Compound exercises is enough for abs

>Compound exercises is enough for abs
Can only do 16 situps...

Compunds are pretty shit for your abs, most of Veeky Forums couldn't even do an L sit let alone a front lever or shoulder mount

What do you squat and deadlift?
Bet it's less than 3 plate for either, unless your weight is 3 plate in itself.

If you can't bust out a minimum of 30 good form situps, you've failed somewhere in your training.

You shouldn't have to have a 3 plate squat or dl to get 30 situps in a minute, there are a shit ton of random teenagers who could knock out 50 having not even trained. Let's face it, if the number of situps you can do actually matters, like if you want to pass a physical for a job, then you want to train more specifically instead of going "I can squat 3 plates so obviously the opposing muscle groups will be strong."

Nah, I used 3 plate as an example because you have to put yourself through at least SOME form of rigorous training. Basically I'm culling the skellies and skinnyfats who say they can't put on any muscle mass or bench the bar, but still say they lift every day.

I can squat 4pl8 and diddy 4.5pl8 haven't tried situps but pretty sure don't have the endurance for 30 in a row it's pretty much whatSaid

Sit-ups are really not very much of an ab exercise though. It's mostly hip flexors and how fast you can move

Like everything in life, balance is key.

Core activiation in a deadlift and squat is different to performing situps.

>pretty sure don't have the endurance for 30 in a row
how unfit are you? Jesus

Too much cardio for me bro jokes aside I train in the 5x5 region and doing Texas method on a cut so slightest change or extra cardio fucks me over

fair enough man, but I'd seriously start working on other aspects of your fitness. Having good endurance will increase your work capacity and mean you can work harder in the gym
doesn't even have to be running, conditioning work/strongman events training are good fitness options

Already on it man signed up for swimming club and their starting time is when I'm bulking but currently just can't do it that's the main disadvantage of tm it made my lifts go up shitloads though( 90 -123 bench 130 to 180 squat 150 to 200 dl all kg and in 6-7 months )

nice progress, I know what you mean about TM, your recovery needs to be on point entirely for it to work
I tried it a while ago but with other sports+drinking it just knackered me out.
I'd seriously recommend strongman training though, even if you don't intend to compete it's great fun
I'm attempting a 300kg yoke walk tomorrow, hyped as fuck

Live in rural Scotland there used to be a gym that had strongman stuff , chains, powerlifting strong guys, even some Oly guys, the whole lot but it went out of business (honestly biggest loss)

I'm moving to a bigger city in 3-4 months though might give it a try, strongman are crazy strong and have shitloads of endurance mad respect for them. good luck on your yoke walk.

>strongman are crazy strong and have shitloads of endurance
it's ridiculous, I've done a lot of tough physical exercise (fitness sessions from pro rugby coaches etc) and nothing really has come close to strongman in terms of how challenging it is. Events sessions can be 4-5 hours long and absolutely break you, even at novice level. It's amazing to see people who weigh well over 20 stone have the endurance to do stuff like that

Squats have better ab activation than most ab isolations te bo henest

You need to practice situps to get good at them. Heavy compounds don't and shouldn't train ab flexion anyways, they training the bracing pattern, ie planks, holds and what not.

if you train situps to get stronger abs you're stupid anyhows, why would you want to train flexion when their purpose is ALWAYS bracing the core to improve rigidity and power transfer + keep your spine safe?

....situps are horrible for your lower back anyways. Not being able to do them is no indicator that you aren't fit.

the best core exercise I have found is front rack holds. Currently at 250kg for 30 seconds (beltless obvs)

>haven't isolated abs in years
>do 20 situps with a 25lb plate for shits and giggles

>do 20 situps with a 25lb plate for shits and giggles
that isn't a lot
why do you think it is?

>TM on a cut

how

>never do wide grip pullups
>do hepburn squats deadlifts ohp bench
>"hey user can you do wide grip pullups?"
>dunno, i guess i could do 5-10
>piss out 10 like it's nothing
What does this tell me. Deadlifts train bicep and back?

>reduce calories so that you are losing 0.2kg per month
>literally no alcohol, no staying up late, sleep 8-9 hours a day, eat perfect macros
>take deload week every 6 weeks (depends on you sometimes I skip if I bulked too much)
Enjoy making PRs in gym looking better all the while you feel like bubba is raping your asshole everyday.