Is the Starting Strength app worth buying? It's $8.99 USD. Already have the book

Is the Starting Strength app worth buying? It's $8.99 USD. Already have the book.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what does it do?

Has instructions & multi-angle videos for the exercises for form. Logging tools with charts & shit. Warm-up & workset calculator. Rest timer. Add and save notes. That kind of stuff.

i believe stronglifts comes with a warmup calculator (why do people need this tho? Start low, increase resistance & decrease reps until working set weight. Why bring autism into this of all things?)
for the other stuff there's youtube and notepad.

sounds cool. rip cares about quality so it's probably worth $8.99, but I don't see anything on that list that you can't do without the app. I finished SS without the app and never had any problems.

Yes goyim also buy the Starting Shill.., Starting Strength app of course for your best results and progression now.

ahahahahaha that picture

fucking lmao no, buy the sheiko app

kek

Fair enough. I probably won't go for it then. Just review the videos online & the book for form and programming and keep on logging as usual.

I'm thinking of doing a hypertrophy program after 4 months or so on SS. Good plan?

>hypertrophy program

Yes goym, remember to make an account on bodybuilding.com follow our programs and buy our supplements.

I was looking at Daniel Meyer's program in particular.

SS is a meme

if you need an app and a program get the 5x5 SL one it's free and you don't need the extra package deal that comes with it

I have it. It's not really worth it if you have the book.

Thanks, good to know

I have been doing a 4 day splitt since day 1 of my workout

chest, biceps
back, triceps
shoulders
legs

I have been training for a year now.

Is it worth doing SS now or just stick to my workout?

I understand that loadsa you guys are young and think a few months is a lot of time but I would read SS and do the program for 6-7 months gain 15-20 lbs if underweight maintain if fluffy skinnyfat or slight cut if obese once you hit 1/2/3/4 for 1 rm in at least 3 of the 4 lifts move on to whatever the fuck you want to do.
Also just telling you, as a 5'7 manlet my chest and delts only exploded once I hit 100 kg bench for reps and ohp 60 kg for reps so if you are taller it's gonna probably longer to get.

Unless you are hating the gym and want change things up for you to change a program it's usually either, I'm not making progress, I still look small.
So you did this for a year compare your previous photos and see.
If you are however wanting to get into a strength sport then sure SS is pretty good.

>Is it worth doing SS now or just stick to my workout?
depends on your current lifts. SS will typically take you to something like 1/2/3/3.5 for sets of 5 in 6 months. if your lifts are well below that you can get some progress out of it.

I got it and really liked it. The book sections are short (except for the SKWAT,) informative, and clear w/ pictures. it tracks your progress as you go.

Interesting, good to know that it might still be a good supplement. Did it help with form on the other lifts?

>has instructions
exrx.net/
>comes up with a warmup calculator
Do you need an app to tell you how to breathe too? Start lower then your max weight then build up to your max weight then do your reps.
>logging tools with charts and shit
Fitnotes
>warm-up & workset calculator
why would you need a calculator to find out your workweight if you're logging your workweight?
>resttimer
fitnotes
>save notes
fitnotes