Recommend me a good book on fitness, nutrition and food

I have read the sticky, however I need a book that will educate me, in depth, on fitness - meaning that I don't want to just know exercises, wanna learn about the whole thing - exercise, food, nutrition, mentality, etc.

I did a Google search, and went on BodyBuilding.com's forum, where they had a similar topic, and 90% of the users were recommending Arnold's Bodybuilding Encyclopedia (the 1999 edited and updated version), but some people were saying that the exercise regimes in it were ridiculous - way too many sets and reps, and 2-3 hour long training days.

Is Arnold's Bodybuilding Encyclopedia a good choice, or should I look for another book?

That book isn't particularly good.

Here are some excellent suggestions, ranging from easiest to understand to hardest.

The Art of Lifting & The Science of Lifting by Greg Nuckols and Omar Isuf.

The Muscle and Strength Training Pyramid by Eric Helms. There's also a nutrition version.

Scientific Principles of Strength Training by Mike Israetel, James Hoffman, and Chad Wesley Smith

Mad props, bro!

So, if "The Art of Lifting & Science of Lifting" is the easiest to understand, does it understand nutrition, and some basics of how the body works, or is it just about exercises?

I might get flak for this, but read both starting strength and practical programming. There is a lack of diet info in it but in terms of programming your lifting is absolutely essential

NSCA's Essentials of Strength and Conditioning has lifting, nutrition, testing, exercise guidelines, etc.

This is the contents of The Art of Lifting. The Science of Lifting is a seperate book that goes into a little more detail.

Foreword 5
Authors’ Note 8
What You’re Getting Yourself Into 11
Assumptions 14
Exercise Specificity (SAID) 18
Progressive Overload 23
Volume 27
Intensity (To a Point) 31
Conditioning 33
Being Active 37
Stress (Chronic/Systematic) 39
Sleep 43
Calories 46
Protein 50
Macros and Food Quality (To a Point) 52
Individuality 54
Better 58
Results 62
Adherence/Buy-in 65
Values 69
Goals 73
Contentment and Quality of Life 76
Any Particular Exercise If It’s Not Specific to Your Goals 80
Having Every Muscle in Your Body Perfectly Balanced 85
Clean Eating/Sugar 90
Getting and Staying Super Lean (For Most People) 93
Supplements 96
Periodization/Perfect Programming 98
Conformity 101
Optimal/Being the Best 104
Debriefing 107

This one is pretty good too, although not very user friendly for the beginner.

I have it and you should buy it too. don't expect it to be the ultimative bible though

the routines in it are for pinners

don't listen to bodybuilding.com

go to powerliftinggeneral.com and download a shitload of ebooks

yeah, I should have mentioned that. The book is designed to prepare someone for the CSCS exam and is littered with references. It's great for anyone who wants a scientific understanding of exercise though.

>practical programming

this one too op

oh yea, forgot about PP. you should really get this one too

anyway:
>powerliftinggeneral.com

Yeah, but I wanna do bodybuilding, not powerlifting. I've done powerlifting for a few months, and I can't really say I like it. I wanna bulk.

>It's great for anyone who wants a scientific understanding of exercise though.
it's great for anyone who wants the "exercise science" version. too bad exercise science is a pile of shit. if you want to learn anything about lifting then read books by actual coaches/lifters, not exercise science people.

you realize that the coaches use literature created by exercise science people right? And most good coaches come from exercise science backgrounds?

That book is actually what many of the best coaches base their training on.

this isnt a board for logic user

OP HERE

A lot of the books are not available in the UK, and it would take ages for them to arrive from the US. Do any of you have them on PDF???

>but I wanna do bodybuilding, not powerlifting
well good for you son, me too!

bodybuilding.com is fucking retarded. you won't achieve anything with this broscience crap. powerliftinggeneral.com just offers you some ebooks on strength and fitness training in general we here have collected. you can download it for free.

I'm not a fan of Practical Programming. I mean, yeah it's a good ressource. But frankly you'll find all the fundamental stuff in other books as well. That leaves just the program suggestions, and those are just.. well.. lackluster to say the least. The programs in that book are built on a few sound principles, but leave out so many other important elements that you'd be shortchanging yourself if that's your main source of information.

Pic related is recommended for all

powerliftinggeneral.com's website is such a mess (no offense) - can you link me some of their books on here?

best book

Schwarzenegger is a bro science retard, why would anyone read a book by that faggot?

there's a pdf of the arnolds encyclopedia google it. it's good, you should look through it, there's some bro science but also alot of good advice

cringe

>bodybuilding.com is fucking retarded. you won't achieve anything with this broscience crap
The crappiest broscience I ever seen is SS

>OH LOOK AT THIS EMG!!!!
>AND THATS WHY 3x5!!!!111

See

Unleashing the Wild Physique
Vince Gironda

THE authority on natural bodybuilding