to get shredded as fuck bruh

shredded

as

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuurrrk

- Philosophy

* evolution & natural selection favors those who's best aligned with reality
* the only reason you're here is because of this simple fact
* it's the only reason star dust became self aware
* so the more align with reality you are, the more you will evolve (in terms of personal growth)
* so the meaning of life is just aligning yourself with reality

that's the basis, the foundation. now you have to do something with it.

I don't think there is a meaning. One day we will all die and rot, so now that we are still young we should have some fun till the moment of sweet release.

>tfw the previous generations always had some big bad scheme to rebel against
>tfw this same generation can't give you answers to modern dilemma aside from experience
>tfw they could get away with something illegal years ago while it's a lot harder these days due to more hoops to go through

>best aligned with reality
Whose reality are we exactly striving to align to?

Perception is reality, which is constantly changing. Normality is basically the behaviour imitating the main characters of whatever t.v show is the current favourite.

True evolution is not adapting to fit to the current reality, but learning how to make it adapt to you. You can usually do this by becoming amazing at whatever your current situation requires. How does someone become a great leader; they pave a path through the biggest current problem.

There is no one meaning to life OP. We all have our own, and i believe the point of life is to find it. For some its one thing, and others its a few. I always like the idea of Buddhahood tbqh senpai.
There are so many different roads you can walk down in life man, unfortunately we just don't have enough time to try out every direction.

Everyone is always hoping there is an afterlife or whining about how tough life can be and how hard it can be. Life isn't the question, its the fucking answer mate!

>Inb4 your obviously a sheltered kid who has had no real problems.

I was physically bullied as a child, mentally and slightly physically bullied as a teenager. Can't count the times i have been betrayed and fucked over by people. Deadbeat alcoholic dad, parasitic junkie sister. List of mental illness and after a snap which left me permanently handicapped, my 'best friends' ditched my crazy ass. No degree. I am bout to go back to get one though. I plan on joining societies and networking as much as fucking possible (even though its a small town and a lot of people know about the snap),

We all fall down, all you can do is get back up, wipe the dirt off and smile at the fucker who pushed you down. Don't give them the satisfaction.

If you are ever feeling really down, i would recommend reminding yourself that everything is temporary; the good, the bad and the ugly. It's pretty much the mantra that has always gotten me though the tough times. Well, that and anger.

The real life is the journey, not the destination

Your ultimate destination is always death, it's the journey there that makes life worth living

>full circle

What if some people want to see beyond the cycle?

What was "the snap"?

I think you misunderstood me, because of the words I used, not because of the concept, so I'll try again:

Everything is subjective and biased to some extent. No thought is ever purely rational since everything arises from the primitive subconcious, and then is backwards rationalized by the more advanced parts of our brains, like the prefrontal cortex.

The more emotional you are, the more incorrect your backwards rationalizing for your emotions will be. This is true for rationality as well, but the other way around obviously. No thought is ever purely rational like I mentioned earlier.

Aligning yourself with reality then becomes: looking at the world with as little emotional attachment as possible. That's it. You ask yourself, "what really makes sense for me?", and then you respond with an educated answer.

>Why be natty when we're all going to die anyway

To further elaborate: Let's say you have a person who really worries what people think of him, and it's bugging him day in, day out. Without even realizing, he might lower himself just to fit in. His whole life will be a search for approval. He'll change his opinion just to agree with everyone. He'll adopt other people's hobbies and habits.

All this because he cared about what other people thought about him, and then mindlessly followed this need to fit in without ever questioning it.

Now take the same guy, but with the attitude I explained earlier. He too will feel this same feeling of worrying about what people think of him, he's only human after all. But he will realize that this is feeling and it's up to him to rationalize, and ultimately, question it. He realizes the feeling arrises from the need to fit in. He also realizes that this is part of humans because of evolution and tribe mechanics and what not. You'd simply die if you were left alone a few hundred thousand years ago. This is why we have the strong urge to fit in and be part of a group. He also realizes that he himself doesn't really care that much about other people, so why would they care so much about him? All these questions will help him overcome this need and grow to be a more stable and confident person in the long run, though it might be difficult in the beginning.

