/routine general/

Previous thread >klokov paused bench edition

Check out our new sticky!
>fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

fitsticky.com/starting-strength/
fitsticky.com/texas-method
strengtheory.com/sarcoplasmic-vs-myofibrillar-hypertrophy/
baye.com/myth-of-sarcoplasmic-versus-myofibrillar-hypertrophy/
youtube.com/watch?v=QCBBX5W8IQk
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6746911
strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/
bodybuilding.com/fun/kelly13.htm.
youtube.com/watch?v=3585w9FmOGs
fitsticky.com/starting-strength
fitsticky.com/how-to
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=stretch
youtube.com/watch?v=IE7nALXgXz0
youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
catalystathletics.com/articles/section/10/Mobility-Training-Preparation/
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
youtube.com/watch?v=RXzqWHuAkAM
youtu.be/WrL8hzuICt8?t=1m47s)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reposting this from last thread to get some more input. It's hockey offseason now, any reccomendations for training?

just want a 4 day routine, maybe ppl or lulu
5'10 150 lb

fitsticky.com/starting-strength/

fitsticky.com/texas-method

what is sldl?

do you do form critiques

4 day split for looks? I'm a meme runner and don't give a shit about lifts beyond 1x/1.25x/1.5x/2x BW

5'11, 155

im 99% sure i have gyno. is there any way at all besides surgery to get rid of it, or minimize it in any way?

Lose weight

Is 5/3/1 enough volume for a cut? Probably the second revised version that has you doing the big 3 twice a week

im around 16-17% body fat. do you think there might be a chance it's caused by fat?

Post pics

Ok, last post i promise.
Just added in some barbell shrugs (4x10) to my pull - volume day, and wanted to know if i should still keep the 5x8 for Pull up, or if that is too many sets

Stiff-legged deadlift

Like 99% chance, i'd wager

bump

Legit question.

Been lifting for over a year, but I'm pretty weak as fuck and small at the same time. I've been doing PPL, is there any good routine for hyperthropy and strength gains?

dick chop off when?

There's a lot of them.

But mass gains are pretty dependent on diet. That needs to fit the specs as well. Strength is something you can get away with staying at the same bodyweight and improving but its bloody hard to lay down more muscle mass without gaining weight.

Do a 2 day Upper/Lower with 8-10 reps for compounds focusing on form; two seconds up, two seconds at the top, two seconds down. You wouldn't notice
much of a difference in mass gained just doing a strength program instead until you got to really high weights wherein you might notice joint/tendon fatigue
on a non-equal level to muscle fatigue.

If it's actual gyno, you'll have a hard feeling "knot" underneath the nipple. Otherwise, it's likely just fat. If it is gyno, you'll probably need surgery.

You can keep volume equally high assuming you're not hitting a ridiculous deficit. There's no reason to dramatically change your workout cycle.

You likely don't need both.

Reminder that Trappy will accuse anyone who trains outside of her routines and makes gains of being on roids.

This is probably due to the fact that in the generals she lurks, all the trips are on roids (and lie about it), and still get weak lifts and look like shit.

She has such a narrow view of how training should be done and thinks that the poor results routines like SS get are actually normal.

>her
>she
>she

>a faggot attention whore fetish bait who doesn't lift and spouts wikipedia knowledge while having no insight of his own
>doesn't know shit about lifting in practice
whoa who would've thought

it's pathetic how he has become a 'thing' here. These threads used to be good. Goes to show how little people here lift and how sexually frustrated they are

/lgbt/ should be banned from Veeky Forums honestly, they've only made this board infinitely worse

Kek

I have some gyno. My understanding is there is a gland version and pure fat version.
If its a gland you need it cut out weight loss won't make it smaller and as you lean out it will be more noticeable.
Fat is just losing weight and it shrinks. This is what mine is.

This. He's a weirdo pretending to be a girl that pretends to be knowledgeable about fitness on an anonymous thai boxing pen pal newsletter. This poor soul's entire life revolves around playing pretend with strangers on the internet, and the sooner you newfags stop feeding his fantasies the sooner he might snap out of it and move on with his life.

