Heres what i dont understand. Supposedly, your resting metabolic rate is mainly based on oxigen needs and heart rate...

Heres what i dont understand. Supposedly, your resting metabolic rate is mainly based on oxigen needs and heart rate. Doing stuff that raises your heart rate raised your metabolic needs, such as the EPOC effect.

So if thats the case.., then how that people who have a good stamina (which are the people who tend to have higher metabolisms) have lower heart rates on average?? How does that work? If their heart rates are lower.., how can their energy need be higher?

dude

What..?

They have a higher ejection fraction. And the body is not an engine the heart rate can be higher for a lot of reasons, it's not like the bodies energy consumption rate can be quantified from the amount of blood that is pumped around. Its merely an indication.

First of all, stop thinking in terms of higher/lower metabolisms. Athletic people have higher energy expenditure because they work out a lot, burning calories, and have more lean body mass.

Secondly, raising your heart rate above your resting rate is an indicator of energy consumption; the resting heart rate itself isn't. People with good stamina have stronger hearts, able to pump more blood with each beat, thus their resting heart rate is lower, even if their energy needs are equal or greater.

>First of all, stop thinking in terms of higher/lower metabolisms
M8 ive seen countless of people on a $9000 spiro meter we have at college. And as much as i hate fat people saying "i cant lose weight because of my low metabolism"..., i can defintily guarantee you that there is a HUGE difference in metabolisms among individuals, even if exercise is taken out of the equasion.

Research has shown that difference in metabolism between individuals varies no more than a few hundred calories at the very most.

Care to actually link that research? Because ive seen that spirometer say numbers ranging from 1500 to 3000 (on males)

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but those people surely all had different weights and bf%, right? How many people of equal height, weight and bf have you seen with HUGE differences in metabolism?

Also I wasn't saying that there are no differences, just that it's not helpful to think that way.

A few hundred calories is a lot, you realise? Like more than 10% of most people's TDEE.

>but those people surely all had different weights and bf%, right?
Not necessarily. Last time we did testing there was 1 skinnyfat nerdish guy who never exercised who had 2600, and 1 fit guy with quite alot of muscle, weighting a few kg more than the skinnyfat guy, yet he only had 1750 or something like that.

Maybe the fit guy had metabolic adaptation due to cutting or something, i dont know, but that machine actually said those numbers and its a pretty accurate and reliable machine.

that's a boy, right?

Too big

better?

What? What makes you think so?

the stubble

and yes, i am a virgin

> tfw you'll never eat dat ass
> tfw she'll never sit on you with dat ass
> tfw you'll never stick your tongue inside her sweaty ass

why live brehs

What stubble? You mean the little redish spots on her ass? Im fairly sure those are just irritated hairfollicles. Its not that uncommon. And they stand out abit more because she has goosebumps in this pic.

Google search "ass acne" and youll see how irritated the ass can get. Red spots are nothing unusual

low test cuck detected

Im not posting it but my gf has a similar ass. She has godlike fat deposit genetics. Small, waist, and every fat shes got is in her hips/ass/thighs. When i put my finger below her ass, on her hamstring, her ass sticks out the entire length of my finger. Now combine that with a small waste and a relatively lean stomach.., and thats what i lick nearly everyday. Life is pretty good.

Fuck you asshole

I do also fuck her asshole, yes.

I also forgot to mention that shes a complete nympho, she literally always wants sex and enjoys to do everything. So gets super when from sucking my dick, swallowing etc. I merely have to mention the word sex and her pussy is dripping.

True but hormones are the real factor there. 14 year olds can put away thousands of calories and not get fat because growth hormone levels are so high. Age lowers those hormones, hence fit guys in their 30's killing themselves in the gym trying to lose excess belly fat that just appeared despite no change in diet or lifestyle because their testosterone levels sank. I'm one of those guys :(((

>So gets super when from sucking my dick
She gets super wet when*

Take test, then. Mild dose, no cycling, just for the rest of your life

>metabolic rate based on oxygen needs
This is backwards, your oxygen needs is based upon your metabolic rate

> If their heart rates are lower.., how can their energy need be higher?
think of it like engines. If you got 300hp you don't need to give it much gas to get going.

I thought the standard deviation was 4%, so 99.7% of the population is within 12% of the average.

