Get job in hospital

>get job in hospital
>go to cafeteria for lunch
>separated into two lines, green line & red line
>green line = healthy stuff; i.e. baked fish, rice, steamed veggies
>red line = cheese burgers, pizza, french fries, etc.
>get in green line
>hear humongous fatasaurus rex behind me heavily breathing
>wearing a lab coat and scrubs
>read her name tag
>Firstname Lastname, RDN
>registered dietitian nutritionist
>more fat landwhales pile in behind her in the red line
>doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, a fucking EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST
>all fat women or chubby shitskin foreigners

How the fuck can people this educated on anatomy, physiology, nutrition, etc. do this to their bodies? I don't get it.

never understood the point in hospitals having clinical nutritionists and dietitians

you can literally find out anything they can tell you with a quick google search

doctors should be counseling their patients on what they shouldn't be eating anyway

regardless, fatties gonna fat and no matter if you tell the diabetic person that they're going to lose their legs if they don't stop stuffing mcdonalds and cupcakes down their throat, they're still gonna do it unless you stick them in a room and force feed them broccoli and baked salmon

desu insurance companies should make fatties pay for all their own treatment since its their own fault and not a dime of public healthcare spending should go to keep them alive

Well, at least you can still publicly shame them by forcing them into a separate line... Enjoy that while it lasts, pretty soon they will ban the green line because its mere presence triggers the fatties.

Now you have me craving brocolli and baked salmon, thanks.

disclaimer: I'm a doctor

1. Physicians don't learn that much about nutrition
2. Nutritionists and dieticians aren't usually telling people "how to diet" in the hospital, they're counselling new diabetics or gastric bypass patients or cardiac patients on specialized diets.

In my practice (head and neck surgical oncology), nutritionists are helping my patient population (malnoruished chain-smoking alcoholics) optimize protein and calorie counts to get through surgery. That means prescribing things like Ensure or complex tube feeding regimens (high protein, high arginine, etc)

>no green line
>half the staff start bringing lunches in
>hospital wonders why cafeteria not making as much $
and this is how cafeterias begin to die out.
Seen it a few times at large schools and a few hospitals. Go in at peak lunch time, barely even a full section used.

This. My sister-in-law is a dietitian at a hospital. Not at all like what "nutritionists" do for the public.

They don't give a fuck about themselves? I know plenty of doctors that smoke and drink.

>doctors should be counseling their patients on what they shouldn't be eating anyway

Do you also pay an electrical engineer to wire your house?

you've clearly never worked a day in a hospital

you try lasting 4 back to back shifts in med-surg and you'll wish you had some hard whiskey to knock back.

1. Physicians don't learn that much about nutrition
>graduate at the top of your class in order to spend 4 years, sleepless nights and $200k tuition on a medical education to learn everything possible about the human body
>autists on a Siberian yodeling BBS know more about human nutrition than you

Hi bro. Medical oncologist here. Where are you from?

they only know nutrition basics pertaining to nutrition to maintain homeostasis for the duration of their hospital stay.

you wouldn't go to your physician if you're in it for performance or bodybuilding.

just because they have an MD degree don't make them omnipotent. The only exception here is if they decided to specialize for athletes.

Most nurses in hospitals are welfare queens cruizing to retirements. Ever had to press that call nurse button? God forbid you do. They won't be coming in hurry.

They work hectic shifts for long periods, so they tend to have little exercise, tend to eat and drink high fat sugary things and are under a lot of stress, and being women, like many, it is harder for then to lose the weight. It just seems like a shitty place to work at desu gains goblin the profession

Man the school i'm at has an attached hospital and its also a med school along with being an undergrad literally every nurse and doctor here is either skinny shit skin or a shredded ass white man

Confusing stuff, the girl who signed me up at the gym when I first started was like 90 pounds overweight and she said that she studied nutrition or something like that and it was her expertise, in a year I lost 70 pounds and looked like a respectable young man while she had gained about 20 more, wonder how it felt for her to watch that happen we always talked and she always said she was so proud of me, not sure why she couldn't do it

I like that they basically have a line of shame, though.

At least you can ridicule them.

>you can literally find out anything they can tell you with a quick google search
You can render like half of any experts useless doing this

I'm not surprised, user. I used to work in a jail where I worked closely with the medical staff. Most of them were skinnyfat, chubby, or obese. And yeah, it was a mix of LVN, RN, Nurse practitioners, and Doctors. The medical Veeky Forums bros were a minority.

There was one nurse that was cute as fuck when she first started, but since then she has inflated like a balloon.

Same, haven't had broccoli in ages, fucking lardomom won't make veggies. we've had burgers for dinner for 4 days straight now

Move out of your parents' basement you filthy degenerate.

>How the fuck can people this educated on anatomy, physiology, nutrition, etc. do this to their bodies? I don't get it.
Non-western people have different beauty ideals and lack the western OCD about fitness.

>I'm Dr. House because I have google
baka

>you try lasting 4 back to back shifts in med-surg and you'll wish you had some hard whiskey to knock back.

Don't you guys have unions that protect you from shit like that?

>haes countries

lol

Doctor, huh? Mind prescribing me a large dose of your fiscal earnings?

underrated post

>doctors should be counseling their patients on what they shouldn't be eating anyway

Doctors should be doing their jobs and shutting the fuck up.

>arginine
he is a memer