What do you suggest for strength training for a newlifter instead of SS?

cuckols

Seems like summer newfriends are getting traction.
Can't wait for August.

come on, trap is a newfag himself
and reddit is exactly the place that would support transsexuals

So basically the same stuff trappy recommends.
Alright

>trappy is a newfag
>reddit would like trappy

How can you be so new and still have the guts to pretend you're not?
Do you think we don't notice?

Idk if this is some shitty bait or you are this stupid, but trappy has been here for like 6 months.
And yeah, leddit is know for its SJWness, so traps are welcome there.

Trappy wouldn't recommend it had I not spammed it on /plg/

>trappy has been here for like 6 months

N E W F R I E N D
E
W
F
A
G

trappy is friends with cuckols you retard

cuckols literally came to Veeky Forums once just to discuss biomechanics of the squat with trappy

True gyno is all gland. The "fat version" is just fat and can be gotten rid of by reducing overall body fat. Everyone loses fat differently in terms of location on the body. Once you get to a low enough body fat percentage you will see if you have real gyno. Or you can pay for an ultrasound and have a doctor tell you one way or the other.

How's this PPL? Going for combined strength/hypertrophy with pause variations inspired by based candito

Push:
Bench 3x5-6
OHP 3x5-6
Incline DB bench 3x8-12
Lat raises 3x8-12
Cable flyes 3x8-12

Pull:
Deadlift 2x5-6
DB rows 3x5-6
Chinups 3xF
Hammer curls 3x8-12

Legs:
Squat 3x5-6
Front squat 3x8-12
Plate loaded leg press 3x8-12

Second PPL set of the week is the same but with spoto press in place of bench & pause squats/diddys. Looking potentially for more pull & leg exercises.

Btw im still sorta dyel and i just want to spend more time at the gym because its the only place where i dont hate myself

hey trappy how well do you handle big cocks?

for the most part i have had issues fitting into vaginas (6.5"girth and slightly under 9" length) and I'm wondering if I should try fucking a trap instead

Why a 2 day split vs a 4 day split?

>>cuckols literally came to Veeky Forums once just to discuss biomechanics of the squat with trappy
>a tripfag
>coming to Veeky Forums to have a conversation
>with another tripfag
Can we go back to 2004 please?

Non optimal. You don't have to push each muscle to complete failure by the end of a workout to make it grow. The exact percentage is unknown, and it's possible
that the more muscle mass you have towards your genetic potential, the harder you have to push, but for most lifters, aiming for 70-90% exhaustion is more than
sufficient to see maximal hypertrophy. Going by that, would you rather gain maximal hypertrophy once a week or twice a week?

Swap Flyes on Push with Hammer Curls on Pull. If you want to spend more time at the gym but are a Novice, do a beginner routine instead and add a 3x10-12+
Accessory like Curls or Lat Raises at the end, and on off days do the same workout as the day before without the Accessories (only compounds) dialed back to
3x15@25% 1RM and don't go to failure; leave each set with 5-8 left in the tank. It'll allow you to work on form while not harming your recovery.

>Has trouble with fitting in vaginas
>Thinks assholes will be easier

are you the guy from the last thread that thinks muscle fibres are split between myofibrilar and sarcoplasmic, and thinks sprinters and cyclists have big legs because they run and cycle a lot?

because you should just fucking stop.

if you wanna help just talk about simple shit you know about. not everything needs an answer from you - or a guess from you as it seems.

Well, men are tougher and can handle more pain

>calling tranny hate "reddit"
Grasping at the wrong straws user.

Point 1:
strengtheory.com/sarcoplasmic-vs-myofibrillar-hypertrophy/
baye.com/myth-of-sarcoplasmic-versus-myofibrillar-hypertrophy/

Point 2:
>If it was, you would have people with huge legs just from running or taking the stairs. It doesnt work like that.

"Cyclists with huge quads, sprinters with large legs, and obese people with gigantic calves would like to have a word with you." ()

youtube.com/watch?v=QCBBX5W8IQk
-forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6746911
-Weight used heavily varies between sprinters; some sprinters go heavy, some don't. I was making a point with a slightly sarcastic, shitty example because the previous user
stated that over 15 reps is worse for mass. I then followed it by explaining the effects of lifting higher reps.

strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

Very little difference in hypertrophy doing 15+. This agrees with my original statement.

