QTDDTOT

What's with activating almonds? Am I at some huge disadvantage if I don't activate my almonds?

Other urls found in this thread:

fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

since the last thread reached it's bump limit I'll ask again:

Is it normal to be weak af the day after working out?
Usually I can do about 10 pull ups but the day after I can't even manage to pull myself once.

what's the best use for these? They're called triceps bar but I find ez bars better for skull crushers due to the V-like shape which fits triceps movements better. Instead I use them for hammer curls.

My fuck buddy has noticed my gains. She's been asking me whens that 6 pack comin in, I've been doin sit ups and crunches 4 out of 7 days a week for 5 months now and i cant notice jack, anything i should Add or do??

Planks. Alternate between holding it and then resting.

Will do, I've been neglecting planks

From what I understand it means placing almonds in water for a period of time.
And memes aside I highly doubt you are disadvantaged

Yes, your body is recovering, for me its usually leg day. My job requires for me to be standing alot (8+ hours) so even i feel it

Planks seemed to be the factor for me when I started noticing real change, but I'm pretty skele to begin with so who knows.

Cardio everyday

Can you de-bloat yourself overnight?

Having a weekend away this weekend and want to look as lean as poss at least on the first day, but it's a mate's birthday tomorrow and he's going to a buffet... I wish I could control myself when I'm not 100% strict with my diet, but I know I won't.

So can I lose the waterweight I'll gain? How about using water tablets after eating and drinking gallons of water to not get dehydrated?

>water tablets

We call those ice cubes.

>ice cubes
We call those solidified dihydrogen monoxide cublets.

Also, I meant diuretics.

Placing the almonds in water starts it's germination process which breaks down the almond more. It makes the body's job of extracting nutrients easier.

No you're not at a disadvantage.

>almond germinating
Fucking retard vegans, almonds come roasted by default, unroasted almons are a little toxic, a country that can't sell fucking kinder eggs because retards choke on them would never sell unroasted almonds
Roasted almonds are kill, they wont germinate, soaking them will just increase the water content

does having a high bodyfat percentage make it more difficult to put on muscle?

What's an ab routine that I can do on off days? Typically I just do cable crunches at the end of my workouts but maybe it would be better to dedicate tuesday/thursday to abs so I can focus more on my compound lifts monday/wednesday/friday.

Take a really hot bath and keep refilling it with hot water when it gets cold. Not hot enough to burn yourself but hot enough to be uncomfortable. Only thing not submerged in water should be your face. Do that for 30 minutes and you'll shed some water weight. Don't overdo it though or you'll feel like shit.

anyone kind enough to offer a decent answer please?

Recovering fatty here, was 6"0 265 lbs now 175, goal around 165

Been careful with food for ~2 years, liftan ~1 year (injury break included)

Doing ~1400 kcal a day, with half decent foods, i'm still lazy with the cooking.

I'm hitting a plateau and have no idea what to do, I havent lost any weight this month, routine is the basic SL 5X5 + ~20" cardio 3 times a week.

Lifts are shit, no point asking, Help Veeky Forums

fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/

so kind of like a sauna effect? that's interesting, thanks man, I'll look into it.

No, totally the otherway

You shouldn't do it as your compounds need your abs, better have them fress when you do them and then work on then specifically after your compounds, if you do them on off days you will do a really high frecuency for your abs and they won't rest enough.

Lateral raises or lateral holds?

What happens when i stop taking creatine mid-bulk?

Can I still be considered natty if I take DNP for weight loss only?

but user i need to know what your lifts are

you lose some water weight is all

No because it's not natural

Is there any difference on getting normal weight plates, one with rubber on them and plastic ones filled with sand?

I'm leaning on the plastic willed with sand plates right now because they're so cheap. Should I go for it?

weight is weight, mate. It's great.

Only difference is how likely they are to survive impacts, noise from the impacts, and just general quality and feel.

Well, I use them for hammercurls

I'm thinking about incorporating skullcrushers instead of close grip bench press for triceps though

Best exercises & stretches to deal with a snapping hip?

The popping whenever I lower my right leg is starting to get loud and saucy.

>not losing weight
>doesn't know what to do
Reduce your calories or increase your exercise, retard.

Did squats on monday. I now have a lot of hip pain on my right side. Did I do something wrong? I went below parallel. This was my 3rd time squatting. I did 60kg for reps. Started with bar and gradually went up in weight.

Can I train legs again today? Or should I wait until the hip pain is gone? How do I avoid this hip pain in the future?

