I sprained my ankle walking at night from gf's house. What do I do now...

I sprained my ankle walking at night from gf's house. What do I do now? Doc says I should stay off of it as much as possible for the next few weeks.

Has anyone here hurt themselves? If so, how'd you cope not going to the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eY095YwGlx4
youtube.com/watch?v=ggDwzsdoo6w
youtube.com/watch?v=4mQ2DlMgME4
youtube.com/watch?v=wmGVIvf8Q6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Work your upper body.

Stop being a bitch.

that leg looks fat. you are fat

>this fat fuck can get a gf
>meanwhile I'm still alone

I sprained my ankle like that once playing soccer. I kept trying to go back before I was ready and it ended up taking months to heal. Probably one of the most annoying injuries I ever had, much worse than even cracking my ribs.

>sprained an ankle by walking

should have done GOMAD faggot

He's not fat; his ankle is swollen, you idiots.

>can't reverse image

That's not me you fucking wankers. I'm 192 5'10"

doc said the same thing

have some. comes with nice voice
youtube.com/watch?v=eY095YwGlx4

>such an open and well educated mind.
May gainz be bestowed upon you.

I'm 188 5'10 and let me tell you, we are both fat atm. Don't be in denial

nah fuck that doctor and start GVT right now

i can see the anger dripping like mayonnaise from your morbidly obese finger stumps furiously hammering on the keyboard. typical fattie justifications

I have fat, sure, but i'm not morbidly obese and I have quite large muscle density. So don't lump me in with you.

I had a Grade 3 sprain(90% ligaments torn, they used to do surgery for it but found it leaves less scar tissue to just let it heal itself) from soccer.

Anyways, you look like an average person so you won't be affected by not going to the gym for a few weeks. I don't get you faggots that barely lift thinking missing the gym for a while is going to affect you.

>those toes

so what did you do while you were out?
Did you heal completely? Were you able to ronaldo afterwards?

My gf lives about 4 miles away so I regularly run there to stay the night/day and then run back home the following day. Last May I fell and broke two bones in my foot. I then got up and ran the last mile home and didnt go to the doctor for 3 months when my mother made me when I went visit. It'd have healed way faster if I went to the doc.

I often run trails and am always spraining my ankle. The traditional RICE treatment works, but more recent methods have emphasized MOVING (google RICE vs. MEAT) and continuing to use the ankle. I run on sprained ankles and they usually take two to three weeks to heal.

I did the same thing but it wasn't quite as bad as yours. Happened about a month ago. Ice it and keep the foot elevated, above your chest/head if possible. So if you're laying down, prop it up with pillows. If you can get a wrap, that would be even better, it will push the fluids out of the ankle.

But yeah, stay off of it as much as you can.

Heat up some water, pour it into a bucket with salt. Submerge your foot in the warm water and perform this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ggDwzsdoo6w

Once you find relief, perform this:

youtube.com/watch?v=4mQ2DlMgME4

Do stretches in warm water and apply elastic bandage between sessions. I'm a grade 2 sprain veteran m8

but yet you continue encountering sprains. That doesn't bother you?

Same as docs advise. Thank you sir.

Same thing kind of happened. Except after my gf closed the door as I was leaving I sprained my ankle and drove myself to the docs.

M A S S A G E
A
S
S
A
G
E

Seriously though, your ankle gets little blood flow so you need to stimulate it to help speed up the healing. Try ankle braces as well to reduce the chance you fuck it up even more. Were any tendons snapped up at all?

No one is going to reverse image search a fucking foot you dumb fuck

>I'm 188 5'10 and let me tell you, we are both fat atm. Don't be in denial

More like you just don't lift. I'm 5'9 190 and not fat.

Op, just be smart, man. If you can crutch to a bench and do upper body stuff with dumbbells or machines without putting strain on it that's fine. Its never worth it to exacerbate an injury instead of just letting yourself recover. If being Veeky Forums is your lifestyle not a bullshit fad, whats a few weeks in the context of your entire life?

>Has anyone here hurt themselves? If so, how'd you cope not going to the gym?

