Lifting weights: girls don't give a shit

>lifting weights: girls don't give a shit

>playing guitar: simply makes any pussy drip

Tell me Veeky Forums, why are you wasting so much time lifting and worrying about the gym when you could be learning a musical instrument?

And think about this, if you combined both, you would slay like no other.

Fucking lol at gymcels. Quit wasting your time. Some skinny fag with a guitar will pull far more pussy than some autistic meathead.

Other urls found in this thread:

justinguitar.com/
youtu.be/QqA3qQMKueA
youtube.com/watch?v=MZuSaudKc68
youtube.com/watch?v=cNF_wvZ-bDI
youtube.com/watch?v=8wq8DzpOg8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do both. Get on my level faggots. (I also only leave my house for work or college but thats irrelevant.)

I have played guitar for a decade and also lifted for over 3.
Muscles help more with women, but only if your face is attractive. if you're ugly muscles don't matter
if you learn an instrument with the motivation being to get women, you WILL quit. learning is too boring and repetitive
you need to be learning it for yourself, so you can know what it's like to truly feel music.
you don't know what music is until you play it yourself

oh and also you will look like a try hard faggot if you ever try to play music in public unless
>there's a campfire, and somebody else provides the guitar
>any situation where people are like "oh user come on, just one song!"
These situations come up once in a blue moon, seriously like once every couple of years. are you going to learn an instrument just for that one, 30 second situation?
no it's dumb

lol when ever I get handed a acoustic I play some of my hardest classical pieces (8 years of lessons). Catches people of guard so easily

Guitarbrahs, can I learn guitar at 20 y/o? Preferably by myself too, instructors are expensive as fuck.

If I'm 20, how fucked am I if I want to start learning to play?
Most people I know who play have done so since they've been ridiculously young. I feel like one of those middle-aged people trying to learn a second language.

yes you can learn fast. just treat it like lifting, and hour or so every day

>One post apart

im on the spectrum,i lift and can play guitar amongst many other instruments such as ocarina and violin.

>I feel like one of those middle-aged people trying to learn a second language

You mean you feel perfectly capable of doing it?

What's the best way to self-teach yourself guitar?

ultimate-guitar.com for tabs and buy a cheap guitar

the lines represent the strings and the numbers represent the frets..0 is open where you dont fret any thing and fret 1 is the top fret and fret 24 is the bottom one closest to the picking hand

seven nations army main riff for example is...on the E string..the thickest one is 7 7 10 7 5 3 2

>im on the spectrum
>ocarina

would you describe yourself as more of a classic autist or more towards aspergers?

Dubs don't lie

You can teach yourself. I dunno what sort of skill level you desire, but if you just wanna be some faggy basic open chord strummer, that'll take a couple months max.
Now the thing about guitar is that there's many styles to branch out and learn, BUT ONLY after you have learned music theory and have applied it to guitar.
Some styles are restricted to certain players simply because you need gigantic hands to reach certain chords and notes. Other styles such as slide require a real artistic niche because of its difficulty to play correctly.
In the end of the day, the choice is yours.
Just remember, you NEED to learn the music theory. Fuck all that noise about Guitar Smith and shit.

Tabs are pretty useless without sheet music tho, with tabs alone you have no way of knowing details like the time signature of a piece of music or the value of each note

Couldnt you just listen to the music ?

>instructors are expensive as fuck
You can probably find some guitar playing hippy that will teach you guitar if you buy him a sandwich after every lesson, that's how I learned to play the piano

Who cares what women think

anybody who isn't a autistic can get a girl
it's just not going to be 10s all the time

believe me, I'm currently at fucking 25% bodyfat thanks to having busted my knee, I can't work out no longer, but literally 2 girls had the hots for me in my last class (granted one of them was a permavirgin gymrat who probably gets the hots for everybody who's nice to her, I still do not understand how she manages to not have a boyfriend with an ass like that), before you ask, they both look pretty nice if you ask me I'd give both a 6,5-7/10, and all of this AFTER I unfortunately had to stop working out

honestly, all of you must've seen a fucking super hot chick, who's going out with a guy who looks like he came out of a drugs during pregnancy experiment, do you know what the reason behind that could be? either she's using him (gold digger, some other kind personal gain) or she actually likes him

A friend of mine really does not look half as decent as the guy in the OP, and this guy has probably fucked more chicks than all of us ITT combined, that's because "it's a numbers game" isn't actually a fucking meme, if you write 10 girls, maybe 1 of them will harbor an interest for you

I will never understand women, nor I or you need to, just stop giving a fuck and get out there, lowering your standards might help as well

tl;dr:
stop being a autist, be alpha, lower your standards if you need to, gf will come by herself if you're around women and not autistic

>hey guys check out the sheet music for this song I wrote, user can you play it on your guitar for us?
Tabs can be good for beginners but at some point you're going to have to learn how to actually read sheet music if you ever plan on playing the guitar professionally or at an advanced level

forgot pic

I play piano.