110 Bench (increasing once a week)
176 Squat (increasing every workout)
80 OHP stalling (stalling for 2 weeks now, will try to unload)
260 DL increasing (increasing every workout by 10lbs)

They are low since I started again from scratch 2 months ago bcos of broken ankle then studies ~8 month no liftan

Edgy !

this is about where my pain is, maybe a little bit lower.

Are you divebombing your squats and losing tightness? I used to do that and once I controlled my descent managed to do 183 kg squat in meet pain free

Raises - good form

Yeah I kind of do. When I go up in weight, usually I can't keep my abs or lower back tight for the first rep, feels like its not ready yet or something. So then I do a half-rep for the first rep, and from then on out I can do full reps with tightness. Maybe this is because of a weak core, but I don't see how that's related to hip pain.

>third time squatting
>60 for reps
You wanna snap yer ass, don't you?
You should niw feel your activated glutes dying.
Take a week off and reduce load on working reps next time. Take 20% off and check for results

Is it sharp pain that you just can't get rid of no matter what you do?

I am not in constant pain no. I only feel the pain when I do specific movements with my right leg, like standing up from the couch. Or the first few steps when I start walking. Or any sideways movements with my legs.

Yeah I will definitely reduce the weight

Sounds like someone tore a internal ass muscle

how bad is it for my body to delay my sleep, i have to drive somwhere thats gonna take me 6 hrs before i sleep and i just worked out 2hrs before, been awake 18 hrs

>18 hrs

Permanent damage start at 48h buppo

alright cool thanks user

I have a muscle spasm or something in my right lat, its been around for 2 days and limits my lower back / trunk mobility (though i can still hinge at the hips)

yesterday i couldn't do anything till i took an alleve, this morning it was only moderately annoying pre-alleve

should i skip todays squats/sldls? Should i do leg press/lunges/etc instead? Etc.

bear in mind that squats are basically the only thing holding my mental state together

>i have to drive somwhere thats gonna take me 6 hrs
You are going to crash, user

At the end of all of my sets for the day should I go back and do reps until failure for each of them?

Recently started lifting, been going for about three weeks. Lost some weight which I'm pleased about from eating lots better and lifting, but it's been three weeks and I'm not finding myself making gains or any sort. Just wondering when I should start seeing some improvement? I've heard people talk about "noob gains" - when do they start? Just feel like I'm doing something wrong.

>Three weeks
>Expecting visible gains

Oh my sweet summer child.

no progress visually or strength-wise?

Visually, it takes a lot longer than 3 weeks to see. Your lifts should be increasing in weight quickly right from the get go before slowing down after a few months.

How do I out of fridge mode?
Need help guys.

stop doing compound lifts

Sorry should have clarified, I don't mean visible gains, they'll come when they come. I mean going up in terms of weights. I mean, I've been doing dumbbell chest press with 16s for like three weeks and not finding them any easier?

:(

Leg raises + reduce body fat further.

Cut. Looking good though, no homo

It took me 3-4 week before my noob gains kicked in. The visual difference was arguably a placebo effect but out of no where my ability to lift went up rapidly.

Hit that chest a bit more and cut you'll be fuarking joocy

I do a circuit with ab roller, russian twists and planks. I do it after i run on off days

The pictures really don't do it justice but I've got a lot of mass in my chest, though it's not as difined. Hell, I can bench 325 if that means anything.
I have a fear if I focus on my upper body more then I'll lose my leg gains, though I won't.

Why are you grabbing your dick in the second pic?

[spoiler]you are looking good, no homo[/spoiler]

I wasn't "trying to", was just trying to just show my arms while twisting desu senpai.

Chest* not arms

Bench more
Maybe cut

sshh user, let them vegans continue to eat raw "activated" almonds, its good for them!
>like climbing the everest

I work out pf and I am using smith machine for 6 months right now, can someone tell me why I should switch quicker for actual bench like what are the overwhelming negatives?

Deadlift 200
Squat. 180
Bench. 85

I forgot to add 45 lbs so yeah. That to

>activating almonds
holy shit, is it 2013 again?

If I use creatine when I start lifting will it boost my noob gains or just don't bother?

noob gains aren't what people make them out to be. There is no maximizing them. A year from no you would have made the same progression with or without them. Use creatine regardless.

you've been essentially riding a bicycle with training wheels on. You'd be lucky to do 75% of that weight without the smith machine.

A smith machine limits you and prevents certain muscles from helping with the lifts. Part of squats and deadlifts are about balancing the weight, and it takes muscles getting stronger to maintain that balance at heavier weights.

You want an overwhelming negative? you're cheating yourself out of gains.