Speak for yourself. I cry like a bitch when I stub my toe.

Can you recommend a 2 day split for a novice/advanced novice?

90 ohp
135 bench
225 squat
250 dead

At 155 lb

I ran SS from about November, made good progress, and then stupidly decided to cut. Obviously I stalled, so after a couple of months (I think I cut way too hard, went from 71kg to 61kg in 8 weeks), I started eating at a surplus again and moved on to Texas Method.

My lifts are all improving again, except my squat. I was at 115kg squat before my cut, which dropped to 107.5kg by the end of my cut. But now, after 5 weeks on Texas method, I've had to deload to to 100kg, and it's not even for 5 reps. What the hell has happened? Should I deload again?

Stats pre cut:
Weight: 71kg
Bench: 65 1x5
Squat: 115kg 1x5
Deadlift: 130kg 1x4
Row: 62.5kg 1x5
OHP: 47.5kg 3x3

Stats now:
Weight: 63kg
Bench: 70kg 1x5
Squat: 100kg 2x3
Deadlift: 125kg 1x4
Row: 67.5kg 1x5
OHP: 45kg 1x5

>Point 1
do you even know what myofibrillar hypertrophy means...?

myo (muscle) fibrillar (fibres) hypertrophy,
it means the muscle fibres get bigger, as opposed to sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. the myofibres (muscle fibres) are not separated into microfibres and sarcoplasm.

maybe you should have a gander at some simpler literature before you read anything else.

>Point 2

From strength theory
>Is there a hypertrophy range practically?
>In all likelihood. But that doesn't mean you should do all your training there.
>On average, looking at both percent differences and effect sizes, the “hypertrophy range” did slightly better than either high reps or low reps.
>pic related

the point isn't there is NO difference. the point of the article was to not get caught up in the 'hypertrophy rep range' and do a variety of rep ranges, whilst also focusing more on rep ranges that are more conducive to other goals, such as getting stronger (lower reps) or improving endurance (higher reps)

I'm not bothered to find the post but you basically said "theres no difference between one million reps vs 1 rep if you go to muscular failure" (as opposed to volitional failure, kek) - which is just not fucking true in the slightest. there's a difference between 5 and 15, there's definitely a difference between 1,000,000 and 1. feel free to read some of those articles you posted.

stop skimming abstracts to support your points
stop dishing out advice you dont have THOROUGH knowledge about.
just stop.

>cuckols is a tripfag

Fucking summer fags kill yourselves

I've been here since 2003 you dumb nigger, a namefag is a namefag and coming to Veeky Forums to have a conversation with a namefagging tranny is clinically retarded

>cuckols is a namefag

FUCKING
NEW
FAGS
GO
AWAY

Help. What do I need to look husbando mode and thick in a t shirt, am I missing something?
No benching right now.
The accessory I do is manageable too.

Squat
OHP
DL
Hammer Curls
LTE
Calves/Forearm

Squat
OHP
Hammer Curls
LTE
Calves/Forearm

Squat
OHP
Snatch grip DL
Hammer Curls
LTE
Calves/Forearms

What routine would I have to do to become your boyfriend?

So exactly what routine of his? Create my own from the 28 programs shit?

Also, why is "The Journey" program so different compared to if you were to put together your own using the "28 programs"? Doesn't make sense.

Anyone have an experience with Izzy's Powerlifting Novice Program? I tried it for about a month after leaving SS so I could do better at the sport of Powerlifting.

I'm thinking about switching to a 5 or 6 day program so I can spread out the work and not have to do squats bench and deads all in one heavy day.

Also I'm working towards getting my weight down from 240 to about 190 for the Navy.

What warm up exercises do you guys recommend previous to doing SS? Apart from gradually adding weight to the bar up to the work sets.

