Runners Thread

Runners Thread

So lately I don't know exactly why but I have been fucking up my knee occasionally when running. Two months ago I completely hurt my knee and could barely put weight on it. Took a 3 week break on running. Felt healthy to go back to running. First week was good but then on the second week I started to fuck it up again. Also getting bad Shen splits. What am I doing wrong? I have been running for month and just recently my knee can't handle it anymore. What is going on?

Bump

From my experience i got shin splits for running on treadmills then street running on different days. Also my shoes played a big part in this. My knew also hurts alot now but im trying to build the muscle around my knee. Havent ran in about 2 months and i feel fat as fuck

Sometimes you gotta take months off dude. Especially when it's chronic (or persistent or whatever) joint pain.

Sorry.

Are you running downhill? Stop that knee destroying shit.

How much have you been running?
Could be simply that you're doing too much too sun. Running can be annoying at the beginning cause you need to build up slowly, even if your cardio can handle it.

Make sure you are running slowly, and stretching properly after. Some strengthening exercises for the knee could also help

I'm fucking piss awful with my consistency with running at the moment. Had a good few months where i was out most mornings, really regular and doing well. Then i sort of fell off the bandwagon somewhat and i've been struggling to get back to that level of consistency since.

I used to go out as soon as i got up but lately i've really struggled to drag myself out of bed and get outside. Any tips, other than the obvious 'get out and run nigger' ?

how far are you running?
it could be that you need to take arest day in between runs, also could just be the sh00z you wear.

Just bought new asics and they're killing my feet when i run longer than 5k. My knees and shins are fine but it feels like i'm getting plantar fasciaitis

Ive been running for 4 months and in that time I have blown out a knee and my ankle. I refuse to give up though. IM IN CHARGE HERE

I got shin splints 3 times from been a idiot and not resting long enough, they only went away for good when i swapped to the stationery bike exclusively for 4 months. Take a long time of and do something low impact like swimming or bike if you can manage it.

>falling for the running meme
lmao

shin splits are the result of landing on toes. The only time i had them for a week was because I did a bleacher workout for an hour after practice. I would just stop running, running is gay af, just bike so you zero impact and you can't fuck up your form doing that.

Put your running shoes and clothes right next to your bed.
Put your alarm (phone I assume) inside your shoes

You could have torn your meniscus, go see a doctor immediately. I mean RIGHT NOW, the sooner you diagnose what's wrong, the more chances you have to get over it.

Ah, i hadn't thought of putting my phone in my shoes. I tried it on the other side of the room but i usually end up zombie-ing back into bed. In my shoes though, will make me actually think of running i reckon. Thanks user.

What's a good five mile run time?
Faggots tell me something like 33 min, but that seems ridiculous.

Good for someone who doesn't run too often? Probably 40 minutes.

33 is a good time for someone who trains, but still ways off from elite time, that would be sub 24 or so

Asics are heavy and generic. More trustworthy than nike or adidas, but I would highly recommend Saucony for a distance runner. Not sure about brooks but I've heard positive things about them too.

Sub 40 and you're a competent runner. Sub 35 and you're better than 99% of the population. Sub 30 and you're competitive

I'm 60 lbs overweight I wanna go for my first run today

what should I be prepared for..

Lots of walking