How do you ask for a short haircut that looks good at the haircut place?

How do you ask for a short haircut that looks good at the haircut place?

Are you supposed to give number lengths? Do the different haircuts all have specific names? Are you supposed to bring a picture with you? I never know what to say.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xw4JP3bEvng
hairstyleonpoint.com/top-10-short-mens-hairstyles-2015/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_haircut
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ask for the Hitler youth haircut. They'll know what you mean.

show your barber a picture of the cut you want.

>Just fuck my shit up senpai

Have you never had a haircut before?
You should know what the lengths are in numbers.
Ask for a number whatever for the back and sides, and decide what you want to do with the top.

Buzzcut.

All you have to say. Any other haircut is for nu-men.

Chad literally hasn't SHAVED his head in years. Being on top of the FOOD CHAIN; he realized years ago that going back to his ROOTS was the best course of action. Nowadays; you'll see Chad rock a MANBUN because MANBUNS make women WET.

Face it GYMCELS

If you don't have FACE HEIGHT FRAME SQUINTY EYES MATH SKILLS AND MANBUN you'll never MAKE IT.

Just get number 1. I've done that since I was 14. Never ever since anything else.

>Are you supposed to give number lengths?

Yes.

>Do the different haircuts all have specific names?

Yes.

>Are you supposed to bring a picture with you?

Not necessarily, but it helps when you have absolutely no clue what to say to describe the haircut you'd want.

>Chad literally hasn't SHAVED his head in years.

literally the dumbest thing i've seen on Veeky Forums today

Never get a haircut from a woman. Women don't know shit about cutting hair. They will see you as some sort of doll they used to play with as a 4 year old.

That's mfw I used to be a [Cary] "Grant 5" and I'm now just a "3".

What a faggot

Find some pictures of what you're looking for. Find a legit barber, not Great Clips or some shit like that. Show them the pictures, get their input and see if they have any suggestions or thoughts. They work with hair every day and might save you from doing something fucking stupid to your head. Now you've got a crispy new haircut.

just show them a picture and say something like this senpai

Go to a good barber and you can literally just say "give me a regular haircut". If at any time the person asks you for a number to use, they are more than likely not skilled in that trade. Don't get haircuts from college girls.

Give him some credit,the poor kid is trying so hard to come up with new forms of shitposting everyday and he does it for free.

My Mexican barber's wife listens a lot better and follow pictures compared to him. Though he does a close shave with a straight razor better. But women, especially in barbershops, can certainly cut hair. Not too sure about stylists though.

i just get a crew cut

The numbers are eighths of an inch; for example 1=1/8", 5=5/8", etc

I usually get a 4 or 5 on top and a 2 or 3 on the sides. I keep it simple.

>give me a regular haircut
ARE YOU FKIN AUTISTIC?
WTF IS A REGULAR HAIRCUT.

If you're really autistic about this shit then just ask your barber for what they think would look best. 9 times out of 10 this will work but if it doesn't then, who cares? It's just hair, it'll grow back.

"HAIR TRIMMING UNIT, I DESIRE ONE HUMAN HAIRCUT: STANDARD MALE STYLE"

That is what that sounds like

related question: how can I find out what haircut would suit me? Had the same haircut for 8 years or so and really want to change it because I'm sure theres a more aesthetically pleasing one.

When I went to my barber and said "do what you think would look good" she just wanted to have exact directions on what to do.

It's a barbers job to cut hair. They've seen enough facial types and shapes to know styles that suit.
Just ask for their opinion and say you don't really know what will work with your face shape.

2 on the sides, trim on top

How I envy the people of North Korea

I say 2 on the sides and about finger length on the top. Gives me that longer on the top look, but It's still zero-maintenance.

>inb4 9fag

noble savage/10

They are called, crew cuts user. You have to tell them the number you want. A barber shop might have different sizings tho. Anything 4 and under is pretty short. And the areas you might say (top 3) (sides 2) (back tapered)

If you wanna do some style shit, keep it long on the top. But keep practicing by going to the barber and askin questions.

>9gag

Tell whoever it is you want a fade 1 on the sides finger length on top. Or a 4 on top.

ask for a "high and tight" or a "short Caesar cut".

You should also say not so short on the sides that you can see your scalp.

pretty hard to go wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xw4JP3bEvng

yes it's all hipsters in this, either way, sound advice.

I highly highly recommend; DO NOT go to a chain place like Supercuts/Great Clips as has pointed out. I was talking to my barber, and he broke it down for me. Obviously, they give you shitty haircuts because they're trained in a short amount of time. And most important, they never spend more than 10 minutes on your head. Apparently this is a policy to get you off the chair and to get more customers in. I remember what a sucker I felt like for giving them 3$ tip and not being happy with my haircuts.

My barber, he spends 20-30minutes on my hair, the cut is $15. And throws in a quick shave/cleanup for a beard or mustache(it's usually $10 if you wanna style your beard.) And I just give him the full 20 for being a boss.

>How do you ask for a short haircut that looks good at the haircut place?
Find a short haircut that you like which matches your face and ask for/show it.

Fucking simpleton

>Are you supposed to give number lengths?
Not unless you specifically know what number you want and where you want it

>Do the different haircuts all have specific names?
Most common hairstyles have names

>Are you supposed to bring a picture with you?
You're supposed to know what you want. Bringing a picture is a good way of identifying and showing that.

>I never know what to say.
because you're a simpleton. Stick to finding a hair cut you like that matches your face shape and asking for it.

I get a 1.5 on sides/back and an 8 on top.
You can always go shorter if you want.