I'm lacking in lower body flexibility too (I've been on a sitting position most of the time in the last few years) which I think is limiting my lifts and I'm starting to feel some pain on my lower back, specifically almost where my spine ends, between my glutes, so if you guys can give some stretching advice I'm much appreciate it. I have already substituted the standing hands to toes stretch for hanging with my hands from a bar to decompress the spine.

Bump.

Rowing machine is god tier warmup, full body+flexibility
>cutting for a career in endurance work
>power lifting routine
Priorities man

pls rate my routine and help me fix it if there is something wrong, also what about benching everything close grip and exclude tricep exercises?

A1 B1 x A2 B2 x x

A1
bench 3x5 heavy
ohp 3x8-10 / 5x5 light
incline bench 3x8-10
side and front lateral raises superset 3x12
skullcrushers 3x12
leg press 5x15

B1
ohp 3x5 heavy
bench 3x8-10 / 5x5 light
bb row 3x5 heavy
closegrip pulldowns 3x10
facepulls 3x20
hammer curls 3x10
leg curls 4x15
something for forearms

A2
bench 3x5 heavy
ohp 3x8-10 / 5x5 light
closegrip bench 3x12
chest flyes 3x15
tricep pushdowns 3x10
leg press 5x15

B2
ohp 3x5 heavy
bench 3x8-10 / 5x5 light
weighted chinups/underhand pulldowns 3x5-8
single arm db row 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
leg curls 4x15
something for forearms

le REEEEEEEE frog . j p g

r8, h8, reply with b8:

1x2x3x4x1x2x etc

1)
DL 4×3
>Bench 5×5
Paused squat tech at 60% ?×?
btn snatch press 5×5
2)
>Squat 5×5
Bench 5×5
Pendlays 3×8
Pullups 3×F
3)
Squat 5×5
>OHP 5×5
Hip trusts 3×8
Slow descent bench tech 80% 5×?
4)
>DL 4×3
OHP 5×5
Front squat tech at 70% ?×?
Pullups 3×F

The meme-arrow'd lift is the primary lift for the day, I reserve some strength to PR on that lift if needed.
The two first lifts are always the same, the other two slots are for assistance and tech on when I need it.

Still beginner, noticed that SS squats + DL on the same day didn't do it for me, and wanted slightly higher volume on upper body.
Having only 2 main lifts per day gives me a bit more space to do some assistance and tech work.
Lifting 55 / 68 / 100 / 135 for main lift day sets×reps mentioned.

How should I go about in prioritizing my goals?

u need to do SS longer and evaluate your diet

Trappy:

Don't let the haters get you down! You're cute and helpful!!!

That being said please make/recommend a standard stretching/mobility routine for general strength training. Pretty please?

If I ever see people harassing you IRL you know they would feel the fury of my fists.

Thanks!

-Penermo

Fuck off meme man

Just made a thing that I think most of you will enjoy.

Should answer a lot of questions in a quick and easy to understand manner.

>Point 1
You're absolutely right. I'm an idiot and my wording was exceedingly terrible. It should have read as Myofibrillar vs Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and fiber types should have
been specified as Type 1/Type 2. I was thinking with something like article related in mind - bodybuilding.com/fun/kelly13.htm. My original post makes more
sense if you reword:

>As per muscle fibers, this would be Myofribillar vs Sarcoplasmic.

to

>As per muscle fiber growth, this would be Myofribillar vs Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

Even still, I admit I fucked up and worded it like garbage.

>Point 2

>Most of Veeky Forums will shit on you for doing over 12 reps, but there's no real downside to it assuming you know beforehand that it won't be as optimal for pure strength gain.

One million reps is a metric fuck-ton given as an example. My example was just an absurdly high number for sake of being an absurdly high number. I don't think many
people would bother with more than 20 reps in a set.

187cm 70kg 20yrs
lifting for almost a year went from 65kg to this

I am changing my routine again. Please give tips.

