Fallout

> Fallout
> Dark Souls
> Overwatch
vs
> gym

>video games

>witcher 3

Makes me glad the only games I enjoy are either for handhelds or light enough that I can play them on my laptop. Sometimes I'll vidya on the bus/train all the way to the gym.

>These are the casual trash games people unironically think about playing over going to the gym

>24 hours in day
>gym takes 2 hours tops
>work/school takes 6-8
>sleep takes 7-8
4-9 hours to play whatever depending on OP having a life. Go lift you lazy faggot.

What's a hardcore game? I thought Dark Souls was hardcore?

Dark souls is no longer one with the aspies. Its as deep in casual pop culture trash as csgo or fallout.

I've played it once and it pushed my shit in, I wouldn't call it casual. Casual games are easily approachable and it wasn't

How can anyone 18+ even enjoy video games.

I am 28 now. I can't remember the last time I played a video game without stopping after 2 minutes due to feeling insanely guilty for some reason. I just can't play them anymore, regardless of how good or bad life is going.

>fallout
>Dark Souls
>Overwatch

this gets you nothing, it wastes your time, you do not create something real while playing those games, even that "happyness" is just an illusion your beta head creates so you dont escape your sad life

>gym

this actually gets you respect, pussy, a healthy body, aesthetics, strength, it makes you achieve REAL things, you can make use of it, you have to work hard for it and you get rewarded with wet, hot pussy.

Now back to /v/ faggot

Probably because it has a reputation for lawl so hard and you convinced yourself it was harder than it actually was to fit in.

>wastingtimeandmoney
Vs
>makingit

I agree, games are a waste of time. Some are as interesting to get through as a book though. Most of these never reach past YA quality anyway but occasionally some do and it's honestly pretty great

>Inb4 books are a waste of time as well.

>mfw mirrors edge gets delayed

6 days

Social stigma? Other responsibilities? They're on the same level as watching TV or dicking around on the Internet

My little treat is a few rounds of Rocket League every now and then; fun and light.

If I've got a decent block of time to myself, then I'll get on TSW and do a few runs, or TTS and smash out Boardgame or two with bros.

>tfw over 80 physical boardgames but no one to play them with
At least most of them have solo options

So aside from advertising on a mongolian fur barter site, what the fuck else do you do?
>wake up at 7
>office by 9
>out by 5, gym by 5 until 6:30
>home by 7:30
I sleep at around 11 or 12 so I have more or less 4 hours to fuck around.

>Can't take a couple horse out of his day

Stop lying.

This. The real beta-ness is to not play games just because some people think it's immature. In reality it's no different from watching TV or even reading books

Mobile game masterrace.

>once had a wife
>once had children
>lost job
>get addicted to video games
>gain fat
>lose social contacts, don't seem to care about anything else
>wife leaves me because of this (after many nights full of tears)
>heard the wake up call too late
>that was one year ago
>miss her and my children more than anything
>can lift 5/4/3/2 and have one night stands every week
>but nothing fills the void left by my choices

I'm 26 but feel like my whole life is behind me.
Sure op go ahead, play video games. But keep in mind every minute you spend playing video games is wasted time. Read a book, learn a language, just go out and discover the world. Nobody ever looks back in his life and says :"damn I really wish that I looted that cave in fallout 4"

>> Fallout
shit
>> Dark Souls
depressing
>> Overwatch
shit
>vs
>> gym
will literally make you a better person

>overwatch
>fallout
not gonna make it

Time also goes to meals and misc tasks like chores and housekeeping

There's shit loot on fallout 4 anyway

Put down the video games for an hour and go to the gym faggot

i don't enjoy video games, perhaps chess

I do that every other day, I even keep a garden and I still find a butt load of downtime where I just end up playing video games.

>80 board games but no one to play them with
Truly this is suffering. I'd play if I could user

It sounds like you let them consume you.

If I enjoy games but don't shirk my other responsibilities, is that a bad thing?

Really I wish I had more time et all. Being a wage slave so tightly restricts what I can do with my free time. I don't keep any friends outside of my gf and one or two other people, then just people in my clan / guild.

This basically it's just 40 - 60 min

/vr/ here. old games and handhelds are best. they literally on require 10-20 minutes of your day and do wonders resetting your brain for the day. ill go to work, gym, and maybe play 15 minutes of darius or contra. turn it off and read/eat/sleep.

