Hi guys I have begun lifting and I'm doing Starting Strength (hopefully it works for me :) )...

Hi guys I have begun lifting and I'm doing Starting Strength (hopefully it works for me :) ). I remember when I checked a very long time ago there was a routine that incorporated curls on the sticky but the the starting strength link in the sticky is broken.

I'm wondering if anyone has a link to it or something that will achieve the same purpose. It is important since my arms are african child tier as you can see in pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My friend DO NOT DO SS ITS A FUCKING MEME, unless you want look like a skinnyfat go ahead.

there are no curls in the SS novice program. you can add them anyway, but it's no longer SS.

Do Chinups as SS tells you to

Do Dips on the days you don't do Chinups

Done

Ok what do I do then
I saw on the sticky some SS routine that just added a few curl exercises to the regular SS after 2 weeks of doing it, before the link was broken

don't do dips. they don't fill any holes and only interfere with press/bench press.

>some SS routine
no, the "SS routine" is the one in the book. if some guy on the internet has modified the routine it's a different routine no matter what he calls it. the SS wiki had nothing to do with rip and his people

>sticky recommends SS then links to a broken webpage

Don't do SS, squatting every day is a meme.

Should I do one of these instead

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Do gs lp instead

You need make your own routine that suits the body parts that need work. Otherwise you are gonna do SS and end up with fat legs and no arms.

no, SS is more effective. stop worrying about routine and start worrying about going to the gym. it's ridiculously how much time you guys spend thinking about the "optimal" routine. go lift some shit and come back when you're no longer a beginner.

But I want arms

Dont listen to this retard, if you do SS you will look like this. If you want arms look up a routine for arms.

The do Chin ups + curls on A
And dips + Tricep extension on B
If it has negative impact on your overall performance stop until it doesn't.

What do you do if you're the guy on the last panel? Just cut?

Yes but his genes are probably the biggest contributor to why he looks so bad. So in other words he's probably fucked regardless but cutting would be best

Holy shit please eat more

He looked pretty good skinny. But he absolutely piled on the weight in the name of getting strong fast. Which is not good for being lean.

Reg park 5x5 beginner

I'm morbidly curious to see you do deadlifts with those toothpick forearms

Add chinups, dips, curls and whatever you want.
It's not written in stone you faggots.
I go SS + accessories (chinups+curls+dips+planks+weighed pushups+forearm work)

Progressing well and my upper body is actually better developed than lower.

>AllPro
It's much more better than SS, do it

Memes aside, what's the best routine for a novice looking to build strength and muscle mass? I've been doing SS but don't want to look like that sad sack of shit some user posted above in six months time.

>inb4 GOMAD

do fierce 5 novice routine, made by someone who actually looks good and knows what theyre talking about

Novice can't build mass and strength in first 6 months. Novice should do tons of GPP - bodyweight exercises, exercises with dumbbels and barbell exercises in last two-three months of this 6 months preparation period. Any fullbody workout with ~6 exercises will work. Do push ups, dips, pull ups, inverted rows, DB OHP presses and DB rows, split squats and goblet squats and TONS of glutes and hamstring work (glute bridges, hip extensions, reverse hypers, goodmornings and romanian deadlifts), all with 5 - 15 reps.

Can I do it everyday? I was reading about it and it said non consecutive. I like working out 5-6 days a week, and while I incorporate running it doesn't give me the same satisfaction.

Because it's not masculine enough?
Also you should read attentively:
> exercises with dumbbels
> barbell exercises in last two-three months of this 6 months preparation period

>Doing SS
Pic related is me killing legs only once a week

you dont need to and shouldnt, theres a reason beginner routines have 3 day schemes. all you need to stimulate growth is lots of food thats at least half decent and sticking to a 3 day program, you also need more rest and less volume at this stage, wait until you're an intermediate to do 4-5 day splits

the progression on this shit is laughably fuckign slow. this is literally just people that are mediocre at lifting being hipsters over stupid shit

ss/sl is particularly suited for people here because none of you go outside. adding 10% to your 100lb squat once a month is fucking retarded.

>the progression on this shit is laughably fuckign slow
You don't need to grow strength fast. SS/SL gives you nothing in long run (~3-4 years). And if you not planning to to train in gym in 3-4 years you are a pussy.
GPP is much more important for beginner then gaining his weight on barbell from 20 kg to 80 kg in month.

> this is literally just people that are mediocre at lifting
> implying Mehdi is not
> implying Rippeto is not

agreed.

What your flexed arm and your forearm measure? I need to know, for scientific reasons.

"the ss routine" is not "the ss routine" because the book contains a whole lot of supplemental exercises for you to add at your discretion.

Starting strength is god tier, I've been doing it and look nothing like that.

So you want me to bulk even though I'm only supposed to be lifting 3 times a week? I'm recovering skinny fat, I don't want to be fat fat. I should add I'm newer to lifting but I've played sports all my life, so I'm not a skeleton.

I'm doing SS and I would recommend it 10/10 for anyone starting out.
Get Myfitnesspal to track your macros and if you're worried about getting fat again 'bulk' at +300 from maintenance.

Post boypussy

This guy is a retard. The first six months are when you'll build the most mass if you fucking eat right.

Seriously, where do you fucking mongs get this shit from?

SS gives you a solid strength base that can be applied in any sport or continuing strength program. It EXPLICITLY states that you can only expect to make progress on it for anything from three months to nine months, after which you'll need to move to an intermediate program.

I am routinely baffled by how stupid some people are about this. Novices DO NOT NEED complex programming to make gains. They just need to add weight to the bar every workout. If you're a novice that ISN'T using a basic LP routine that takes advantage of your ability to quickly make progress like Starting Strength you are literally leaving gains on the table.