Chances are you already have a sick pack but it's hidden by fat. Do more cardio.

you can do crunches all day long, you'll never get a visible six pack without losing weight.

while my squat and deadlift imrpove everytime I lift, my bench and OHP keep stalling at respectively 60 and 45 kg.

Halp.

Has anyone here ever actually tried not having rest and recovery days for a period of a few months at least? I just wanna know if the whole "your body NEEDS a rest day" is just a meme or not.
Side note, but I know there are at least a couple recovering alkies here, what are some tips for dealing with cravings, and other ways to keep my ass sober when things like AA have failed me in the past? Struggling with it right now.

I have to wait till I can go to a real gym. I also do chest press everytime I go to work on stabilizer muscles.

I tag along with my friend once in a while and I lift real barbells and the weight drop is just 10 lbs.

I work out 5 days a week without issues*, and I'd work out on the weekends too if I wasn't out having fun.

*that I know of

AA is unscientific and non-falsifiable shit which is why it fails for nearly everyone. I don't know what works for you except to keep your future in mind.

Good luck and good quads.

eat more

doing 3x5 with SL suggested lifts and accessory latpulldown because Im a fattie and haven't read all the facts yet, and was in a rush to start lifting already.

I feels doms in my legs and ass, like I feel those areas were worked extremely well even with light weights. However my upper body... what the fuck?? Shouldn't I feel doms? I only have some in my anterior delts. But why don't I feel shit in my chest or neck, or back or abs?

I feel like I was cheated out of something. I can barely go down stairs or sit down without DOMS pain, but I can swing my arms around and stretch/twist my torso with ease. I want to feel the doms in my fucking torso and arms. To make sure the lifts are working. How do I make it happen?

doms aren't an indicator of a good workout. Doms are more an indicator of you being a fat shit who hasn't worked out those muscles out in a long time.

People who work out regularly, actual real good workouts, never feel doms.

im fat, my legs and ass get a good workout, my torso back and arms do not. so why am i not getting doms there. It's freaking me out user.

stop worrying about it

o-okay

Calorie deficit (~800-1000 cals a day) and lifting 4-5 times a week. Two weeks ago I started taking creatine monohydrate and I have gained 7 lbs, that can't all be water weight can it? Am I doing something wrong? I track my calories with MyFitnessPal and adjust for my workout (I.E. if I burn ~300 cals, I add like 200 back, undercut it to be safe).

a. sure it can be water
b. don't add calories back on, doesn't matter what myfitnesspal says, it doesn't know how much you actually worked out

yes it is, creatine literally gives your muscles more water

Because DOMS doesn't matter.

Just assume exercise burns zero calories and you'll be better off.

Track it in a workout log notebook on paper or something to avoid the temptation of letting MFP fuck with your gains.

Veeky Forums
I haven't weighed myself since my first gym assessment. Which was 187lbs.

Bought a scale after 50 days of dieting. Counted to the gram properly on myfitnesspal with an electronic kitchen scale. 5'10 male 25 years old. Tdee around 2350 and bmr at 1950. Cutting at 1900 because I don't want to destroy my metabolism again (lost massive weight through keto a couple years ago)

Lifting through a PPLPPLx routine. Supplemented with 20 minutes of front crawl daily at the gym.

Scale with good ratings from Amazon came in today.
>188.6lbs

What the fuck am I doing wrong? I estimated that I would lose at least 1lb a week through bmr calories and cardio yet I have gained a pound? Mad as fuck right now

your entire posts screams "I'M A STUPID FAGGOT"

hard to tell where you're fucking up. But just fyi, two spot checks over two months won't tell you anything. You have to look at how your weight changes on a regular basis, at most weekly.

I started lifting a couple of weeks ago and I have limp wrists.

This shit has been bugging me my entire life, not only am I ridiculously conscious about it but if fucks with my lifting, particularly bench pressing.

What are some good wrist workouts to get rid of or at least strengthen my wrists?

jacking men off

Does it even matter? It's not like I'm going to be 7lbs lighter tomorrow or averaged out through the week.

Are there any vidya games where I can lift weights? I don't want to sound like a try hard or feg, but I've been looking for a while and can't find anything that isn't the Olympics game from like 2004.

you could be though. Maybe when you weighed in the first time you were dehydrated and only wearing your underwear. Maybe when you weighed in the second time you had just finished chugging a gallon of water and wearing your jeans with a brick of a phone in your pocket. We don't know. Watch a video by scooby, he had like a 20+ pound weight fluctuation just in one day.

If I throw a pinecone at a chink will he be mad?

Rice digs