Quitting smoking

Reformed smokers - How did you quit?
How do i have to start thinking to stop?

I've been a smoker for about 7 years now and i NEED to quit, i recently got a qt3.14 gf and she hates smoking. When i hang out with her (4 or so days a week) i just don't smoke, and it's not that hard. But i figure that's because i'm with her.

So for the goodness of my gains and wellbeing, how to stop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mgmVOuLgFB0
snus.swedishmatch.com/en/Snus-Academy/Snus-Questions--Answers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just do that except longer.

Also; If you smoke less than 20 a day, you weren't really a smoker in the first place.

When you want a cigarette, don't smoke it. I made X's on a calendar so I could see my progress.

Then I started smoking again. I'm currently trying to quit for like, the billionth time.

You jist have to stop. I was clear of nicotine for a long time. I now have a Juul and sometimes have snus, and while it's not great, Def beer than smoking.

Give yourself a daily amount of cigarettes to smoke and gradually lower that amount until you dont smoke.

I quit for 3 years and started back up again unfortunately. I only ever smoke 3-5 a day though. Would be very easy to quit again.

Honestly I switched over to dipping tobacco. I take care of my teeth and mouth so it's so much better for my health than smoking was.

1 craving at a time, they don't last long.

After a week it gets a lot easier.

After a month you'll only think of smoking like once a day.

After 2 months you wont even think of smoking any more, and I say that as someone who lives with a mum who smokes like a chimney and the smell often seeps into my room from outside.

The main reason i quit is because my lungs started to hurt and it scared me haha.

smoking is for pussies and vaping is for degenerate pussies

Also don't get discouraged if you only quit for a few days after your first attempt, it took me a few attempts to finally quit -- it's probably been the best decision of my life, i feel better and much less stressed now.

good luck :) x

You just need to take pride in quitting,

>Everyday without a dart is a victory
>If you have a dart or a few you lose your streak
>You need the mindset that failure is not an option
>also cut out your triggers

Switched to vaping until cigarettes became gross and then I stopped vaping

So the first week is the hardest then after that i should be good? I only worry cause i have a friend that's quit for 1.5 years and when we hung out and drank beers, he wanted to have a smoke with me

I've heard that you either quit altogether or just don't bother. Haven't heard many success stories with weening yourself off them

Yeah the first 3 or 4 days are usually the hardest, then it gets a lot easier from there.

> I quit for 3 years and started back up again unfortunately. I only ever smoke 3-5 a day though. Would be very easy to quit again.

kek, that's how all addictions start and the "i can quit whenever i want to" feeling doesn't last forever.

Thanks user

No worries man, you got this. :) x

Eat like a pig, take a break from drinking, not smoke for three months. Then you are home free.

The first two weeks are bad, every week afterwards gets easier. You will get fat.

Do you have any tips for when the cravings hit ?

I smoked a pack and a half a day for 5 years. Cold turkey is the only way. You'll be miserable, but not forever. You forget after three months. Just accept you will get fat.

Actually motivates me more than you'd think :)

W-why do i have to get fat? ;_; Why do i have to eat more?

Chew a piece of gum or suck on a lolly when you start craving a smoke, distract yourself with something else, and don't kid yourself into thinking you deserve a smoke after having quit for so long - that'll make it a lot harder to quit.

It'll help with the endomorphins and the oral fixation.

You can lose it again in three months

Thank you :)

s'all good man :)

Would you recommend patches or hypnosis or any of that other bullshit? Or just cold turkey? Do you get angry when doing it cold turkey?

Running helps with cravings as well. You'll hack up some wild shit

No. Patches means you have to quit twice. Cold turkey only thing that works. Patches will give you pretty rad nightmares tho, if you want to try them out before quitting.

I smoked for 6 years, though was never totally addicted. Though when I was drinking i definitely couldve been considered a nicotine addict.

I started vaping and lost the taste for cigarettes. the taste and smell literally disgust me now. since i got the vape 2 years ago, Ive taken a drag off of 3 cigarettes and handed them off immediately. i know its not exactly quitting, but its much the lesser of two evils.