Low bald fade, razor line up but not the top line minus the widows peak, decent amount off the top, not drastic.

They're right, you're autistic sir.

These are almost exclusively mid length and long hair styles

OP asked for short hair.

Also 9fag

That would make things so much simpler. I also wouldn't have to suffer through some insufferable faggot's beard or long hair

>A woman fucked my haircut once
>Waah women suck at cuttin hair baah

Why would you get a buzz cut at a hairdresser ? Just do it yourself you mouth breathing moron

Ηalf of them are short haircuts.

audibly keked

Besides #1, you'd be hard pressed to fuck up if you go with any of these user

hairstyleonpoint.com/top-10-short-mens-hairstyles-2015/

Not him, but I always fuck up the back. It's not like I'm so poor that I can't blow $10 on a hair cut once a month.

I probably am, but I don't care. You only need to tell them a few times until they remember you, then I just sit there in silence and they already know to just cut my hair and not talk to me. I always tip well though.

Say you want the 14.88$ cut.

This. Literally every time, in any barber shop.

>tfw pups give off more subtle homosexual vibes compared to skinheads

Barberfag here. WHY DO YOU FAGGOTS NOT DO THIS GODDAMN.

Short back and sides.

Normally a 1-3 around the sides and 3-6 on top for a standard looking adult male who has a job and is far to busy for too much personal grooming. Never trust a man with neatly trimmed facial hair or if he spent longer on it than his wife.

Barber isn't gonna give me the face of the dude in the pic.

How hard is it to just say "undercut" or something, anyway?

I have that haircut

52nd post best post

I want to hear someone do this with one of those machines people who can't speak use

Lmao why even bother trying to give advice you autistic fuck?

What kind of haircuts can I get if my hairline is starting to recede?

My point still stands to invest time and effort into finding a decent barber. It makes a world of difference. My haircuts are one of the things that I'm autistic about. I'll rage hard if they don't do a good job, but tip will if they do.

Fkin Autistic fag thats when they get to know you, OP has never been.

He can't just roll up and say "whats up, Lemme get my regular" when they don't know who the fuck he is.

He'll either get his shit fucked up or more likely they'll look at him like hes a fucking autist like you.

1. you need to find a good place
2. you need to spend good money
3. you need to have a general idea
4. you need to trust the person cutting your hair

that's literally all there is to it

just go with the classics, theyre not made for people with this perfect hair, but for everyone, maybe go with that cesar or something to hide that hairline

I dont know why your comment makes me laugh so much

>Treating your barber like Norm from Cheers

whats a good haircut for a round face shape. imagine the kid from 2 and a half men as an adult
>pic related me a few years ago on molly, the only pic i have on my computer of me, ive lost a bit of weight since then

Stay in school you underaged faggot

im 20.

i just showed them a picture i had saved on my phone of a guy with the haircut i wanted

Literally thinking of shaving my head just for kicks

Good idea, bad idea?

Good hair styles for black men?
How does one do a slick back look

My hair dresser told me that she likes pics because it helps her give the haircut that i want. Super easy breh

you people never seem to surprise me anymore, asking for haircut advice wow....

Number one all around will make you look like a tennis ball.
3 on the top faded to 2 on the sides is a decent moderate length buzz cut

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_haircut

This then say how many inches you want roughly off.

These things always feel useless when they use models; they could pretty much have bowl cuts and look good.

Need one with 'regular' guys, e.g. ones who don't have perfect angular jawlines.

based CHAD

Those are almost all the same fucking haircut.

Just click through and count how many say "longer on the top, shorter on the sides and back"

Medium fade, no skin. Don't touch the top

When I go for a haircut, I usually get 1 on the side 2 on top or 3 on top 2 on the side.
I always get a line up, tapered sideburns or pointed and a low fade.

This, my gawd, are you able to describe what you want, you, who spends his time lifting weight, with other words than "looking" and "good", you don't huh, so bring a picture.

2 on the sides and back with a bit of length on top. I go to a salon; they give me tea and massage my head and my hairdresser is a redhead with a FAT ass. Cash money son

3 on the top, make it fade

The only acceptable haircut for men is der hitlerjugend.

Jesus christ, my condolences user but you're gonna need more than a haircut to fix your problem

>nu-male: the haircut

My best haircuts have been done by women. I just tell them to do whatever they want and they'll do these fresh as fuck haircuts. Only 40+ women though and never EVER go to a race pure woman. They'll pussy out half way through the haircut and ask what they should do.

Like what the fuck do I know? I'm an autist how the fuck should I know what looks good and what doesn't? White women are to afraid of me getting mad and asking for my money back cause they fucked up my hair.

This is funny. I actually did that once and was politely asked to leave. Cost Cutters.

Shut up jew cuck

Just buzz your head and join us skins

on point, but calm down satan

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

go into super cuts and tell the girl with the weirdest haircut that she can do anything she wants as long as it would be accepted in a professional atmosphere.
Then if you like it she will write it down in their computer.
The next time you are there you just say the last person left a note on the computer.
Done.

now all you need to worry about is spilling your spaghetti while making small talk.
The less you say she will just fill in with boring shit about herself.

High and tight, skin on sides, leave a half inch on top. Or I say leave an inch, just however I feel really

Short please.

I just say 3 on the sides and trim on the top. Hate going though

Kek

yall got memed by the jew

>not enjoying your hair full length with a manbun

i'm gonna let my hair grow until the end of 2017, i have already 8 months of grow

top 2 back 3 side 2.5

maybe ask her to do your pubes as well

>2016
>falling for the manbun meme
should have done that five years ago homie, that shit is played out now