Any of you bros living or lived out in South Korea? I just got offered a job there and I will be starting in August

Any of you bros living or lived out in South Korea? I just got offered a job there and I will be starting in August.

Whats the Veeky Forums culture like? Do the gyms have dumbells that go up to 90lbs? Do they have barbells?

Also how difificult is it to hit your macros. Will getting 180 grams of protein a day be difficult? Is it possible to get whey?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe you could check on >>/trv/

Sounds pretty cool, the girls are hot. What kind of work?

Teaching English bro

Yeah I hooked up with a Korean chick once. She was so into it, made all these really high pitched moaning noises like a JAV girl. Was pretty hot

I am already a /trv/eller but I don't think theres too many of us who are also Veeky Forums, hence why asking here

How do you get into teaching English?
Are you an English teacher originally?

From what I know S Korea is starting to get on that bodybuilding time. If it's anything like Japan you will be able to find Whey just not as easy as in the US

my first gf was straight from korea and was virgin. Didn't know the noises they make are basically the noises JAV girls make

Filthy gaijin english teacher in japan here. Got some m8s who taught in korea previously
> everything is cheap as fuck
Not sure about rent but food, drinks, transport, etc
> english curriculum is far superior to japan
I've got a couple kids who lived in korea for a year. They're at least 2 years ahead of the other kids in English level
> physical punishment is a thing in schools
You can whack kids with a stick if they're shits.

I can ask them any specific questions if you want.

Na bro. I just graduated with a humanities degree. All you need is
1. Be a native English speaker
2 Any Bachelors degree (doesn't have to be English) from an English speaking university in an English speaking country
3. Do a "Teaching English as a Foriegn Language" (TEFL) or "Teaching English as a Second Language" (TESL), course. They are pretty easy and just show you the basics of teaching English. Try to get one that has at least 100 hours worth of tuition, thats the usual cut off for jobs if they request a teaching certificate (some of them don't, sometimes just having a bachelors and being a native speaker is enough).

Pro-tip: When choosing a course check which bodies the course is accredited with and investigate them to see if they are well regarded. Don't go for a course thats just online, that is seen pretty much as useless. Its best to go for one thats all taught in a classroom. If you can't afford that (which I couldn't), then go for one thats combo in-class and online (mines was 120 hour online and 30 hour in class). Also even though it says 120 hour online on the certificate, it took me a lot less than that. Probably only about 20 hours maximum kek.

Once you have your bachelors and TEFL certificate look for jobs online. There are so many jobs being offered around the world because English is so essential these days. A good place to start is "Dave's ESL cafe job forum", google it.

You actually need tefl, celta, etc? You don't in japan

Interdasting

Nice man, I think Koreans tend to be the prettiest Asians. I dont really like Asian girls that much tho

Yeah bro I've heard its cheap. Good thing is I get a furnished appartment provided rent-free, so I should hopefully be able to stack some dolla bills when I am over there.

Are you teaching in public or private schools in Nihon?

For Korea you do I believe. I don't think you can get the teaching visa without it but I'm not entirely sure.

I think in general its easier to get a job anywhere in the world if you don't have any experience with a TEFL certificate, rather than without.

Base koreans are ugly as sin. The "attractive" ones are more plastic than a fleshlight.

That's pretty good. I xame to nippon with my gf. We got partially furnished and rent is 720 burgers/month + gas and electricity.

I teach public.

Yeah I've got celta but the majority of people with whom I work dont.

bump

Pretty sure it's because of the whole facial perfection that they have their. KPop idols may as well be made of plastic and makeup.

I taught in Seoul (it sucked), and also worked at a guesthouse in Jeju (best job ever) and then was a Korean Language student at Jeju National University for a semester.

Gyms are all over the place, not too expensive, but whey was hard to come by a few years ago. Have fun, but don't stay too long, "teaching" is a carny job, you'll see that only losers do it for more than a few years (with the exception of professors) and they end up getting stuck there.

I was stationed in south korea op, was there for about a year and a half. Fucked 12 koreans girls.

Honestly i have no idea what day to day life in korea is but damn i had a good time.
Had the gym available to me and regular american shopping since i was on base.

I did go shopping for food one time at a grocery mart and it didnt seem too hard finding everything i needed.

Let me guess- you picked them up at clubs/bars in Itaewon?

Nice, are the gyms decent?

In Seoul they are small and hidden in those four and five story buildings that are everywhere, but yeah, they're ok. The "gym" at Jeju National University was a joke though, literally a room with some mismatched dumbbells, a cheap bench, and a pull-up bar. I was pissed about that, but then again the school was mostly beta video game addict Chinese exchange students so I guess there was no real demand.

No i used badoo, okcupid, tinder.
Worked pretty well.

Replied to myself,
But theres your answer

>badoo

Is that shit popular in Korea? I thought it was only popular in French speaking countries