Hey guys, I have had some shoulder issues and I believe it all has stemmed from bad posture...

Hey guys, I have had some shoulder issues and I believe it all has stemmed from bad posture. So I decided I would work on my deadlift form again. I have been doing corrective deadlifts and I think I have finally started to get them down. I am trying to keep a complete neutral spine and it is tough to do but im proud of my progress. Here is today's video, just hit 115lbs. A few days ago I hit 95lbs and posted here and got good advice. I tried to begin correcting things here. Let me know what you think!

youtube.com/watch?v=vphGjOWhmzQ&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RWDznh9SHgA&t=10m5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks okay except for the eccentric. Also, put some weight on the bar. It's not hard to make 115 look easy.

wtf are you doing nigga. the second half of the lift should be a mirror image of the first half.

Stop initiating the descent with your knees and sliding the bar down your thighs. Break at the hips first.

Well in corrective deadlifts you are suppose to bend your knees 15 degrees then hinge at the hips until the bar reaches your knees then sit your hips down.

What was wrong with the eccentric? They are corrective deadlifts for posture
Arent mine pretty similar?

Plus it might looks a bit stranger that way because im going slow and putting emphasis on points on the lift so I can maintain it. I am following elliot hulse's corrective deadlifts because im super weak and have shit posture and shoulder problems

hmm

I think that when you kick your knees out right before you lower the bar, it messes up your starting posture and body position for the next deadlift.

This is how corrective deadlifting works.

youtube.com/watch?v=RWDznh9SHgA&t=10m5s

What do you mean kick my knees out? I just bend them, they dont go out or in they just stay straight but with a 15 degree bend in them. Unless im not understanding what you are saying

I'm saying bend your knees AS you lower the bar, not before.

stupid fuck he said he is doing corrective dl's

thanks

np

Speaking from experience on recovering from a bad shoulder, the best thing for correcting posture and such is the overhead squat. A progression on this is doing Klokov presses in a deep squat.

Well doc said no ooverhead movements and no benching

Ah i see. didnt u say in another thread u have a knee problem too like with contracting during a squat?

Yeah I did

kk cool

I see.

"No"

Just drop the fucking bar but keep your hands on it. The deadlift has no eccentric portion.

What do you mean "no"? Fucking shitposting faggot

shut up

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation

I'll through in my 2 cents. I had shoulder impingement and what really helped me was taking a break from bench and overhead pressing while also doing lots face pulls.

When I got started benching and OHPing I made sure I was doing more pulling movements than pushing ones. Also, I had some discomfort in my shoulder when deadlifting so I swiched to snatch grip deadlifts.

bar dropping is not allowed at my gym though it is a meathead spot

how am i supposed to DL heavy if im not allowed to drop the fucking bar?

Form is ok, move to heavier weight and shoot the next vid from 45 degrre angle so we can see your stance.
Also why do you initiate the down movement with bending your knees?

well there's dropping and then there's dropping .. you can do a controlled descent

This. My shoulders are bullshit so I focus more on pulls to even out the strenth between fron and back

How do you do facepulls without impinging?

In corrective deadlifts the first que is to bend your knees 90 degrees then hinge at the hips. I know it looks weird but its supposed to be pretty fluid. Here is a video of it right here someone posted
10:05

Why does "corrective" deadlifts mean you have to bend your knees before the eccentric?

I remember this guy from fucking months back asking for advice on squat, SEVERAL times. And i bet he has come no where with that.

Why you even trying idiot? You're obviously not getting anywhere

Well I was injured and kept getting pain so decided to try to fix my posture which could in turn help my lifts. And elliot hulse says to bend the knees 15 degrees before you descend. I know it may look weird to you but it correct. Why even post here if you have nothing worth anything to say?

Its called DOMS retard, everyone gets it. Now quit being a pussy and just lift.

Are you trolling or do you normally act like this? It wasnt doms. I had surgery. Rofl.

>getting surgery for DOMS

Why are you begging for attention so hard on my thread? What time is your therapy session today?

You are begging for attention shitposting the same goddamn advice threads in bursts every few months. Just fucking ask someone how to do the lifts, or look at a video on youtube. We dont have to see your entiire goddamn fucking "practice" sessions. you have seemingly no progress anyways. Its as if you like getting shit talked for being garbage at lifting just so you can talk shit back.

And youre shitposting on a random thread on Veeky Forums because youre bored and have no friends or loved ones. Your point?

Chill cuck, don't you have a feel thread to post on?

Those "corrective" deadlifts look like shit.
Do them the way actual strong lifters do them; break at the hip on the descent.
You're also overextending your back on the descent; focus on keeping a tight core and neutral back.

Use 45's, or put something under the plates to start the deadlift from a reasonable height.

Not him, but are you saying elliot hulse's training is wrong?
Seriously...?

Appreciate the advice, do you have a video of what you are talking about? Im always open to looking into different ways to complete things. Do you think the way my lower back overextends a bit is because the 35's are closer to the floor? Because with 45's maybe things will look better. But most people in this thread are complaining about the descent for some reason and im not really sure why. Why do they "look like shit"?

Just look up strong lifters on youtube.
They all do the descent by breaking at the hips first.

Your back overextends because you don't know how to deadlift, not because the 35's are too close to the floor.
Don't focus on just arching your lower back.
Focus instead on keeping your whole core tight, and your back merely flat/neutral (not arched).

Nice quads, and I dont focus on it being arched, it just does that. I try to keep it contracted and strong and it turns out its arched pretty good. Not sure why

its like you think he's not been told this before

Still talking shit?

what you gonna do?

Laugh at you hysterically that youre that triggered over a Veeky Forums post

Fug ;//

yourself

this

Manic Depressive