How Veeky Forums changed my life

How Veeky Forums changed my life

So I graduated today. My parents and most of my friends didn't celebrate with me or cheer. Only a few of my friends were happy for me. I finished with a 4.1 weighted GPA. I'm joining the military, and my family isn't happy with this. Neither are some of my friends, mostly the ones that are female.

When I started working out freshman year, I had scrawny arms and belly fat. I was a loser. All I cared about was grades.

As I progressed, I realized learning isn't just mental. It's both physical and mental. By the time I got to junior year, I knew what I wanted to do. I loved working out, I loved training, and I loved learning new skills. I decided to join the military.

My parents and friends told me to go to college, but I don't want to waste 4 years of my life going to bullshit classes just to get a bullshit desk job and live a boring civilian life.

I didn't tell them until halfway through May. At first, they didn't believe me, but when I signed up they were shocked and angry with me. But some of my friends stuck with me. Those are my true friends, those are the people I respect. I passed the physical test with flying colors.

From Freshman to Senior year, I have gained so much muscle, lost so much fat, and gotten so many great experiences. Learning new techniques, working out with friends, bring my out of shape friends to start training at the gym. I wouldn't trade any of it.

I'd like to thank Veeky Forums for the sense of community you've given me through high school, even if just lurked. I love you guys. If the biggest loser like me can turn into a super soldier, you guys definitely can. We're all gonna make it.

Faggot asshole, hope you get killed.
Unless it's no the US military, then we cool.

Also memes
(mirin' that life change tho)

>Unless it's not the US military
Thats where the only military force on earth is located, yurocuck

They are probably worried for you fucking idiot. When you actually grow up you will understand this, congrats for the gains.

what was your asvab score?

Quit being dicks this is inspiring, OP is living a life he's probably never thought he'd get to live so shut the fuck up, because to me that's the definition of making it, reaching a point you never thought you could or those around you could expect from yourself.

bro you should probably aim to be an officer if you're halfway clever and serious about making a career in the military.

different branches have different reqs for becoming an officer, (many include having a 4year degree) but definitely look into it.

holy shit im retarded and i got a 98
then again if i joined the military i'd probably end up shooting myself in the first week because i'm retarded
good luck user, u are stronger than me

have fun getting your dick blown off for your jewish masters

not even memeing here

>but I don't want to waste 4 years of my life going to bullshit classes just to get a bullshit desk job and live a boring civilian life.
wow, what a great concept you have about a job m8.
But anyway, that's a great progress for you mang, and congrats 4you're gainz

not bad

what mos are you going into?

I sure hope you're planning to use the GI bill to go to college after and I hope you know that the military life isnt super exciting either

> memes
> claims to not be meming
no

Go ROTC, get your degree. Military life is much, much better as an officer. If you want to stay in for more than 4-6 years, you're going to have to get a degree anyway. Might as well do at at the start and make the rest of the time much more valuable (start on an accelerated promotion path, lifestyle and friends are better, more freedom, etc).

If you must go enlisted, Navy Nuke. Your life will suck while you're in, but there is an enormous different between Nukes and literally every other single job in the entire military when you transition out.

Source: Ex-Navy Nuke.

going ROTC path

I'm also joining the national guard as 11b first so I'm not an entirely incompetent pog once I commission

Hey man you sound exactly like me. I'm just about to finish my pointless degree in humanities and next year I'm joining the Australian Navy because fuck it.

Veeky Forums has been great for me too, I've developed so much confidence from getting strong and healthy.

All the best mate, work hard and you'll get everything you want in life.

OP you didn't make a bad choice unless you make it one.

Enjoy your time, take advantage of opportunities and don't be a shitbag.

>navy nuke

is is true all you guys do is push buttons in a dark, humid cave?

Hey bro im really fucking proud you stuck to yourself, now go make something extraordinary out of your life... be the swolest soldier and never forget who your real friends are

Depended on which type of nuke you were.
We were all equally miserable and sleep deprived, though.

But I wouldn't go back and pick any other path, given a choice. The doors that were opened as a result of being a Nuke are invaluable. It was worth the six horrific years to be where I am now.

Go bro be Captain America

>hail Veeky Forums

can you describe the typical day of a nuke at sea?

I am considering it

Oh, so you're a moron. That would explain it.

Literally the worst job. It offers such huge benefits because it's such a horrific life. Work more than anyone else in the fleet. But you're rewarded for it,

Google around, you'll find stories. No lifting, no fun, no real life, no time for really anything. Attrition everywhere, suicides, etc. Most are true. If you are willing sacrifice the 6 years of hell, it's worth it. But hey, you didn't join the military to take a vacation. If you had, you'd be in the Air Force, am I right? ;)