Yeah it literally is a numbers game. I think guys with higher test generally look better, and generally have a higher sex drive and thus pursue more girls.

>new years party
>bunch of friends get a house in the mountains
>one guy brings his guitar
>also new girlfriend
>sitting around campfire
>guy playing guitar for everyone
>all the couples cuddling/holding hands
>guitar guy's girlfriend sits alone with her hands in her pocket

>>>>priorities

Don't listen to these mongs. Tabs are completely fine

Guitar is the most cuck instrument

this is fucking horseshit lmao. I bet you 99/100 guitarists for famous bands don't know shit about sheet music

The guys that bring their guitar to play at parties or randomly on campus are the gayest fags ever. Nobody likes them

you dont need to learn theory unless you want to be able to improvise, it helps understand the music better.

If you want to take up guitar the most important this is to have fun and experiment.

just start playing! Learn songs you like (important to keep it interesting), mix with practicing scales and chords and always try to enjoy the process. Played for 10 years and have learned several instruments the same way

yeah, getting underage girls is real easy by playing a guitar.

>music
>just treat it like lifting
no

>do it for about 10 hours a week and try and get better each time you do it
ummm what's wrong with that?

Spotted the strummer fag

I do both already.

So what are the roids of learning guitar

not him but how about you elaborate instead of getting mad autismo

There is no cheat way to truly boost skill however as with many artistic pursuits normies can't judge very well how much skill different techniques require. Thus some good techniques that will impress plebs but are easy to learn:
two-finger tapping
one string pull-off & hammer-ons (e.g. AC/DC Thunderstruck)
Natural harmonics
Basic fingerpicking

Regardless of skill level appropriate dynamics, rhythm and accuracy are much more important than the number of notes you play in a set space of time. Better that you can really nail a basic/intermediate song than fumble a more advanced one.

Villa-Lobos?

Started guitar last week and learned A, D, E chords. Can play a few basic songs already (Hound dog)(three little birds) using those 3 cords, and the intro to paint it black!

I'm using justinguitar.com/ btw, really like the guy and his site.

It's really fun guys, when you play guitar I swear the feels just vanish. It really just absorbs you. If you like math and video games, i think you'd also like guitar. It also feels great to progress just like in lifting. I had this guitar for 2 years sitting in the attic, and now it's becoming my favorite hobby. I don't do it for girls, it's just genuinely fun.

And by the way, any of you experieced brahs know how long it takes for your fingers to stop hurting?

Metal strings. Not a real geetar

MICHAEL is serenading women with his GUITAR while YOU cry over your ONEITIS.

this guy clearly lifts

Pick a few songs you like, look up chords and tabs.
Struggle through them for a month til you learn it.
20 years old is nothing.

Took me like 3-4 months til my fingers stopped hurting.
My hand still gets sore when barring a lot of chords though.

>mfw play violin
>mfw constant "omg user play us [insert movie soundtrack here]"
>mfw no one ever asks me to play Bach's chaconne
Fucking normies

yikes, thats a while. must feel good when it's over though. Can't wait. thanks m8

No problem, friend.
Its like a rite of passage, just hang in there.

Being good with music isn't in my best interests atm.

Play Bach's chaconne for me, /a/non

But I do play guitar. Ive been playing electric guitar for almost 10 years

Why not user?

youtu.be/QqA3qQMKueA
>tfw not Hilary Hahn
>tfw no Hilary Hahn waifu

I don't get this whole notion that lifting does nothing to get you girls. I was fat until about 23 (26 now) and now I have girls randomly walk up to me in all kinds of situations.

Just the other day I was at Target grabbing a few things, stopped by to check out their shitty headphone selection and the qt high school chick that worked there walks up and says "getting some new headphones for the gym user" I wasn't even in the isle for 30 seconds

You guys must emit some terrible vibes

far left

i dont have the mong face and get told im attractive often enough,quite bright also but crippling self doubt loathing and im a social retard lol

bro, sales floor employees at target are required to greet all customers, they have to come up to you and say hi even if you're fat and disgusting as shit.

play por una cabeza fggt

Playing guitar in front of a girl is the most cringeworthy beta shit ever now. Maybe it was cute 30-40 years ago

Speaking of musical instruments, I have no doubt scored pussy by being able to play piano. It impresses everyone and isn't something I have to go out of my way to do like some beta guitarfag; if a piano is in someones house or whatever I hop on and impress, if not I don't say anything about it

>if a piano is in someones house or whatever I hop on and impress, if not I don't say anything about it
Replace "piano" with "guitar" and you're just talking about guitar players again

