, and sometimes i get a big glass coke bottle and roll it up and down my shins. i also beat myself with sticks
as a result i am tough as all fuck

google Iron Body, and look at what the Korean military is doing

You can increase bone density by working out. When you exercise (i.e. lifting weights and running) the constant stress on your body forces it to create more osteocytes, or bone cells. This, of course, only really works if you have the calcium in your diet to help them grow. There IS a genetic limit to how dense your bones can get, so don't expect to be walking around with steel bars for bones. You will definitely be tougher though and you could take a nasty spill better than a normie.

No, this isn't something that is completely unusual or restricted to steroid use.

You could look at the bones of someone who does hard labor and you would find that a farmer or the like would have a larger, more pronounced deltoid tubrosity than the common man.

How the hell does striking bones increase boob exposure?

Google.

This sounds right, but something is off.

Weightlifting and cardio, mostly Cardio since running is literally throwing your whole body forward and catching yourself. Working your cardiovascular system in turn works your skeletal.

Srssly plz stop being retards and do your own research.

>bone has marrow in them
>marrow produces blood
>strong heart=strong everything else

Amateur Muy Thai fighter here

At my gym we have someone hold your legs down while someone else rolls a log up and down your shins with their full weight. It creates micro fractures which fill with calcium, which calcifies, making it stronger. True your bones don't have that small "give" (a small pressure applied can bruise a bone, but not if it's calcified). This isn't a problem, they're more 'brittle' and will snap without bending but it's still much, much harder to snap or break.

Holy shit, what is the name of this webcomic again

Brings back memories

8-Bit Theatre

martial arts per se will not increase bone density. long term repetitive skeletal loading will, cf. the English longbowmen with deformed bones.

conditioning for striking aka traditional karate will build up the muscle and skin of the hands significantly, as will boxing. you sacrifice dexerity of the fingers. muay thai kicking is primarly to deaden the nerves and build up scar tissue, it is not sustainable and causes bad issues as you age. most dont do it any more tge traditional way but use gentler conditioning like rolkers and hard padded kicking pads

Bones are like Muscles.
Trauma is like progressive overload.
Calcium is like protein.

Gotta break it down to build it up.

It's not breaking it, just stressing it

I've looked into this stuff extensively and and basically what I've learned is: Stressing bone without creating micro fractures is the best activity to increase bone density through powerlifting and heavy bag training then there are a variety of drugs that help too like AAS, SERMs, HGH/igf, and strontium (slowly replaces calcium in bones and bones built from strontium are stronger)

yes it's all called Minimum Essential Strain

You'll fuck yourself up and lose more in flexibility, maneuverability, and general usefulness as a human being than you'll gain in attack point. And get permanent crippling joint pain eventually

My wing chun teacher kicked sharp wall edges and also posts to train his shins, he also teached muay thai and aikido, don't know if that's what you want, but i guess if you damage a part of your body a little a let it recover it will be stronger.

Yeah. I hit this birch tree to toughen up my fists after seeing monks punch a brick wall.

It works. You basically smash your hand until it stops hurting as much.

If I'm sparring with my brother and our fists connect he gets a lot more hurt than me.