My current routine is:
rest every 3-4 days
chest+tricep
back+bicep
legs
abs+shoulders
(and forearms somewhere in there)
repeat
Current routines
Chest: bench(normal+inclined),flys,peck
Legs:leg press(inclined and horizontal, calves(weighted+iclined press), leg extension, ham curls
SHoulders: military press, Arnold press, fyls, front+back raises
Back,triceps,biceps i will change later on.
Also how often can i work abs and not overtrain?

inb4: Do some deadlifts/squats dyel. Yeah i know im putting these in too :( Help pls

is it okay to not deadlift? on the days i usually deadlift i decided to focus on power cleans more and do clean pulls after that. on my othr lifting day i do rdl so i figure that hits the same stuff mostly. and i do back extensions at the end of all my workouts for dem joocy spinal erectors. any problems with this trappy and friends?

why are you doing a body part split? you obviously should be doing a beginner LP for a few months

EAT MORE
LIFT MORE
SS + GOMAD NOW

(srs)

Aren't these just to get your body to adapt/strengthen so you can do the splits better? I did these for the first 2 months. From what i understand splits allow for better localization and therefore optimal recovery gain.

If you can explain what is the point im glad to do them again. Thanks

TELL ME HOW MUCH AND IM GONNA DO IT.

Except for gomad. Too much milk can cause you allergies and i don't trust anything in large quantities. I drink 0.5l per day at most.

Good weightlifting routine for my father? He's 60 and getting back pain from his job(truck driver).

youtube.com/watch?v=3585w9FmOGs

fitsticky.com/starting-strength
fitsticky.com/how-to

Pic related. I recommend you give it a read, it not only teaches proper form on everything, but talks about injury prevention in a lot of detail.

Not to assume anything, but if you're old man is like mine then he is super unfit and very inflexible.

Get him doing a lot of stretching in addition to any training. This will really help free up hip flexors and everything else tightening his lower back. As a driver he's probably got some really tight and inflexible shit in there messing up his spine. It wouldn't surprise me if he able to perform anything approaching a squat at first.

calculate your caloric needs. (don't forget to include your activity). Tons of calculators online.
Track what you eat for a week or two. If you hit your goals, fine, if not (what I suspect is the case) EAT MORE.
Considering you only gained 5kg in almost a year, you're probably not eating enough.

You should do a linear progression routine for as long as you make linear progression. With proper nutrition, you should be able to hit 1/2/3/4 on a LP program.

And you should never do a bodypart split. You're just wasting potential gains.

No muscle needs more than 2-3 days rest. (Protein synthesis, i.e. growth) The bigger the muscle, the longer rest it needs (quads, chest, ...) Smaller muscles like biceps, shoulders, ... can be trained almost every day.

Always ask these questions:
>Are you making progress?
- Yes: fine. Keep doing what you're doing.
- No:
>Are you gaining weight?
- Yes: there is something wrong with the training
- No: EAT MORE

>gained 5 kilos in a year
I got really bad news for you senpai.

Thanks for the SS meme you 120 lb tranny freak. Quality post.

Pretty much, he can get pretty close to a good 3rd world squat, but yeah the hop flexor are a bug problem for him. He doesn't just drive, he loads and unloads, so there's a lot of lifting.

That's fine senpai.

>0.5L per day

Cmon senpai I'm a tiny girl and even I drink more milk than that.

Step it up, gotta eat big to get big CMON

Depends on where you're lacking in mobility.

In general, ankle and hamstring stretching is good for everyone.
Other than that, just stretch on the basis of what you feel you're needing.
Here are some links:

youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=stretch
youtube.com/watch?v=IE7nALXgXz0
youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
catalystathletics.com/articles/section/10/Mobility-Training-Preparation/

Don't max out with 5x5, it's awful for progression.
Do 3x5 with back off sets after.

You don't need to do closegrip exclusively. Do both closegrip and regular grip and your triceps will be fine.

Split the muscle groups you're training. Give each at least 48h of rest before training again. This will maximise the efficiency of muscle growth and strength development.
There are lots of examples of splits on fitsticky.com/texas-method

You are probably absolutely fucking right.
Starting right away. THanks.

See this post Do Sheiko
Nuckols C6W are good options as well

Dietmar seems to be popular amongst the guys on /plg/ for now as well, but I still don't have experience with those.

Yes.
There are examples of "general programs" for early-intermediate and intermediate lifters on fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
He includes a pdf on the package explaining how to customise your routine and put the programs together.

