What's the point of doing squats when you have deadlifts?

What's the point of doing squats when you have deadlifts?

enjoy your no quads

This bretty much

That's what cycling is for. Cardio and leg day on the SAME DAY

squats + rows > deadlifts

good thing I dropped that meme excercise.

>rows suddenly target glutes and hamstrings in a noticeable way
K den

I cant deadlift due to my back. as long as im careful, i can stil squat.

enjoy your no glutes

Enjoy never having quads. Cycling doesnt build quads. Thats like saying youre going to get jacked from running marathons

Both are fun exercises unless you're very weak.

>deadlifting once per week
is this mumbo jumbo

Deadlifts are not just a good mass builder, it's a fun as fuck movement. Name me a better challenge lift ?

>Deadlifts are not just a good mass builder,
look at the set/rep scheme most people use them on and then you find out why deadlifts have the stupid reputation that they don't build mass.

1x5, yeah, nah.

or the fact that deadlifts lack a proper eccentric part

romanians are a good hamstring builder

alternative for developing low back? deadlift hits it good but I guess there must be some accesories around

hijacking this shit sry

>What is a negative

You don't need to drop the weight like the retard you are

Good mornings
Back extensions

dyel?

ty

this desu

Dyel?

>low bar/high bar/front squat
>no glutes
Incorrect

Hey, look, Veeky Forums is trying to reinvent the wheel again

>mfw DOMS after 2 pl8 good mornings

>bro just do Romanian dildo in ass reverse grip deads they activate your booty muscles

Knee extension for more than 45° => mad quad gains
Way harder to balance 200 kg 1.7 m above ground on an unstable system (your torso is like an upside down pendulum) than to balance 240 kg 1m above ground on a stable system (hands are like pendulums) => mad core and stabilizer gains
1) wrong you retarded shitposter
2) deadlifts and chinups > rows. Fuck rows. They are as stupid and clumsy as they are useless. You can't define a good rep, they tire your posterior chain out, kucking you out of your DL gains, they train everything chinups training except with half the rom and they are only popular because of dumb roidfreaks doing them for the burn and a clever marketer that made dough off a phone app. The only reason to ever row is if you are too fat/weak to do a single pullup AND don't have access to an assisted pullup machine OR a lat pulldown machine

front squats for quads.

quads, glutes, fuck you, etc

Rows are for faggots too cowardly and retarded to learn to power clean.

Front squats and deads desu.

I've discovered I like wearing a belt with my front squats because it's easy for your form to break down. Typically I do sets of no more than 5 and 3

>deadlifts and chinups > rows. Fuck rows. They are as stupid and clumsy as they are useless. You can't define a good rep, they tire your posterior chain out, kucking you out of your DL gains

fuckin this

do pull ups then do weighted pull ups when you are stronger. I'd suggest even going as heavy as triples for pull ups/chins etc

ive gotten so much stronger since starting

>thinking squats build glutes

MUH SPINAL ERECTORS
Romanian dead lift = best lower back exercise

You should be able to set anything below 4 pl8 down feather soft. You should be able to guide anything 4pl8 to 5pl8 down smoothly with a small thud. Anything beyond that is fine to drop. So yes, you're a fucking DYEL if you drop the weight like a retard unless you're pulling top percent weight.

You don't 'drop' it, you just grip the bar as it comes down.

If you literally 'drop' any weight aside from when oly lifting or power cleaning you are a faggot.

Main issue with dead is that the bar is too high so total lift is lower the shorter you are. I use a small step bout 6 inches off the ground. Suddenly it's the difference between standard and ass to grass squats.

Question:

how good is deadlift for forearm development?

helpful, but indirect. It'll improve them as the weight goes up, but if your grip is the weak link in your deadlift, continuing to do deadlifts won't strengthen that link as well as direct forearm work.

It's very good but it's often the forearm muscles and your static grip strength that limits the dead lift.

>that isn't how you greentext

is you use overhand grip )straps if need be) for your working sets, then do static holds until failure, you should see excellent results.

i have tried all sorts for forearms - wrist curls, grippers, even finger curls and shit. then i began static holds and my forearms fucking exploded.

if you enjoy deadlifts more than squats, you aren't doing enough weight to have an opinion

>You can't define a good rep, they tire your posterior chain out
>it's 2016 and he STILL isn't doing seal rows

Strict Press, there's just something so amazing feeling you raise your hands in weighted glory.