>sleep takes 7-8
you sleep that long? never gonna make it

2 of those are shit games.Not to mention,choosing video games over gains any time is a great sign of NOT MAKING IT.

Thanks user. At least I've got TTS so I can play them with folks sometimes. I just can't help myself, love me some boardgames. And that new Boardgame smell...heaven

>past age of 19
>still playing videogames

>videogames

Its not a waste of time if you enjoy it. Also you can lift AND play vidya, and reap the rewards of both.

Yeah well people think it's nerdy, so even if I did enjoy it, I wouldn't do it

I prefer chasing pussy, lifting weights, and getting babes.

You're just immature and insecure.

>Not doing something because of its social image

>calls people insecure
>won't do something he'd enjoy if people find it nerdy

You really are a retard, aren't you?

>This post
>Calling others immature and insecure

Wew, spot the 16 year old virgin

>Calling someone a faggot
>On the gayest board of a Cantonese finger puppet forum

wew not sure if b8 or lost irony

Normalfags ruined a based Slav fps with the casualization and normiefieing- of last light

I'm making all kinds of Genji and Zenyatta gains.

fit in what? What the fuck are you talking about? Are you autistic?

>play a game
>it's hard
>"LOL THAT'S NOT REAL HARD SOCIAL MEDIA IS JUST TRICKING YOU YOU'RE TRYING TO FIT IN"
you're a dyel aren't you

What games you got, bro?

gtfb to /v/ faggit

>> Fallout
piece of shit
>> Dark Souls
got boring after a month
>> Overwatch
got boring after a week

>Read a book

Literally the same damn thing. I hope this moronic "all art is sacred and worthwhile except videogames" thing dies with the next generation.

You gotta calculate commute time as well as eating/hygiene time. Either way..

THIS

>Read a book, learn a language

top kek, plebs still think that those things will change anything

just realize you are extraverted as fuck and needy of other people already jesus christ

>Read a book, learn a language, just go out and discover the world
or alternatively do what you enjoy on your freetime and don't go full retard with it? Just a thought

"do X, do Y!" fags are almost as annoying as "dude you don't know life before you TRAVEL!" fags

Post this on /v/ and they'll tell you otherwise.
Some people enjoy being alone with their vidya. Some might say you've ascended and should be happy.

Don't tell others what's important and what matters.

you niggers seriously think reading and playing are equally beneficial, jesus christ

>muh interactive art

sure is plebian up in here

>There are people who will suggest reading a book over video games
Both are equally wastes of time if not for educational purposes.

Fucking bookfags thinking their waste of time and escape from reality is superior to any other.

People can't factor in both? Really? With a full time job + hour for gym + time for study + gf I still have a bit of down time. Some of y'all just have shit time managements skills/dick around too much.

it will, just look around, vidya is becoming more mainstream every day, the generation from 1995+ is very concentrated on vidya, plus we have things like VR that will attract a lot of people, my mom saw a vid about the oculus rift and i told her that we could get it for around $500 later this year and she said she wanted to buy it

define reading, please
define fiction, please

Makes me glad i have a car

So you just couldn't control yourself then. That's you, not the fault of games.

That's easy. Gym first, then come home and Overwatch.

This. The only activity worth doing is putting things up and down, or doing shit to get a job. Fuck the nerd fags.

>fuck intellectuals

xD

Only the 1st one was hard. 2 and 3 are for casuls (although 2 had some hard moments).

This.

Seriously though, you can deal with most essential fitness shit in like half an hour, so there is no problem. If you still don't want to go, just buy a pair of 10+ kilo dumbbells and do high intensity/repetition stuff, or 10 + 20 kg and do most of the shit you would do save for deads and squats.

> he doesn't sculpt his meat sack AND do nerdy shit

baka desu senpai. freakazoid is a pro CSGO player and is jacked. Pashabiceps is the same but also a family man and less of a meathead

or maybe

just maybe

you learned to play the games? If you replay one now it's not hard either

>fuckin casual shit
vs
>gym
This thread belongs on facebook, so your "friends" can "like" it.

Video games are the equivalent to crack in the entertainment industry.

When's the last time someone told you I don't feel like working out because of a book they liked?

How many kids died of malnutrition because parents couldn't put down a book? Happened with WoW.