If you apply a smilar attitude to EVERYTHING in life, you'd be a much happier and fulfilled person, trust me.

To just do stuff

>fit in
Isn't that what most parents try to instill in their children's heads these days?

Fair enough.
Oh i agree. I am probably a happier than most people that i have met even though they haven't had to deal with an ounce of drama in their lives. Experiences shape you who are and introspection and analysis can shape who you become.

I was always the latter of the two you described. I jumped through so many fucking groups of friends growing up and never felt like i was one of them. I finally made a friend who i could be as close to who i truly was but then he ditched me after the snap.

I am grateful in a way though. He was like the true and final straw. I mean, i still care about what people think, but only in a ambitious sense. The more people you get on with, the easier life can be. Job connections, a place to stay if ever needed, etc,. I do plan on going back to my old independent self but it never hurts to have someone to call when needed.

I do think it is important to care what the tribe thinks though. If even only for a defensive reason ya know.

Yes, I'm not saying never care about people think, just to be aware of the primitive dynamics that's going on in your brain. When you're aware it's up to you what to do it, but at least you didn't just followed it blindly.

I thought it was the opposite. Isn't this the special snowflake generation?
Was like a mixture of a manic bipolar episode and paranoid schizophrenia. One minute i thought everyone was looking at me like i was fucking jesus christ and the next like lucifer. There were a few times i was clutching a pen getting ready to stab a nurse in the neck cause i thought they were gonna kill me. i jumped off a building, smashed my ankle like a "plate out a five story window".

At first i told them i was on drugs, then i said i was lying. They were saying it was probably due to all of the weed i was smoking but i don't know man. The reason why i smoked instead of drank alcohol is because i was more in control when i was stoned.

Anyways, it was the worst experience of my life. I was so fucking terrified because a part of me knew i lost my mind but it was so real. Mainly auditory hallucinations but there was some visual shit too. I used to be afraid of death but not so much anymore. Its hard to explain. There are a lot of things to love in life, but at least when its over, i get to either find out what happens next or get to stop thinking.

Same concept, different set of buzzwords.

They're just more outspoken with social media and all as compared to a decade ago.

afterlife exists, reincarnation exists. if they would not nothing would have meaning because no one wants to play such a hardcore game as life is to just do nothing after the game is over. that's why are people so fucking confused.

death is just letting go of vehicle for your soul after learning some lessons and preparing for a new game. it's nothing religious. it's actually common sense erased by propaganda to keep people down

Yeah its really interesting. Its why i am most likely gonna pick to study psychology but i'm still not sure which part i want to specialize in. It's all so fucking interesting!

Probably between sexuality/clinical/criminal.
True. Wonder what it will be like in another decade.
I really, really hope this is true. Who knows maybe you will be born as a beggar in India and you have to work your way up through the streets. Or maybe a nigerian prince with an ill fitting email address name.

>afterlife and reincarnation

Any good books on these topics?

Religious books are too focused on Earth matters and less on the alleged paradise and torture chambers.

Michael Newton, Raymond A. Moody, Barry Eaton. Books of the Dead are good too. Both Egyptian and Tibetan.

Enter The Void is movie about soul of dude trapped on the Earth because of a promise he gave during his life.

>implying feminism isnt the big bad scheme we should rebel against

and im not talking about women are allowed to vote or some shit, im talking about the batshit crazy feminazi who would like to see all men gassed

They smoke DMT

Ian Stevenson, Where Reincarnation And Biology Intersect

There is no meaning
Your goal is only to make your time on earth as satisfying as possible

the only actual reality you sperg. don't give me this "whose reality" bullshit. there is one reality with infinite perspectives. when you look at a tree you might think of something else, but you see a tree. if you see something else then you're insane and require medication. tell someone what you see in the tree, write about it, climb it, chop it down and build a house, but it's still a tree you dumb shit.

ITT: Dudebros discussing philosophy

just to suffer

every night I can feel

implying we're all uneducated meatheads and not college graduates with gains and good jobs.

To me, life is like a personalized race
Everyone has been dealt different cards, and thus the race is different difficulty

No matter if you got the easy-mode or hard-mode, though, the goal is always the same
>To be the best person you can become

That's when you win the race
That's the challenge

Sadly only a few people reach the finish line