Monero VS Verge. Both sides accuse each other of so much shit...

Monero VS Verge. Both sides accuse each other of so much shit. Will we only know what the real deal is when Wraith is released? There are no mother fucking technical details about Wraith..someone smarter than me shed some light on this

Monero has already been used on Darknet Markets. The guy running Alphabay (a darknet market) was caught with a known amount of bitcoin, Zcash and Dash, and an "unknown amount of Monero), which means that at least up until about 6 months ago it was ahead of the government when it came to privacy.

In the next year they are instituting i2p through kovri, which will supercede Tor, as well as light wallets, and you can already trade cash for Monero through localmonero and other sites.

Verge is a meme coin that has the one benefit that "Wraith Protocol" sounds pretty cool.

wraith protocol sounds like some scifi kinda shit, just bought 100k

Wraith does sound cool. The lack of tech details is frustrating. Like what if Wraith does something completely new and is something that hasnt been told to the public? Because than again, the devs do not want Verge to be a pump n dump coin and thats why so many details are kept hush hush. IDK... I may sell as soon as it gets to 180 sats if Wraith is a let down.

Monero is good but Verge has I2p/tor built in

So Verge will be "better" for a short duration? Verge is implementing RSK contracts - does Monero have something like that or plan to?

No, dude. Tor integration is the only thing Verge has, and tor is compromised. Verge also has a public blockchain so government level analysis can still track payments.

Maybe Wraith will address this, but there's honestly no other privacy coin anywhere close to the level of advancement that Monero provides.

Smart contracts are in Monero's roadmap. For now it's trying to make a fundamentally anonymous platform for transactions. Eventually it will support more than just simple transactions in the protocol.

Something most fags point out is verge is bitcoin if you use it through tor. Whom among you is retarded enough to believe normies are smart enough to use bitcoin through tor. Verge does it for you and any normie who hears about verge being a private coin will jump on it so they don't have to set up fucking tor and learn to use bitcoin through it.

If the wraith protocol fixes the public ledger problem then we may have a pump but imo it might dump til then

Oh. Fuck :( Well, I best start researching other coins worth HODLing. I have $700 to play with so they need to be cheap..

>wraith protocol
I am pretty pissed off deadline was missed due to Irma.
Fine, i can accept a alleged '1 week delay', but at least release the fucking white paper about wraith.
>if wraith isnt implemented by end of month, im dropping my whale bags.

nice i just bought 100k

>Tor is compromised

Haha nice FUD

Monero is only good because it has first mover advantage and the private ledger.

Marketcap has already shown who the real winner is. They both have been in the market around the same time, yet Monero blows it out of the water. This is just a verge shill thread lmao.

First time investing in crypto and my largest bag is a bag of fucking memes. But I have somewhat learned how to spot key differences in legit coins vs shitcoins at least.

>monero is only better because it's better.

If Verge were to get private Lester, Monero is technically behind in privacy features.

Verge has tor/I2p
Monero has private ledger

Verge shill here ill answer specific questions

Monero was the standard and is a good coin but its just dated. Adapting it wont be good enough for long, verge is a new privacy token not a frankensteined propped up relic.

Privacy should have higher market share though monero deserves bch spot and price for time being but verge will begin sharing that after wraith and snowball from there.

That is something else that conflicts my decision to get out of Verge. I believe the devs try to keep some things a secret in order to get ahead of the competition. Thats a good move.

>if verge were to become better it would be better.

>Haha nice FUD
Dude if you start googling Tor you go on lists. And you think the US.gov doesn't have a hole into the thing it built? It is the equivalent of buying a shit load of fertilizer on the credit card, you can build your bomb where no one can see, but as soon as you made that transaction to acquire the components .gov started watching you. Same thing with tor.

So why are you on the.intert? The US built that.

What you outlined is posed weakness of a common bloke against an APT such as the NSA. They wont crack Tor, but will find your ass through other metadata leaks. That has.nothing to do with Tor tumbling.your exit IP. You could argue that CIA holds a lot of Tor nodes, but you can simply use a Tor bridge. So again, Tor is not.compromised, only retards with bad opsec compromise themselves

>100k
Please stop with this meme. It was funny the first day. Now it's just desperately sad.

I don't get this debate. Monero is superior, as simple as that. People then say "when Verge does (insert anything), it'll be better than Monero". Okay, and Monero is also still being developed. Monero is simply a better coin, has been here longer and will always be the privacy coin.

I rest my case

The arguing between fanboys between these two coins is useless. There is a market for multiple anonymous coins. Verge, a faster coin, can be more for the casual normie day to day spending and Monero can slow but safe and secure transact for your kilo of fucking coke.

Anyone else holdig verge bags rn

I've got 45k xvg ... shit is looking bleak right now lol

It won't because XVG devs don't see a public ledger as a "problem", on the contrary they see a public blockchain as the only way any real currency can be taken seriously.

this lol

Actually that's not true either.
and what is that verge dev retard going to implement? the tech on monero side is fucking top quality. you can't just copy pasta that shit like he did to build verge ( bitcoin / doge coin clone ) + tor integration ( fucking laughable )

really. anyone who is on the verge side is fucking retarded. really.