I've thought about vaping but i just feel like i wouldn't have quite made it yet if i'm still smoking something. I'm happy for you though :) much better for your body and you won't smell like shit. Wish i'd never started

Hey faggot, here's what I did.

Today marked 2 weeks so far.

So...
1.) Stop smoking right fucking now
If you won't stop right NOW, you won't ever. I decided to quit with a pack that had like 17 smokes still in it, and I hadn't had my mid afternoon smoke yet. I needed one and I just "no, I'm done."

I'd recommend actually waiting till you get a craving to stop, that way your not waiting on one to strike wondering how bad it'll be.

2.) I've been supplementing my qutting with the nicotine gum. It's been 14 days today and I've gone through less than 2 10 packs. 1st 4mg, the 2nd I downgraded to the 2mg. I'm doing about less than to 1 piece a day. Mainly when I'm bored at night. NEVER during at the day or at worm because you need to

3.) STAY FUCKING BUSY. I've gotten so much shit done the past 2 weeks. When you stop, when you slow down...you start thinking about it.
If you don't smoke menthol, don't bother to continue reading.

4.) Minty minty gum. 5 gum winter mint. The mintiest, burniest gum you can buy.

5.) MENTHOL cough drops. The blue halls bag. Its not a flavor, its just a menthol flavored death candy.

Ive been chewing minty gum and eating menthol cough drops like a faggot sucks dicks. Keeping the flavor of menthol in my mouth and the feeling of menthol in my lungs all day really fucking helps.

Your welcome.

Smoked for 12 years.
2 weeks smoke free today.
Started when I was 16 to impress a girl.
Probably gunna start again to have an affair with a girl I work with.

This.

Smoked for 5 years. ring that time I tried everything to quit. Chewed gum, toothpicks, candy, e-cigs the lot. Weening didn't work for shit either.

Every time I failed to quit, my dad would call me a bitch with no will power. (He had previously been a smoker for 13 years, quitting cold turkey when my little bro was born)

One day I just finished a pack on my break at work and didn't have time to buy a new pack. I was pretty busy and went he whole day without a smoke. On the way home I had a craving but I just thought that if I got that pack I would be a weak willed pussy just like my dad said. Haven't smoked in 6 months now.

It's a hard habit to kick, but being a weak willed little bitch won't help. Just remember that.

Also like to add:

>the first few nights that you keep waking up through are the worst but they stop fast

>days get easier, nights get harder

>then...nights start getting easier

The legit hardest part is dissociating smoking from the rest of your life.

Having to disconnect smoking from
>driving
>coffee
>sex
>after your lift
>before bed
>whatever

Thats the absolute worst.

Once you separate it from driving though (assuming your not a poorfag or autistic non-driving faggot) the rest follows.

Alcohol though. I could quit drinking and smoking for 20 years, but if day one of year 21 i got wasted id still be smokin.

Ive been wasted twice the past 2 weeks during my quitting attempt and didn't smoke, but only because i wanna "have it licked" before i dip into casual social drinking smoking.

Legit dude, once your this far in and you the urge to smoke its funny like, "no, fuck you, im not giving you my 14 days, ive already given you enough."

I can go into the mental insanity and reasons why i quit of anyones curious.

OP here, i've read everything you've written and taken it into account. I just need to do it. The hardest part i'm finding now mentally is

> I should quit after going out on Saturday
>I still have half a pack left
>How will i get through a work day without one (cause i get to have smoke breaks 4-5 times a day and it's good to go outside)

Also, what kind of gains have you noticed since quitting? General feeling better? More energy? Also has sex been different?

I'm not poor or autistic or anything, in Aus packets are 26 bucks each so it's super expensive.

My biggest triggers are probably
>driving
>coffee
>before bed
>after physical activity
>after food

Also i do wanna hear reasons you quit and motivations

>working as a cook in a busy restaurant
Nicotine addictions are practically mandatory to get a break at all

clean your car and air it out to get rid of the smell before you quit.

