Mixed feelings & QTDDTOT

>be me
>ex fatty, now dyel mode liftan 5 months
>yesterday evening returning home from gym to family dinner
>mom: "oh user you're back home; you're like everyday in the gym - do you already have abs, why don't you show us?"
>everyone, father, sister, grandmother and mom are looking at me, waiting for me to lift my shirt
>tfw still belly underneath, first row of abs only visible with pump and perfect lightning

even making little gains and losing weight i still feel like the 130kg fag i used to be 5 years ago

also: what's your macro ratio on a cut & how much zinc/mag per day and when to take it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

these are my stats (working weight, 5x5, 5x1 for DL)
>5'8, 165lbs
Squat - 225lbs
Deadlift - 275bls
Row - 160lbs
The Press™ - 120lbs
>And the reason for this post
Flat Bench Press - 155lbs

How do I get stronger? Dips?

I obviously meant 1x5

best cutting macro ratio is 40 percent carbs, 40 percent protein, and 20 percent fat.

Will muscle imbalances fix themselves over time?
Been working out from skinnyfat for about 5 months now. My right arm is noticeably larger than my left which is normal but my left pec is much larger than my right

>5'10 300lbs
>no motivation
>about to fail college
>60% chance of being kicked out of my parents' house
>antisocial to the extreme

Really I need life advice. What do?

Get a job or join the military and move out. Rely on yourself and get into a habit of working for a while. After you can go back to college if you feel like it.

Can I make gains at maintenance? I want to cut down to low BF to see abs and then basically stay there permanently. If this feasible?

>Get a job
Like I said, I'm antisocial as all hell. Plus I live in a small town with not too many jobs around in the first place.

>join the military
I'm 24 with abysmal eyesight. No can do.

>After you can go back to college if you feel like it.
College is shit, will probably never get back.

I'll have to go with the job route then I guess. Time to talk to people while visibly shaking from anxiety. Fuck me.

You didn't mention you were a cripple and autistic. Antisocial means you don't give a fuck about socializing with others, not that you're an anxious autist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

In your case I would recommend begging to your parents to be a NEET in exchange for doing housework. Otherwise head to the local welfare office, because you sure as fuck aren't getting a job if you can't even talk to people.

I'm not literally autistic, but for some reason I've managed to barely communicate with anyone for the last ~7 years, since I got out of high school, so now I have a lot of trouble talking to people.

I'm also not a cripple, but my eyesight is bad enough that it's an immediate no go for any position in the military other than technician or whatever, and you need a formal college education for that (in my country at least).

>begging parents
Not gonna do that but will probably squat here even if they tell me to leave. I don't think they'll call the police or physically try to remove me.

>ex fatass neet
>down to 160 lbs from 264
>find a job in building renovation
>Here we go i'm gonna make it

I wasn't hyped for the job but finally i didn't hate it.

Fast forward 4 months

>my boss gave me 300 euros in total when it should be 4500
>An old friend of mine living in my old city said to me that she have feelings for me
>no money to join her right now
>i don't even know if the boss will pay one day or another.
>didn't go to job since 2 weeks because why should i if i'm not payed

now i'm stuck in my bedroom wondering what the fuck happened these last months,i feel like i went backward.

You don't want to study, you don't want to do LASIK and join the army, you don't want to work on your social skills to get a job and you don't want to apply for welfare. You're not even useful at being a burden. Get a therapist or something, dude.

you can make gains at maintenance for like a year. then no.

You can't squat. Your parents will just get more and more pissed then one day call the cops or change the locks while you're out. If you're autistic enough to not be able to talk to people go get it classified as a disability and get welfare+disability. Save up some money to get eye surgery then join the military.

not unless you separate the work load. as long you keep using a barbell the stronger side is going to to take more of the load.
life coach / psychotherapy
that shit helps

>You're not even useful at being a burden.
Wow dude, hurtful.

I just need the kick that puts me into overdrive. My life is complacent and stagnant. Nothing gets me going. I don't need therapy, I need something that will give me a reason to move forward. And it's not gonna be some guy eating 200 bucks an hour from my bankaccount while telling me to "search deep inside" or whatever the fuck they do.

tfw abs starting to show

That motivation has to come from you dude, that applies to everything.
Therapists are for people that can't figure that out. If you wanted to fix any number of life events you would honestly act on them instead of counting yourself out from the get-go. You have some promise by asking in the first place, but people can't help shit if you don't act on it senpai

These NEETs will do the most incredible mental gymnastics to absolve themselves of responsibility. They develop next level deflection skills and will use the feeling of being unmotivated as an excuse to not get up and do something to improve their situation. They believe the average person is euphoric and that is what drives them when it is in fact simple discipline. the decision they make to confront being uncomfortable and demotivated improves their situation and it becomes a positive feedback loop. Until the NEET decides to work hard at improving his life he is pure cancer in human form.

