Do y'all wear watches that have heart rate monitors and shit? I wanna get a waterproof one cause I swim...

Do y'all wear watches that have heart rate monitors and shit? I wanna get a waterproof one cause I swim, but I don't want some meme-y fitbit. What should I get?

Also ITT: general workout accessories?

Pic semi-related

>I don't want some meme-y fitbit.
Good, don't get one. My work gave them out for free to the first 500 applicants and this thing is fucking lame. Seriously they are just overpriced pedometers with an app that is extremely inferior to MyFitnessPal. I wouldn't have even paid $10 for this thing.

>it's popular so it's a meme

Also
>water bottle
>phone with headphones
That's literally it

Just a normal terrorist watch (the one in the pic)
Simple and works.

Polar ft 7

>That's literally it

b-but, muh heart rate monitor

>under 100

nice, and it doesn't look like you need that stupid chest band either

the fitbit charge HR? I thought those were pretty cool I was looking into getting one

I wish sweatbands didn't make people look like fucking morons, cause I would wear them

Looks pleb as fuck, I'd be embarassed to wear something like that on my wrist.

Don't, it's shit. If I was going to get any of them it'd be the Blaze HR because at least that's a smartwatch with a heart monitor. The other models are all trash.

Get a fit bit or Nike fuelband.

I think the blaze HR and charge HR have the same technology regarding the heart monitoring.

I got this as a birthday present. It's pretty baller.

It's water proof, but I don't think swimming with it would do much good, heart rate monitors are pretty much useless in situations where they can't monitor deviations in skin surface temperatures.

They do but the Charge HR is still just an overpriced pedometer with a fucking heartrate monitor.

how do deviations fuck up the reading? Like, the watch isn't strapped on your wrist tight enough?

I was thinking of a different type of heart rate sensor.
The watch ones illuminate the skin and track blood flow through changes in the image, basically they track the deep colour of your skin.
When you swim the blood vessels in your extremities constrict, basically fucking up any measurements you might get.

gotcha, thanx m8

Do all fitness watches have some sort of phone or computer connection? Do I NEED to sync it with my phone or computer, cause I'd prefer it stand alone

You don't need to sync it, it's just you can't download extra apps without it

Pebble is releasing a fitness watch. They seem less silly than shitbits

pebble watches are fucking dank looking