>Also, what kind of gains have you noticed since quitting?

less irritable
less stressed

Let on that you still smoke so you can still go on breaks. Or do an e cigarette?

Alright; that user here.

No gains. I started lifting last week...literally...power rack came last week.

Also....regarding your crybaby bullshit of
>quit after going out
>quit after this pack

See my #1.

The reason I quit is because I wanted control.

My life is pretty shitty right now
>marriage
>work
>school

All of those suck.

Gained a ton of weight since i left the army...

But I do have money, and decided to get /fit.

No sense in getting fit unless I get healthy.

Cant be healthy if i smoke a pack a day.

I started watching alot of motivational videos on youtube.
>alot of you wont try because the fear of failure is stronger than the allure of success
>the only reason you havent succeeded at anything is because you haven't tried LONG ENOUGH
>pain in temporary but if you quit, it will last forever.

I wanted control of my life.

Its not MY decision to stop after work and buy smokes.
Its not MY decision to step out and have one.
Its not MY choice to have to say
>yeah ill be ready in a minute let me go outside

I was tired of being controlled.

I was tired of being fucking bullied, but cigarettes.

I was washing the dishes one day listening to the motivational stuff and i just had an autistic emotional breakdown.

My 6 yr old came walking up to me as i was laying on the floor screaming and crying like a faggot amd asked me what was wrong.

I told her to go get 'daddys camel menthols' and ripped it in half over a trash can.

All the while crying and snotting and screaming things like
>fuck you i dont need you
>get the fuck out of my life
>im fucking done with you
>FAGGOT

Super aspy.

Kid was pretty scared though.

This is the video that changed my life
youtu.be/mgmVOuLgFB0

Most aspects of my life are fucking disasters so i decided to get a grip and change what i CAN about myself....and allow the rest of my life to change naturally around the changes that I commit to.

I just really need control right now.....
Cont.

>cont.

I just really need control right now, and i cant have control with something controlling me.

Control the smoking.

Control my lifting schedule.

Diet is next.

Honestly brother....its been harder trying to eat better than to not smoke.

Whatever.

I have alot of issues and im trying to work them out.

Fuck you.

At least im doing something

Fuck all you faggots

I switched to vaping
It's not really stopping it's just getting your nicotine rush without the tar and rat poison etc

Try Swedish snus. It's great.

>No carcinogens
>Use of Swedish snus is not a risk factor for oral cancer.
>No association has been established between use of Swedish snus and neck and oesophagus cancer.
>There is no association between snus use and gastric cancer.
>The mortality from cancer is not increased among Swedish snus users.

forgot link for good info on snus snus.swedishmatch.com/en/Snus-Academy/Snus-Questions--Answers/

Not him but I found it much, much easier to stop vaping then stop smoking

l0l this it what retards actually beleive.

i cant believe how stupid some people are.

All you need is one cigarette every 2 weeks and it'll singe off all the cilia (hairs) on the inside of your throat meaning you won't filter dust and mucus and you'll get the hacking smokers cough, oxide in blood. Any amount of tabaco is bad.

Swedish snus is amazing and it makes my dick moist, but thats because I live in cuckcentral.

Keep in mind quitting snus is about a thousand times harder than giving up smoking.

I started vaping and stopped smoking. Whilst it doesn't completely fill the void of cigarettes it is a good way to get the cravings down. About a week after I started vaping I cheated and had a cigarette and it was GROSS. I couldn't even finish it. It's like how some people get super drunk off of a certain liquor and can never drink it again; that is how I am with cigarettes now.

I stopped vaping like a week later.

That may be the case for some but considering the significant differences in health risks I'd say it's a lot better to be addicted to snus than cigarettes

Damn, good luck getting your shit back together man. You know what needs to be done, better than anyone. All the best.

>Whilst it doesn't completely fill the void
>Whilst
What a fucking faggot. Who talks like that? Of course you vaped; it only makes sense

>using semi-colon in his text on a trans-atlantic boat motor board

what a faggot

BTFO?
T
F
O
!