>didn't go to job since 2 weeks because why should i if i'm not payed
Oh so you're a useless piece of shit

You live in Europe you spaz there are so many workplace regulations and worker protection that the only way you would be getting paid less than what you expected is if you literally did not do the work you were assigned to do

This seems fucking likely. Take responsibility for your failures and be a better worker

Yeah sure,i'll keep working for free until the end of my life you fucking moron.

I haven't been able to eat anything for about 3 days now due to a stomach virus. Any food i do eat sits on my stomach for about 8 hours as it slowly makes its way through. I'm worried about losing muscle mass, should i work out in the mean time or would i be putting unnecessary strain on my body, and just focus on gaining the muscle back after i can properly digest food?

>Yeah sure,i'll keep working for free until the end of my life you fucking moron.
>NEET deflection skills in action
Maybe if you worked you would get paid

You are a bitch of a man and you should consider transitioning

zyzz brah

>Maybe if you worked you would get paid
Dude did you smoke something or what?I worked there for 4 months,and i got a handfull of peanuts,and it's not like i was the only one in this shit.

ahahahhahahaha this is so true

>'pure cancer in human form'

The headphone jack on my phone broke.

What are some good bluetooth headphones do you guy recommend for working out?

Posted earlier but I was misunderstood. I've been lifting for 3 nearly 4 weeks. I've been losing weight which I'm happy with but I don't seem to be making any gains. Not visible gains, that's not what I'm asking about here. I mean I've been dumbbell pressing 16kg for 3 nearly 4 weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier. I was wondering when it is normal to start moving up. When do noob gains start and how long do they last for?

I started barbell lifts after 3 months of lifting dumbells at home I saw a trainer so he could check my form. My bullshit detector was going off the charts every time he opened his mouth.

Anyway, he said that my form was too shaky and I should use machines instead. I was very skeptical, because obviously the only way I will get good form in barbell lifts is by practicing with the free weights.

What can I do to improve my form on my own? Should I be using machines when starting out? How can I stay safe, I really don't want to hurt myself lifting.

jesus
you just increase the weight
eat more and sleep more

are you following ANY guide at all? every single one of them mentions this. do SL for 5 months then switch over to GSLP

I'm slow-bulking, count all my calories in and out with MFP. On gym days I get to eat more than enough, but most rest days I'm hungry.

Would it be at all detrimental to my progress to eat more on rest days and slightly less on lifting days such that it's the same weekly?

Lift barbell with low enough weights and slow enough progression. Stability will come with the strength gaindd by working those small wiggle-muscles.

Finally got up to DLing 4 plates for reps, grip failing tho.

What to do to train grip for deadlift? is there a certain point where you've just gotta use straps?

What to do to train gr

Is the SS progression too fast?

What do I do if it really fucking hurts my delts when I attempt a low-bar squat? I can fit 1.5pl8 highbar just fine, but even 1pl8 on my delts makes them really sore to the point where I can't even attempt the squat.

How's this PPL? Going for combined strength/hypertrophy with pause variations inspired by based candito

Push:
Bench 3x5-6
OHP 3x5-6
Incline DB bench 3x8-12
Lat raises 3x8-12
Cable flyes 3x8-12

Pull:
Deadlift 2x5-6
DB rows 3x5-6
Chinups 3xF
Hammer curls 3x8-12

Legs:
Squat 3x5-6
Front squat 3x8-12
Plate loaded leg press 3x8-12

Second PPL set of the week is the same but with spoto press in place of bench & pause squats/diddys. Looking potentially for more pull & leg exercises.

Btw im still sorta dyel and i just want to spend more time at the gym because its the only place where i dont hate myself

Been bulking for 6 months. Should I continue or cut now?

Agh dude you bulked way too hard
Cut and try again

174lbs 5'10, skinnyfat.

I gotta be >20% bf. At what percent should I stop and switch to bulking?

Also I'm terrified when I bulk I'll just turn fat again. Can someone just pat me on the butt and tell me it'll be ok

You know that bulking involves exercising, right?

