If one wanted to build a ziggurat in america how would one feasibly do it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D59v74k5flU
youtube.com/watch?v=jWZWTwJ_5Ag
youtube.com/watch?v=pJNIwtIcMfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1. Get money
2. Do it

Well, they would need a lot of stone. And some workers.

Then they would have the workers stack the stones.

I thought they built them from literal mud bricks though. Why is the idea of a mud brick so foul yet the Babylonians and others erected beautiful cities from earthen works.

Go to Arizona. It will stand forever

>get rich
>build ziggurat
>???
>profit!

on a more serious note, it would have to be made of concrete, if you want to build huge stone monuments, go to western china
you can get into hotel/conference complex groupation, become a director and build a hotel that looks like ziggurat, as huge as you want

>mud brick
>foul
Que? It was like the premier building material for millenia.

to most people it brings to the mind images of unimpressive structures like Timbuktu or African mud huts. right??

this is for my secret society fantasy but i agree with u on the profit part

I guess, but it's just a building material.

Wood can be used to make a beautiful Victorian mansion, and it can be used to make an outhouse.

Get some Mexicans to build it for you

will the authorities pay me a visit like they did with ruby ridge. do i have to pay taxes on my ziggurat.

>like they did with ruby ridge
Probably more along the lines of Waco. You're building a religious monument after all

>will the authorities pay me a visit
Yes. To legally build a structure the size of a Ziggurat, one will have to submit to a myriad of inspections.
>like they did with Ruby Ridge
Do you own weapons illegally? Have you ignored court orders on this charge? If visited, do you plan on shooting federal agents? If the answers are no, then you have nothing to fear.
>do i have to pay taxes on my ziggurat.
If it is on land in the US, yes.

*teleports behind you*
*guns down your underage son*

Maybe I shouldn't have given my child a gun and taught him that shooting US Marshals is okay.

Come on, my man, I'm not saying the Weavers were particularly sane or anything, but Ruby Ridge was a massive fuck up by the government and gave rightwing nutjobs insane tailwind. Same with Waco

>murdering unruly civilians is a-okay

*shoots your wife right through the face*

dont tread on my babylonian snake. gubmint stay away from my heavenly ishtar.

Oh I totally agree. However, the incident happened 25 years ago, and is a point of shame for all agencies involved. They have updated their tactics and methods to make events like Ruby Ridge and Waci much less likely.

It is not murder if they shoot back.

I'm not going to defend that. Vicki was not an active threat, the sniper had no reason to shoot her.

also while I really like ziggurats & Babylonian structures due to their place in time being the origins of cities and their aesthetics pleasing to me- I think people should live in homes like a Roman domus or many domi in a hamlet sequence.

(rlly dont like american suburbs)

You need suitable building land in an arid part of the US. After that just start building and make some yt vids, people will flock in and help because it is a fucking cool idea! You could use that to build a new age sect, make piles of cash and build a harem, but I reckon you are really just in for the ziggurat

>but I reckon you are really just in for the ziggurat
H-haha, yeah

it sounds so simple as just taking dirt from the ground & processing it but I honestly would have to read more into earthen brick material content before i start with my harem plan.

i'll be just like that primitive technology guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=D59v74k5flU

of course you need to know stuff about basic brick building and construction engineering, but basically it is just making millions of mudbricks and piling them up, then do some ceramic bricks to make the outside pretty.

Worse then that. These usually had manure in the binding. They're mud shit bricks.

Mexican workers from the parking lot of Menards.

The real thorn in OP's plan is securing the labor required.

t. Bootlicker

t. Sovcit

I'm pretty sure labor shows up when some crazy fellow is building the ziggurat. Like you'll need the land, some nice drawings and a viral yt vid and you're good. Like every hobby archaeologist, new age weirdo and hippy kid will show up and help build the temple. Like this frenchies youtube.com/watch?v=jWZWTwJ_5Ag building a castle and it became a huge tourist attraction and paradise for experimental archaeologists and "hippy" craftsmen.
Now user tries to build the new Babel in Arizona, should be interesting, lets see who applies for the spot as temple prostitute

>Do you own weapons that the ATF tricked you into making illegally?
>Have you missed a court date you were not told about
>do you plan on shooting non-uniformed trespassers who just shot your son, son's friend, dog, and pregnant wife?
fixed that for you, Mr. Horiuchi.

>pregnant wife
Fake news

this is easier than becoming the local city planner

>temple prostitute
do it for the goddess!

Michael Gira, frontman of the band Swans, has you beat on this.

He and a buddy built a ziggurat out of fucking beer cans and mud out in New Mexico a while back as part of some art project, and now a buncha New Age hippie twits are worshipping at it with their Hot Topic-flavored dances and chanting their Fischer-Price gibberish. Gira posted about it on his FB and had a good ol kek about the whole thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=pJNIwtIcMfA

She wasn't pregnant, she was actually just holding a baby who had already been born.

So much better.

Then they spent the next three days using a loudspeaker to ask her to convince Randy to give up, as she lay dead on the kitchen flood.

Thankfully she fell backwards instead of on top of the baby.