Ask a guy who can do 6 pull-ups anything

ask a guy who can do 6 pull-ups anything

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/pull-up-vs-chin-up-a-comparison-and-analysis
bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/pullups
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why don't you do chin ups faggot

i like pull-ups more

ask a guy who can do 11 pull-ups anything

what, ya think ya bettah than me?

Yes

shots fired!! quick user show sharpie in pooper to dominate with your alpha confidence

well to be fair you probably are

Have you joined the Navy SEALs yet?

why don't you do chin ups faggot

300 confirmed kills, son

Ask a guy who did 12 pull ups yesterday anything

Ask a guy who doesn't lift anything

There's a difference?

pull ups: overhand grip
chin ups: underhand grip

Yeah chin ups are for pussy bitches who can't do the harder variation and make excuses like "it's better for my biceps xD"

Ask a guy who did 12/11/10 Pullups yesterday anything

>yesterday
That was 6 years ago buddy

ask a guy who can do 8x4 pull ups followed by 8x4 chin ups anything, infact don't fuck you.

It's actually proven that pull-ups and chin-ups place the same load on lats. Pull ups for some reason engage the pecs more and chin-ups have a lot more biceps engagement, which is what makes them easier.

>pecs
I thought it was a back exercise, wtf?

Cringe

Pull ups are a chest exercise and chin ups are a chin excercise

Apparently the pecs help start up the movement along with the lower traps for a pull-up or chin-up:
breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/pull-up-vs-chin-up-a-comparison-and-analysis

Remembered it wrong thoug. The pecs have more engagement on the chin-up. The pull-up engages the lower traps more.

>8x4
>hard for bodyweight exercises

bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/pullups

>Main Muscle Worked: Lats
>Other Muscles: Biceps, Middle Back

What gives? Also pic related says nothing about pecs (even though it says chin up pic shows a pull up)

There are many muscles that have supporting roles, that you would not expect. That small amount of pec engagement to start up the pull- or chin-up by no means makes it a chest movement and it doesn't feature full mostion for the chest either. Point being, the difference between chin-ups and pull-ups are so small except for the biceps engagement, that it makes no sense to think one gives you bigger lats more the the others.

That makes more sense, but about the lats part, if it doesn't give you more lats gains then why is it harder to do than the chinup. I mean, what's the real difference in the gains you get, not in the muscles worked between chinup and pullup?

You gotta look at it like this. You engage pretty much the same muscles on the pull-up and the chin-up but due to the angle of your arm, you cannot recruit your biceps engagement on the pull-up as effectively thus making it harder for you, while on the chin-up you use the same muscles but due to your hand position you're able to use your biceps more effectively, thus making the movement easier, if this makes any sense. Basically there are movements in the pull-up and the chin-up that require you to use your biceps. Being able to use the biceps more effectively, makes it easier but decrease the lat engagement.

>but decrease the lat engagement
but doesn't decrease

ask a guy who did a pull up test yesterday and got 26 anything

Can you do 5 pull ups though?

I only did pull ups and lateral raises in my first year of training and I got sick chest gains. (grip slightly wider than shoulder width and a lot of lean, when you lean back with your legs in front of you pull ups are basically like a reverse incline bench press)