What did he mean by this?

>Suddenly it's the difference between standard and ass to grass squats
Pls explain this. In relation to aquirng quad mass?

what do you mean "hands are like pendulums"sfds

low bar will.

Been doing cardio after squats/deadlifts and my calves are still fucking small. JUST

Post pics of those miserable insertions

No muscle indentation whatsoever. They're 6 inches thick just fucking kill me.

Holy shit it looks like you had a huge allergic reaction to a bee sting or something it's just fucking bloated with no definition

Thats all its done dude just grew thicker but no veins, no shadows just a solid pole whereas my quads are starting to develop. Every night im waiting for Goemon to come for me.

Opinions on Sumo Deadlift?

I'm 6'3" with an ectomophic body type and conventional Deadlifts are extremely hard for me to maintain proper form. I can pull off Sumo Deadlifts no problem because my center of gravity is more in center with the bar and doesn't pull me out of proper form.

Am I losing out on gains sticking Sumos for now?

You doing calf raises?

It's literally 2 words before
"Stable system"

Absolutely fucking not user. My calves stay sore longer than any part in my body. Im literally relying on squats to fix that.

triples?

sets of 3

The more real question is "What's the point of doing deadlifts when you have squats"

Deadlifts alone leave you at a risk of not permanently fucking up the discs in your lower back, so you should add squats to make sure you get that hernia with 40.

If youre lucky, you might even get it at a young age when you're maxing out and doing a mistake

It's great for targeting quads

(citation needed)

squats are fun as fuck and very athletic. besides, quads and glutes

what the fuck are quads even for

helping me deadlift and making pants shopping super shitty

What do you guys recommend for direct forearm work? I'm not quite there yet but I'm pretty sure soon my deadlift is going to be limited by my babby grip so i wanna nip that in the bud

>I have big quads xD
No, you are either fat or a shitposter. In both cases, you are lying. If your quads were actually big enough to squat 4 plate, you wouldn't say stupid shit like this.

That's called a deficit deadlift my friend

>not wanting max leg developement by doing squats and deadlifts
>not wanting to lower your center of gravity
Do you even lift

oh no muh glutes

>not even thinking of making it
user.

>37403250
Regalskeppet?

Cycling isn't going to build you mass like squats m8.

All those track cyclists with jacked quads squat super heavy too. Förstemann could outsquat most powerlifters in his weight class at IPF worlds.

there is a video of him squatting 200 for like 10 easy reps.

Yeah he's actually even done 220x11 and 290x2, only weighs 90 too, guy is a fucking machine.

is that Vasa?

yes. In all honesty, it is impressive.

Can't do heavy deadlifts because the tendons in my hand are fucked because the down ward pressure right at the base of my fingers. Gloves don't help, straps and hooks don't help either. Forever inferior because my hands are fucked.

Keep going until you can. I broke my hand years ago. Pinky cannot close into a fist. Can't grip the bar as I want to. Can deadlift 4.5 plate.

What's the point of doing squats when you have leg press

Deadlifts a shit. You can progress just fine on deadlifts by just doing squats. Its silly.

>all these niggas hating on rows
Nice, i only do heavy chins and facepulls
Sometimes some machine pulldowns for dat dere adduction

squats are more fun and they look cooler.

what's the point of only doing one of them when you have both

>What do you guys recommend for direct forearm work? I'm not quite there yet but I'm pretty sure soon my deadlift is going to be limited by my babby grip so i wanna nip that in the bud
Wrist rollers, forward and backward
Hammer curls, with dumbbells or a hammer bar
I do them at the end of my pull days

>more than 3xbw squat
Should have gone into oly lifting desu.

fuck off leg day fag

What is this supposed to mean? You think nobody who deadlifts over 700 enjoys deadlifting or something? Because that's wrong.

He doesn't squat high bar with full ROM as Oly lifters do

>farmer's walks with dumbells
oh sod off
You aren't going to be able to get dumbells heavy enough to do them properly, unless your gym has 100kg+ dbs lying around