>think of it like engines. If you got 300hp you don't need to give it much gas to get going.
Well that makes sense, but what exactly happens in the human body that causes some people to have "a more powerfull engine"? What exactly do they have different.

Literally nobody asked.

Ireland pls go and stay go

This reads like the fantasies of a virgin.

What were the conditions of testing? did you keep them hooked up to the meter for a 24 hour period in confinement? or did you hook them up for 15 minutes while making them run on a treadmill?

Because if it is the second, you will get wildly inaccurate results based upon fitness levels.

Or I guess you could do it at rest for a BMR but that would ignore energy usage through activity.

Well thats nice because ive actually got it.
Nah, i was just messing with the sad guy

Its not just the hormones. They are using those nutrients for growth not for energy.

15 minutes on the machine, in a fasted state, in the morning, after sitting completely still for 30 minutes (to make sure the heart rate is actually in a rested state). Seems decently reliable to me

A stronger heart will have a stronger pump, which requires less pumps to move the same volume of blood over a given distance in a given time. I'm sure there are other differences too, but this is the big one, and why they say raising your heart rate during exercise is so important.

Oh ffs. Hormones are what cause growth son. Teenagers can sit on their ass all day and eat and they won't put on fat like an adult

Exogenous testosterone will speed up my male pattern baldness yo. I like pulling women too much to go bald early.

Im actually bald and pulling women is going absolutely fine. recently kissed a 17yo (im 28) at a bar. Also fucked an 18yo from tinder.

Then my two thoughts are:
1. whoever did the surface area calculations did them incorrectly, or used a formula that was not accurate for specific body types.
2.Some subjects did not follow the 14hour fasting rule, or perhaps their specific diets caused non-normal metabolic reactions.

But you can pump an adult full of HGH and it won't have the same caloric changes as with a child who is actually growing. In comparision to testosterone or estrogen, which will cause physical body changes.

Teenagers aren't just experiencing high hgh, testosterone levels skyrocket. Oestrogen in girls obv. But as a guy now in his early 30's I can tell you that the amount of work I have to do to maintain the body I've had for the last 4 years is getting to stupid amounts. Low body fat is so difficult to achieve, whereas until I was 26 I never had to worry about visible abs. Bottom line metabolism varies alot between people.

Physiology student here, I'll try to explain it to you op.

First you must understand some basic terms:

Cardiac output: the amount of blood your heart pumps per minute

Stroke volume: the amount of blood your heart pumps per stroke

Heart rate: how many strokes your heart does per minute

Ok so, the heart is a muscle. And while it is different in some aspects than skeletal muscle, it is subject to hypertrophy based on exercise. So when a person goes through endurance training, his heart becomes 1) bigger 2) stronger.

Those 2 factors increase his stroke volume, but his cardiac output (while resting) remains the same. And since CO= SV*HR, someone with a higher stroke volume will have a lower resting heart rate

Well that's great and all but the choice is between being bald with a 6 pack or keeping my hair and just being a regularly /fit guy then i'm picking the hair. Hell I'm strongly considering saving for transplant as the success rate with modern tech looks pretty good as long as you're not delusional or expect miracles.

that fucking asss hnhnhnhnnhnnnnggggggggggg

>mfw I come in these threads,open and save all pics and GTFO without reading a single word

You're 28 and you're proud of kissing a 17 year old? Balding is the least of your problems

Testosterone doesn't decrease that much. You just have poor work ethic.

You dumbshit. When you're hair recedes it's because of the lowering of all hormones in general. Plus bone growth stops at 28, which means an even lower bmr and that means you have to watch your diet even more. Poor work ethic ha. No one who looks like I do at this age while having a career in programming is slacking.

BMR doesn't decrease that much either. And it doesn't vary that much between individuals. Everything you're saying is bullshit.

Whatever kid. If you really think your metabolism & bmr at 20 will be the same at 30 then I can't help you.

Lmao

In Veeky Forums terms, there is no replacement for displacement.

I do the same my devilish friend

U S E F U L
S
E
F
U
L

BREEEEEEEEEHHHHHH WHHHAAAAAAAT THE FUGGGGGGG

WHO
H
O

THANKS FOR THE INFO BRO