Video games are like real life without the drawbacks and benefits.

If anything it's going to get much worse with augmented/virtual reality
Dumb ass

Reading non fiction is even worse
"Durr ive memorised these trivias for the pub, i am better than you"

Que?

What's the last book that someone didn't make you read?
You know what? How was last season of swamp loggers?

>Its not a waste of time if you enjoy it.
Yeee man just smoke weed and masturbate all day what's the big deal I enjoy it

No...............guilty as in there's a 1000 more valuable things in life that I should be doing.

>this gets you nothing, it wastes your time, you do not create something real while playing those games, even that "happyness" is just an illusion your beta head creates so you dont escape your sad life
You could say the exact same thing about movies, books, television, youtube, browsing Veeky Forums and the list goes on. And on top of that, none of those things are wastes of time. They're all platforms to share ideas and stories and philosophies and culture. It is possible to improve yourself without being able to physically notice the improvements on your body you short-sighted, narrow-minded mongoloid.

Have fun reading eragon faggots

>because knowledge about the world we live in can only be applied at the bar

Actually, I'm reading a gardening book.

And your reading me comment.

It's hilarious seeing people who partake in the most egocentric of all hobbies bashing other hobbies that spread knowledge.

itt: kidz

Found the illiterate one.

Timely thread op
If you seriously play video games non pro and are older then 25 my friend would like to interview you for some dissertation

Most people on here are 16,17,18 etc. What do you expect?

Most of us guys in our mid-late 20s are the minority.

Reading this makes me somewhat angry. Either you never read books and just assume what it's like, or you read them and don't realize how they educate you on a whole other level than video games do. Or you only read scifi trash. Either way you're dumb as a rock. There's so much more to reading a book than a nice story or whatever you imagine they are.

I lift and manage to play guitar and balalaika and read and occasionally play neat games. How mad are you right now?

>Playing Overwatch

Got fucking bored with that game two hours into the beta. I have no goddamn clue what people find so amazing about it.

And you better be talking about New Vegas and not Fallout 4

>implying the gym isn't escapism

>implying we don't lift our feels away

Wrong, asshole. I've read more books than you this week than you done in a liftine.

>being so pleb that you are still illusioned by the meme of reading books

I bet you think marcus aurelius changed your life

god the plebs

He doesn't read. No one in their right mind can say reading is the same as playing video games.

Literally one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. Probably a under-age child, or manchild.

I use to be the biggest edgy faggot that never would touch a book. Then when I started reading the benefits were pretty much instantaneous. My writing improved, my spelling improved, I gained a sense of imagination back that I had lost through years of video games. Reading also dramatically increased my vocabulary.

I focus on topics I find interesting. Reading a lot of books on Ancient Greece and Rome right now.

Not sure how I turned into such a bookfag after spending my entire life being against it (for whatever reason I don't even know)

I totally agree. I'm 27 and my friends spend the majority of their time playing video games. Even when we're hanging out they're playing overwatch or some other bullshit. I can't stand it. I understand that it's their life and everything, but it's just sad to see people waste their time in front of a fucking tv when the sun is shinning.

>not hitting the gym as hard as you can and than sitting on the couch in a pain induced comma where only your eyes and hands can move so you can play vidya all night until you pass out and repeating process
it's almost like you don't want to make it.

No different from wasting time out in the sun

I eventually stopped seeing the friends I use to have that kept on playing video games.

Even one of my family members, my cousin. We use to play games together all the time when we were kids, back in the 90s, Age of Empires online, other games in the early 2000s.

Now we're both in our late 20s, and his life is still literally gaming. I grew out of it and moved on in life and I just have nothing in common with him anymore.

I've tried to bring him out of the trance that he is stuck in (that I was also stuck in) but he just refuses. The guy is like 95lbs and pasty white and recently had to go to the hospital because he fainted playing Overwatch.

I made the best gains in life after I quit playing video games, also lost my virginity at 23 I thought I'd be a virgin for life. Wasted so much time and money on video games I regret it.

Meanwhile you shitpost here

Feel guilty about that though?

>work 14-16
>sleep 1-4
>make moneys fuck bitches

The sun promotes cellular function, lowers blood pressure, increases testosterone production.
You're far more likely to be low body fat if you're in the sun often.