Nutrition for long running

Hello Veeky Forums,

I plan to do an ultra-marathon (100 k/60 miles). Any recommendation for the nutrition?
Should I still eat lots of protein? What would be a good macro distribution?

F to pay respects to OP's nonexistent gains

F

F

F

F

F

Have you ran a marathon before? If so, you know the nutrition. For ultrarunning (I assume you wouldn't jump straight into ultrarunning without going the longest distance for long runs). any food fuel after a certain point. You shoukd still eat plenty of protein after every run (especially long runs) to repair your calves, quads and hamstrings.

Good luck. I thought about ultrarunning, but I don't think I could stand running thst long. Ive done marathons (4hrs) and running that long is boring to me even with distractions.

>tfw running half marathon this morning

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN

F

>t. I'm afraid of some cardio.

>ultra-marathon
>some cardio

>SOMEONE HAS DIFFERENT GOALS THAN I DO!!!

>ultra marathon
>rattling bones intensifies

>thinks OP cares about gains
Different goals. Not everyone is a vain lifter who is only lifting for girls like you.

Thanks for the respect to my gains, they will be missed.

I have run a marathon before. Twice. Did not care about nutrition just ate rice the day before and some gel during the race. I want to optimize this aspect this time.

Thanks for the protein; marathons training is not enjoyable (long runs ruins my Sunday) but the race itself is glorious.

Good luck for the half. Going for a time?

Jesus Christ I thought I was hardcore for my 30 miles a week regiment. How do I rise to be with the Gods?

Run more.

Not particularly. Just seeing if my marathon training transitions over to a halfer. The halfway point on the marathon I did i got my PR of 1:47. That's when I was attempting to conserve energy. Though it's been a month now since that marathin and I've only one bout 50 miles since then.

remember to tape your nipples

Or wear looser shirts and not worry about it

>tfw never had black toe
The worse I ever had was runners diarrhea at mile 10 during a halfer.

That shouldn't be a problem.
You should do a PR easily then even with a month of light training. Good luck.

Didn't happen. It was hot as fuck and even the regular runners there were off their PR's around 3-5 minutes. Oh well, it was fun though. It was a small time trail race. I just hated the transition from soft ground to asphalt. It was jarring to the knees and ankles. Thank god I do some lifting to prevent injury due to that.

Pic was wrong. I forgot to stop the run. My time was 1:52. I don't know why RK is saying it's my 5th fastest. I've recorded many faster halves before even during training.

Anyways, off to shower and taking a nap.

OH well too bad, good luck for next time.

Holy shit. I'm new to 4 chan, and I came to Veeky Forums because the concept seemed like something I could get into, and to see if anyone was posting about running...

Good god, why do all of you bash runners so hard? I mean... you're like racists hating on someone of another race.

Why are you so awful to someone who has different goals than you?

To the OP, I am a regular long distance runner. I do 1 ultra about every year; have done anywhere from 40 to 100 mile races. The nutrition and prep is essentially the same as marathon nutrition - your race should provide stations for food along the course and they will have appropriate foods available for good performance. Eat like you would for a marathon, then just make sure that on race day you are comfortable.

This is Veeky Forums. We shit on everyone different than us, faggot

That's a good way to be... keep doing it, I'm certain you'll be very successful in life.

Lots and lots of carbs. Potatoes, corn, dried fruits

It's just bants. Bants and memes. Don't get rustled and do your thing.

Oh of course I'm going to keep doing my thing - I love running and I'm darn good at it. I just don't like seeing others get shit on for developing an interest in something that can be such an all-around good thing.

I'm assuming bants means banter?

F

They believe the "muh cardio ruinz muh gainz" meme because they're afraid of doing cardio.

Well I mean to a legitimate degree you will not gain as much muscle mass if you're doing cardio, because energy and matter that would have otherwise been used to build muscle is instead used to perform work. And before this sets anyone off, know that I am not saying that lifting weights isn't performing work. By definition, it is. But the amount of energy it takes to complete any type of good cardio workout (swimming, running, cycling) is greater than that for focused muscle building exercises.

I just think the hostility is kind of ridiculous - you never see hostility like this at races towards the super jacked guys running... I just want to know where the hate is coming from.

What does F mean?

It's because you will post this to show disapproval. Basically Veeky Forums is a kid with a stick poking a hornets nest in a beekeepers uniform. You're the Hornets nest.

Ignore it, make witty counter banter, realize it's not that serious. They will feed off your disdain.

Completely wrong unless you are talking about excessive cardio. Cardio as much as 30 minutes of running or 1 hour of cycling per week will increase gains because it builds more capillaries that gives your muscles more oxygen so that you can do heavier lifts. In addition, it strengthens the heart more and makes it more efficient thus allowing it do more on the same work for less energy Further, this also allows your muscles to receive more nutrients since it increases blood flow to the muscles, thus facilitating recovery (hence gains.)

And no, before you even start spouting it, cardio will never burn muscle unless you have literally zero fat left even if you do excessive cardio. It first uses the already available glycerin in your muscles (which lasts up to 90 minutes, up to 2 hours for very well trained ultradistance atheletes) before it resorts to using fat. Your body will use muscle as a last resort for energy.

For ultra you can't relly on gels and energy drinks alone. You gonna need real food and a probably a camel-back for water and to carry.

Have you done a marathon yet?

well I mean you can but it will most likely suck really hard

For ultras I would throw a lot of things in my backpack. From salted baked potatoes to coca cola and snickers.