Cut to 10-12%

Just dont be retarded with you bulk and u will be fine bb

Oh cmon his muscle is fine for 6 months he just ate too much

If I'm going to do both heavy-low-rep and light-high-rep of the same lift on the same day, which order should I do them in?

Doing lightweight first would get a good pump going and thoroughly warm me up, but it may also fatigue me prematurely causing the heavy reps to suffer.
Going heavy first would let me be as fresh as possible for doing heavy lifting, plus would let the volume work be a nice cooldown, but I wouldn't be as warm for the heavy loads.

Yeah you're right, I'm just jealous because my genetics are fucked.

Heavy first but warm up with low rep light sets

Are Wide Grip Chinups a meme? How do they differ from a standard chinup or pullup?

Your genetics are fine you just overate. Don't be a bitch.

stretch after each workout

Dips will help

Are you squatting every workout? Try Benching every workout instead, just don't do The Press™ before it

Here's a side pic

We already told you you got fat. Cut, fatty.

What causes you to suddenly stall hard on a lift? I was benching 5x5 at 120lbs fine on Tuesday but today I failed every single set and even unracking the bar felt very hard. What gives? Is it possible that some adjustments I made to my form highlighted a lack of strength? All I did different today was raise my chest up more so I could get more upper back tightness

Also, what should I do if I'n really stuck on the squat? I've been lifting since the beginning of March and around the middle of April I got stuck at around the 100-120lb range for squats and haven't been able to move at all from that. I think it's a form issue as I've recently noticed that I tend to shrug the weight up in a good morning fashion and I fixed the issue recently by shifting my weight over the mid foot and I can feel a bunch of posterior chain action and it feels more like I'm actually using muscle to drive it up but I can barely manage two reps in a set at 115lbs. Should I just start over again and build up the proper muscles?

6'2" 210. Kinda just starting out being serious about it. Do I cut first, then add mass later? If I lift while cutting am I going to have any gains?

Yes cut. As a beginner you will make gains when cutting

im a 30 year old neet but at least i help out around the house, shop and cook

>flirting with cute engaged girl from work
>we make out
>she freaks out a bit
>realizes she needs to tell her fiance
>turns out he's ok with it as long as she still loves him
>he's going to be out of town soon

What now? This is weird as shit, why can't we just have a regular workplace affair?

Thanks user. Being 210 it looks like everything I read wants new to eat like 180g of protein per day. Holy fucking hell that's a lot. Haven't looked much into the rest of the dieting though. Any advice on cutting while lifting in particular?

You don't want to be the bull in a cuck relationship user. That's how people get rage murdered

Perhaps this was a brilliant move on his part. I don't know.

how is the keto diet, does it make your muscles look flat

>tfw unable to share feelings to girls/friends
>everybody thinks im an insensitive faggot

I just feel very lonely.

Try to fit some 45 to one hour of cardio 3 times a week, you only start burning real fat after 30'-40'. Complementary with your lifts obviously

Yeah cardio is something I have to get way better at. I hate the time commitment but I know it's good for me. I do some pretty low intensity stuff a few times a week: walking, playing sports, etc. But I should do more at the gym

You shoul eat between 0.6 to 0.8g per lbs of bodyweight of proteins, 200+g of proteins is overkill.

I thought so. One site recommended something like 1.5g per lb. I can't even imagine what 300g protein per day would even look like. Even 150 per day has been pretty tough for me

hoiw do I get my rear delts to pop? Rows aren't hitting them at all, I think my lats take over

Bomp

Wide grip chinny-chin-chins.

Do you roll back your shoulders and pinch your shoulder blades together during shoulder press like you would for bench press?

no

you should however lean slightly back so the bar as as much a vertical path as you can make it

Hello everyone

What are good ab/core exercise to get rid of belly fat?

Have a pleasant evening

Reading the sticky

Abs made in kitchen, not in gym. Do cardio to burn those fats and watch calorie in, calorie out.

Also: Veeky ForumsNESSED.

fork put downs

Working at a place where you're required to be social is actually great social practice. First hand experience with this. Get a grocery store and develop a couple entry lines into conversations with people. You can brighten up the day of a lot of people. Listen to a bit of Elliot Hulse, like his top tips. He makes a lot of good points about how your first attempts will be an embarrassing mess, but if you dedicate yourself to self improvement it is actually impossible that you will not make progress. Life is like being pulled behind a car by rope, you can get dragged along behind it or you can get up and walk. You will trip sometimes on rocks, but you will learn from the experience and avoid them instead of being pulled through the same ones every time cringing. Don't be afraid of failure, decide to improve yourself and know that will be humiliating sometimes, but your objective for self improvement can not be destroyed.