>this absolute lack of reading comprehension

You seem to have some strange hatred for guitar players

playing moonlight sonata doesnt have the same sex appeal as smashing out a sick solo m8

underrated

nothing dries up a pussy more than a sick nasty solo, some girls might be impressed by faggy acoustic songs but only teenage boys and fat middle aged men are impressed by solos

>tfw bassist

girls are emotional

music = emotional

you creating music = emotional to the max

girls wanna fuck you

youtube.com/watch?v=MZuSaudKc68

what about both?

and dont know who you are trying to pull? try not hang around old peoples homes m8

pianos have appeal but the guitar has far more sex appeal

why you think these celebs pose with guitars on stage and pretend to play?

>mfw play viola
>mfw nobody ever even knows what it is

Been playing guitar for 14 years

Dont like the trash you pull with it

Please NOBODY listen to this guy. I've been playing for 10+ years and learned how to write notation, music theory etc. later when I was in high school and much like a lot of high school knowledge I've since forgotten it all.
It had no impact on me personally and if I had instead used those classes to do what I do at home which is focus on fretting well and not flubbing notes it would have been time spent better. It actually makes me angry to hear people advocate so much theory and say you need a teacher. It's akin to telling an obese person to do sit-ups to lose that stubborn belly fat fast! It's like a half truth where practice, practice, practice is really the invaluable part of the learnin process.
The truth is you NEED to learn chords A-F (obviously), how to bar chords and just start writing your own stuff immediately. Even if it blows it helps to keep doing it just to see how certain notes interact with certain chords.
The vast majority of people never play and the sands of time wipe them from existence so if you start at 20; it's like lifting. You're already ahead of 90% of people.
Guitar is a vehicle for the compulsion to ascribe a cave wall, to want to sculpt a masterpiece; externalize your feelings.
Read a couple quotes from The War of Art. The world requires your unique expression. Learn power chords. Learn bar chords. Never pay for someone to suck all the fun and impulsive aspects out of it. It's creativity not work.

bass can be cool if you can play pure pop and slap funk stuff

im a novice on bass but i learned this little riff of late.

youtube.com/watch?v=cNF_wvZ-bDI

no attractive women i know would be turned on by the guy in that video

You mean violin right?

N-no. I-it's like a b-bigger version o-of the violin that's d-deeper sounding.

>Guitar is a vehicle for the compulsion to ascribe a cave wall, to want to sculpt a masterpiece; externalize your feelings.

Not that user, but I do the same thing. Choros No. 1 does the trick for me (the most challenging song I can play from memory; I'm a scrub and need sheets for everything else).

Just say it's a violin.
Playing viola is like the instrumental equivalent to having a 2 inch penis.

Christ I hate normies

We're all gonna fucking make it brah

>mfw I can playevery song on rust in peace and most of the solos
>mfw girls don't want to hear rust in peace
why live

Music is art, basically you just express yourself.

Treating it as something that's just mechanical like lifting is the best way to fail, even if you have proper technique it's gonna be pretty hard toimprove if you don't feel any passion for music.

i do music and lift OP

win win

Is it normal that I really really hate chords ? Seriously they're boring af.

i should add

no two things have ever made me happier

This was me in Highschool. Could play Lamb of God, Metallica, Megadeth. Someone plays "Hey There Dahlila" and my blood boils.

Remember kids, don't skip brain day or talent day.
Mind, body, soul motherfuckin trifecta.

Hey user, why aren't you a guitar douchebag?: The thread

This. Usually your mates like it more, get drunk, rock out some universal tune, sing it, and everybody usually joins in. It's quite fun. Who the fuck plays guitar for the ladies anyway, that's absurd.

>seven nations army main riff for example is...on the E string..the thickest one is 7 7 10 7 5 3 2
It's on the A string you fucking cunt.

sounds better in standard on the E,aint no body got time to downtune to what jack plays it as faggot

and the main riff when it kicks in is power chords on the A and D

If your in an actual band maybe, in any other social situation your just that autist trying to be cool with a guitar.
That being said my ex fuck buddy got moist when I played the guitar "never stop playing user". But she already liked me so it was just bonus points.

Play because you want to, be genuine.

>playing guitar
okay autistic neckbear

you REALLY want to attract chicks?
sing.

It's not about what you do exactly, it's about demonstrating competence.

Always pissed me off how girls obsess over guys that produce music. It's so fucking stupid, you'll never catch a man doing the same shit.
>Inb4 waifu faggots
Those autists are the minority while girls obsessing over musik is the vast majority

why not both
>youtube.com/watch?v=8wq8DzpOg8I

>>lifting weights: girls dont give a shit

only if you are an ugly fuck
sry brah