Don't deload on TM, cycle the rep ranges and keep increasing the weights.
It's explained on fitsticky.com/texas-method

And read the "Getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs
It includes some important tips that are useful even for intermediate and advanced lifters.

I mean, it's nothing but a list of exercises... If you want feedback you should include at least the reps x sets and progression scheme.

Just warmup and use lube senpai.
Works fine for me, and I can fit some very think toys in my butt.

Sometimes it hurts but just go slowly and the pain passes.

If you're training 3 times per week with that, it's a waste of time.
If you're training 6 times per week with that, it's a waste of time.

Get a more sensible PPL program instead
There are examples at the bottom of this page fitsticky.com/texas-method

pls rate

I do this with a few added on, to help recuperate after surgery on my back

Lower the sets of rows. Keep the pullup 5 sets.
Adding shrugs is fine.

Read the "Routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Look at the examples at the bottom of the fitsticky.com/texas-method page

Are you on steroids?
If yes, that's fine.

If not, start an actual decent program instead.
Memecada is the hugest waste of time for natty lifters.

Also, if your surgery involved your spine, watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=RXzqWHuAkAM

>I'm a tiny girl
>girl

cmon traps you okay but please be honest

I'm on mobile so I don't care to type out a long response, but your complete lack of gains in a year should be indicative that you're doing something wrong in your training. the point of doing LPs is to get a lot of practice doing fundamental compound movements, become as strong as possible as quickly as possible, and put on as much lbm as possible as quickly as possible. body part splits are stupid and if you fell for the "SS is a meme" meme and insist on not doing an LP, then at least do an UL or push/pull

What's this meme about ppl not being worth doing unless you're on steroids?

I think the issue is the insane volume in the split posted instead of it being ppl

PPL splits are fine. You'll see I recommend them all the time.
There are examples on fitsticky.com/texas-method

The problem is meme routines like memecada and memeddit PPL who drag a legit type of split into the dirt.

I'm 1.63m 47kg senpai
That's pretty tiny

That and you're only working your full body twice a week as opposed to three.

>
>I'm 1.63m 47kg senpai
>That's pretty tiny
Deliberately misinterpreting that post like you deliberately misinterpret you gender...

Oh alright, would you help me out with my ppl then? I need back exercises specifically and I can't do pullups, yet

Push:

Bench press 5x5
Skullcrushers 5x5
Seated dumbbell press 5x5
Incline bench press 5x5

Pull:

Hammercurls 5x5
Extra left arm hammercurls 5x5 (weaker left)
Lat pulldown 4x8
Dumbbell shrugs 4x10
Cheat lateral raises 5x5

Legs:

Sumo deadlift 3x5
Crush grip goblet squat 3x5

Bwahahahahahahaa what the fuck is this. Holy shit this routine is fucking terrible.

Get on a real fucking program, faggot.

Critique or advice for my following routine. Also, any insight into how to consolidate into two workouts instead of three.

Sets/Reps alternate between strength days and dynamic/volume days:

Workout A:

Squats or Front Squats - 5x5 or 3x10
Overhead Press - 5x5 or 3x10-12
Dumbbell Swing and Jerk - 3-4x8
Weighted Planks

Workout B:

Bench Press - 5x5 or 3x10
Weighted Dips - 3x8-10
Face-pulls - 4x12
Flys - 3-4x10-12
Standing Tricep Extensions (youtu.be/WrL8hzuICt8?t=1m47s) - 3-4x8-12
Hanging Leg Raises - 3-4x10

Workout C:

Deadlifts - 3x5, 5x5, or 3-4x10 (low I/high vol.)
Weighted Chin-ups - 3x8-10
Concentration Curls - 3-4x8-10
Seated Rows - 3-4x8-10
Face-pulls - 4x12
Barbell Curls - 3xFailure

how to high bar squat?

I've just started, skinny 120 dude
I just do bench,deadlift, and squat 5x5. Sometimes i'll curl for warm up. I stretch afterwards cause low back probs

3x per week.

Thoughts?

Midbar is what you're looking for. All our data has proven highbar to be nothing more than a meme.

Okay