I've hurt myself a lot and I've always coped by forcing myself to work through it and making it worse because I'm a stupid idiot. Don't be like me

then don't make claims without doing the research ignorant nigger.

Dude, stop fucking around with your ankles like that. Once they get fucked up they're more prone to keep fucking up so you need to start babying them.

Veeky Forums still amazes me with stupidity at times, your ankle is injured and the solution is to keep running on it?

You know what to do, OP.

Pic related.

Who the fuck goes to the doctor for a sprained ankle? I sprained mine jumping off a dock, and after a second of bracing from the pain, I helped my co-worker load a fridge into a van and stayed the whole day afterwards. Just hold of squating for a few weeks, faggot.

I wish someone like you had come by and told me this advice when I was younger as a kid.

kek-arot

I've never sprained my ankle you clown. When it had happened the pain was immense, I nearly puked, and I was worried that I might of broke something.

>I've never sprained my ankle before, you clown

It's what I meant to say.

wat

I had a rough sprain about 6 weeks ago while moving; my ankle decided it forgot how to work and rolled over while simply carrying a couple boxes on a flat sidewalk... nothing dramatic. I had swelling and bruising just like OP, mild edema too. Now even after several weeks, I still have some minor residual swelling around the outer ankle, and my ROM is at still only at about 95% with some pain if I try to exceed that, but I can otherwise function normally and can carefully do some simple bodyweight/goblet squats at this point.

Take NSAIDs, ice it regularly, keep it constantly wrapped, and elevate it above heart-level as often as you can. Don't do crazy shit, don't massage it, and don't start stretching until you're probably where I am now. Your primary goal is to lessen inflammation as much as possible to promote healing and rebuilding your tendons, which those things will only prevent and end up extending your recovery time... BUT you don't want to baby it, either. Take shit slow, hobble around now and then, but be patient.

To get checked if you tore your ligaments or broken off some bone obv

So your a pussy with no pain tolerance, got it. Where did I imply I had ever sprained mine before that incident? It fucking hurt, you deal with it.

>look at me guys, i have a gf!

literally as bad as "btw i'm a girl". fuck off.

There are different grades of sprain. You're such a man user, tolerating pain so well and ignoring your bodies signals that tell you something is wrong and you probably shouldn't continue fucking with it.
You should probably started working out your brain, you simpleton.

You can still train upperbody BUT you cant be standing for these workouts so basicly like light bench presses you can do( with feet not being used as support on the ground) , but not ohp , for example.

>someone on here has a gf
Why is that a concept?

I sprained mine at the start of a game, played the entire game on it, drove home, then when I went to walk in my house it was so swollen and painful I almost was unable to walk at all.

Never went to the doctor, but in hindsight, I should have.

>t. someone who doesn't know the difference between hurt and injured

Words of experience.
Thank you sir.

What was your squat and dead before the injury?

Snapped my shit deadlifting and found out how awesome yoga is, now I go once a week

I broke my fibula last month. Swimming has been my saving grace, plus I can still do bench, seated curls, etc. Taking a calcium/vitamin D supp and abstaining from tobacco can help bones heal faster. Just work around your injury and be patient. When you have no more pain, start slowly cause your coordination will be shit from resting so much.

>runs to gf house to stay the night
Confirmed for high school kid sneaking out

how heavy was the lift?

sue her for damages

Wild guess here, but I bet you're single.

Does it count if I am not actively seeking wimminz?

Chill until it's not swollen as fuck and then go back to the gym and do upper body.
Use cooling packs on it as well.

>actively seeking wimminz
Implying a women would even consider you

Not much, like 225. Form was horrible. Thankfully it was a muscle issue not a bone one

i'll sue you for defamation of character, and for being a nigger to me online.

oh, you tore a muscle. That must of sucked.

>defamation
You don't even know what you just wrote.

Regular at my gym broke his leg. When I asked him about pain he replied.

>nothing pains as much as the thought of how many squats I will miss in the next 6 months.

Just work your upper body. People will help you if you ask them. Everybody will respect you.

>defamation, the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.
sounds right in the context of what they wrote, nigger

Soundtrack for your recovery.
youtube.com/watch?v=wmGVIvf8Q6s