>Max squat 155kg
>Max deadlift 130kg

>He didn't join the union
>He didn't sign a contract
You get what you something something

Stop being a pussy. You certainly did not go backwards. You learned some employable skills. You're taking good care of your health and learning discipline. A girl likes you. You should be proud of yourself.

Kek

How can I tell when I'll be capable of doing a pull up?

I've never done one because I was fat my whole life but now I'm not

Grab a bar and try to pull yourself up you fucking greenfly

What is a good running belt? I'm looking for something that can hold my phone, my keys, a little money, and a small gun. I run a lot at night and get a little paranoid and I hate holding my phone and keys when I run.

Water bottle would be a plus.

1. don't fucking fail college or you are weak.
2.Start a keto diet today
3. Start fucking lifting
4.get a part time job.
5. Practice your social skills. Fucking watch tutorials. Even an autism can pretend to be normal

Is my dick too big for one night stands? 8.8x6.5" and generally I've only been able to get a toothy blowjob despite eating their pussy for p much as long as they'll let me. What else can I do? I found condoms that fit and everything but when tf will i use them?

Oh and to keep it Veeky Forums related when will the 70 FUCKING POUNDS i lost on my squat during my cut come back? Been back on the bulk for 2 weeks and not too much progress yet

Like there's big dicks there's also huge cunts.

how do i know if a girl has a huge cunt beforehand? Not like I can ask

>huge cunt, madame?

Kneel and whisper next to their pelvis
>Are you a huge cunt?

I find that black girls can take a pounding easier than all others.
Then flabby white chicks and Indian, then Latinas then Asians. But definitely you'd be hard pressed to hit the cervix with a black chick. Tho there was that one faithful night I scraped my dick on a IUD. . . The. Horror. The. Horror...

I might try that. I dated a filipina who could take a serious pounding at one point so that was pretty fun; weird since they're technically asian
Fucking kek

Don't go maintenance at under 10% bf for too long, but you can run it over summer. It has health effects if you do it for too long, 12% is optimal for your health.

>semi wide hips
>wide femurs
>fat distribution puts it all on my legs
>skelly upper body and fat legs
>hour glass mode when I'm naked
>fucking hate myself so much
>keep lifting, hoping to god maybe I'll one day look god
>terrified that if I ever do cut it'll reveal that my legs aren't as fat as I hope they are and I'm doomed to hourglass mode for all eternity

i fucking hate myself

What do you do about apathy?

Is there such a thing as too much protein

Why are there two threads?

Meh. I just go with it.

You honestly sound like my best friend from high school, but that was about 5 years ago not really 7.

We were really good friends, but I ended up going to college and he didn't do anything. Seriously, nothing at all except become a neet piece of shit with no job, no education, and fat as fuck.

We used to be sort of weeaboo but I grew out of in college and completely changed my life thanks to fitness.

I don't even want to talk to my friend anymore, his life just sort of disgusts me because he was actually very intelligent genuine guy.

I had tried many times to help him get a job and such or motivate him to do fucking SOMETHING. Even get a hobby that's not weeb. I gave up though.

You don't want to work, you don't want to join military service, you cant do school. You're honestly useless. Your parents will let you squat for awhile, but even their patience has a limit. Have fun being a burden to your parents, the people around you, and society as a whole. Right now you would probably be better off dead.

Get a shit Walmart or McDonalds job, save up money for eye surgery and join the military. Unless you're medically diagnosed autistic or some shit get the fuck off your fat piece of shit ass. You disgust me user.

If you were my dad's son, he would beat your ass every day until you did something. I feel bad that your parents are letting you squander your life, it shows how little they care about you which in turn sheds some light on your self worth as a person.

DO SOMETHING YOU FUCKING APE.

Should i be doing 5 reps on compounds in PPL? Been lifting for a year (but consistantly 6 months). Am i better Off with a body split?

Any real issues with legumes being my main source of vegetable nutrition? Am I being lazy?

I like static holds for grip strength (though I recall reading somewhere it's bad on the wrists, so use your own discretion if you feel any pain) load up 3rm with double overhand and pull. Hold the top position as long as you can and place down. I do 3-4 sets of these after diddys, and try to hold for 30s-1m

At 4.5 pl8s for reps, double overhand